What Was Your First Car?

Fortunately, I've always had to buy my own cars, and therefore researched what insurance rates would be *before* I bought a car. The most I ever paid for insurance was on the Monte Carlo... :eusa_whistle: Talk about a car that goes when you push the pedal....

1980 Chevette.

I used to tell women that I drove "a 'vette!"

It was so run down, the floorboards rusted out and I'd get soaked driving over puddles on the street. It couldn't climb hills.

I smashed it in an accident and got the value of the wiperblades for it.

1980 Chevette.

It was so run down, the floorboards rusted out and I'd get soaked driving over puddles on the street. It couldn't climb hills.

My brother and sister got the 82 "vette", it was dead by the time I could drive. It was my dad's car that he passed down. My brother would tell his friends when he was moving to live with his dad he was going to get a vette. The best is when it would backfire.

Fortunately, I've always had to buy my own cars, and therefore researched what insurance rates would be *before* I bought a car. The most I ever paid for insurance was on the Monte Carlo... :eusa_whistle: Talk about a car that goes when you push the pedal....

LOL! One of my friends was Monte Carlo cultist. My car was way too much car for a 16 year old. Nuff said.

1969 VW camper bus:

1969VW-009.jpg

It was already over 10 years old when I inhereted it to drive to college. I spent all summer fixing it up -- replacing the carpet, upholstry, panel, cassette stereo, etc. It was fun for all the friends to pile in and drive around, but the damn thing broke down a lot.

1969 VW camper bus:

1969VW-009.jpg

It was already over 10 years old when I inhereted it to drive to college. I spent all summer fixing it up -- replacing the carpet, upholstry, panel, cassette stereo, etc. It was fun for all the friends to pile in and drive around, but the damn thing broke down a lot.

Strawberry Fields Forever...

1969 VW camper bus:

1969VW-009.jpg

Yeah, that's the one. I didn't have mine painted in the classic flower power motto. Wouldn't have been my first choice for a car, it was what I inhereted and I couldn't really afford to buy a car, but the old bus was actually pretty fun to have, when it worked.

1980 Chevette.

My brother and sister got the 82 "vette", it was dead by the time I could drive. It was my dad's car that he passed down. My brother would tell his friends when he was moving to live with his dad he was going to get a vette. The best is when it would backfire.

I drove both a Toyota Corolla and a Honda Civic in high school that would backfire so loud, cats and dogs would go running! :lol:

1969 VW camper bus:

1969VW-009.jpg

Yeah, that's the one. I didn't have mine painted in the classic flower power motto. Wouldn't have been my first choice for a car, it was what I inhereted and I couldn't really afford to buy a car, but the old bus was actually pretty fun to have, when it worked.

I hear you. I was lucky in that my dad bought me the Mustang. My mom sold it for like $500 the year after, because of my high school attendance rate. My dad had been saying I was 'sick' when they called him at work. *sigh* My dad did get better, he didn't think 'girls' had to go to college, he changed. However, I was aligned with my mom with the exception of attending high school. ;)

1980 Chevette.

I drove both a Toyota Corolla and a Honda Civic in high school that would backfire so loud, cats and dogs would go running! :lol:
one morning when my brother started up the vette I swear there was a drive by happening.
I had a Dodge Omni that did the same shit, the best part was when the horn was shorting out and would not stop going off. I had a few people flipping me off! I than wacked the steering wheel so hard to get it to stop I some how shorted out the tail lights but at least the horn stopped.

Most of my friends had muscle cars.
I had the 69' Jeep Commando, rag top. That damn thing could go anywhere.

Attachments

• $JeepCommando.jpg
    $JeepCommando.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 38

Forum List

Back