What Were You In High School?

What "Group" Were You In In High School?

• Jocks / Cheerleaders

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Nerds

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Heads

• Rejects

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Preppies

• Bimbos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something Else (please specify)

Votes: 17 60.7%

• Total voters
mudwhistle said:
...I've learned some cords but never had lessons. Played other people's guitars.

I've known a few fairly decent 'self-taught'musicians over the years. The pianist at the church my family attended through most of the 80's taught himself to play mathematically (his description). So, I know it can be done.

"Last chair trombone", though? Too bad your heart wasn't a bit more into it. You might have picked up on something more to aid in your development as a guitarist.

As for my earlier than usual seating arrangement in the HS band, I was lucky in a couple of respects. Although I didn't pick up the trumpet until middle school, I had the advantage of a few years of piano lessons prior to that. This meant that I already knew how to read music in both clefs (simultaneously, no less) and was free to focus my energy on developing the physical aspects involved in playing a brass instrument (those muscles don't build themselves, as you know). My junior high music instructor also seemed to take a special interest in me (Not in a weird way!) and sold me his personal trumpet (a Bach Stradivarius), allowing my parents to pay for it on time. He was figuratively and literally instrumental in my development as a musician, and I'm forever indebted to him.

Last edited:
Egghead and Stoner. Only person in both. By eighth grade had done enuff weed that Stoners quit wondering if I was a Narc.

Never in the Narc group.

Regards from Rosie

Forum List

Back