Sluggish economy,
Failed foreign policy
Racial division
Unprecedented corruption
Failed energy policy
Rampant unemployment
Destruction of the healthcare system
Widening of the earnings gap

It will take more than a generation for any if this to be repaired, if it ever can be.

But simply think for a second. It is easy to admonish him, but what can we honestly point to as a legacy building achievement?

What Will be Obamas Legacy?

I don't see much to go on but one of the most failed presidencies in U.S. History.
That's completely untrue. He is not at all a failed president. If you want to discuss a failed presidency, discuss GW Bush. You people love making up a false reality about Obama. Pretty silly.

But simply think for a second. It is easy to admonish him, but what can we honestly point to as a legacy building achievement?

maybe. just maybe. the current negotiations could lead to an end of hostilities between iran and the USA.

releations with some european countries have also improved, after Bush tried to play the european nation out against each other

but in total. there really isnt that much.

I don't see much to go on but one of the most failed presidencies in U.S. History.
That's completely untrue. He is not at all a failed president. If you want to discuss a failed presidency, discuss GW Bush. You people love making up a false reality about Obama. Pretty silly.

Are you sticking to the merits of the op or are you goading me into a Bush/Obama comparison? Generally, people make the argument you do in an effort to point toward someone they PERCEIVE as worse so as to prop up the person in question. But no one is in question here but President Obama. There is nothing in this thread about Bush. I see what you're doing.

maybe. just maybe. the current negotiations could lead to an end of hostilities between iran and the USA.

releations with some european countries have also improved, after Bush tried to play the european nation out against each other

On your two points.......you're grasping at straws.
First, as long as Obama and subsequent leaders continue to take a neo-con approach to the Russian Federation, Iran remains in the crosshairs in a proxy war.
Second, western European countries continue to be obedient lap-dogs to the U.S.. Afterall, our NSA spying on our allies isn't for naught!

So, in total, there is not only not that much, there is mostly next to nuthin'!

On your two points.......you're grasping at straws.
First, as long as Obama and subsequent leaders continue to take a neo-con approach to the Russian Federation, Iran remains in the crosshairs in a proxy war.
Second, western European countries continue to be obedient lap-dogs to the U.S.. Afterall, our NSA spying on our allies isn't for naught!

So, in total, there is not only not that much, there is mostly next to nuthin'!

Grasping at straws was what I asked him to do.

Are you sticking to the merits of the op or are you goading me into a Bush/Obama comparison? Generally, people make the argument you do in an effort to point toward someone they PERCEIVE as worse so as to prop up the person in question. But no one is in question here but President Obama. There is nothing in this thread about Bush. I see what you're doing.

My point is that I think it is ludicrous to assert that Obama's is a failed presidency. The facts don't support such an assertion, but the right wing has been making that assertion since the beginning of his tenure in office, even calling regularly for his impeachment when there is nothing to base an impeachment on. To point out the hypocrisy of the right, I mention how clearly we can see that GW Bush's presidency was a failure and yet you folks never mention that. The whole position in the OP is ludicrous. That's my point. I'll leave this thread alone. I've expressed my opinion; it won't change. Essentially, the OP has no merit.

My point is that I think it is ludicrous to assert that Obama's is a failed presidency. The facts don't support such an assertion, but the right wing has been making that assertion since the beginning of his tenure in office, even calling regularly for his impeachment when there is nothing to base an impeachment on. To point out the hypocrisy of the right, I mention how clearly we can see that GW Bush's presidency was a failure and yet you folks never mention that. The whole position in the OP is ludicrous. That's my point. I'll leave this thread alone. I've expressed my opinion; it won't change. Essentially, the OP has no merit.

So what do YOU think will be Obama's legacy? Or do you just like to carp from the back bench?

Glad you're leaving this thread alone because you failed to specifically name any accomplishments contributing to a positive Obie legacy. Please stay outta the thread Obamabot!

The facts don't support such a conclusion? What are the facts?

World Peace........after all, he did win a Nobel Peace Prize.

Oh yeah, he stopped the oceans from rising and he healed the Earth.

One more, he's legacy will be the most transparent administration in history.

I think Obama's legacy will be limited to having been our First Black President. This will be spun as a barrier breaking achievement, but in reality it will have set back race relations in our country and made election of another Black President much more difficult.

I think Obama's legacy will be limited to having been our First Black President. This will be spun as a barrier breaking achievement, but in reality it will have set back race relations in our country and made election of another Black President much more difficult.

many a paper will be written about that.

In reality, the first mulatto Prez......

In reality, the first mulatto Prez......

Lets not let the facts get in the way of the Black legacy.

Forum List

Back