What were your favorite childhood books?

xotoxi

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2009
Yuurmaam
goodnight-moon.jpg

"Love you Forever" with my kids. Also "Where the Wild Things Are". We are going to see the movie as a family at the IMEX theater.

I don't remember my parents reading to me as a kid. Bastards!!!! lol

The OZ series books...published between around 1912 up to the early 1930s.

There's about 20 or 30 in total.

Absolutely beautiful images with great storylines for young kids.

You can see two of them in their entirety on my website.

I bought them in 1957 for a buck each. (that was 4 weeks of my allowance each, incidently)

I'm informed they're worth abut $400 each now.

Best investment I ever made, I think.

Wish I had the whlole series to put online for the kids, but that'd take about a $20,000 investment.

When my ship comes in, I guess.

Last edited:
PoohAnimated.jpg

Here comes Edward Bear now, down the stairs behind Christopher Robin. Bump! Bump! Bump! on the back of his head. It is, as far as he knows, the only way of coming down stairs. He is sure that there must be a better way, if only he could stop bumping for a moment to think of it.

were???? i am a dr suess freak.....cat in the hat....all of them....

that is what i read to the kidlet....as a child i remember my father reading stories to me...hansel and grethal....i loved that story....

when I was a kid, I used to read the Encyclopedia Britannica. I would go through the whole set page by page and read stuff that caught my eye.

My mother had all the old, leather bound versions of fairy tales that we all read constantly. They were the ones that had few pictures, very long stories and were really scary. They resided on the same shelves as the encyclopedias.

We never watched too much TV but I loved it when we were allowed. I still love reading but I also really love TV.

Forum List

Back