What was wrong with the old design?

The penny needs to be gotten rid of all together. What a waste of resources.

Thank you Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner for making the final call. Is there a bigger slimeball in the Obama Administration than him? I realize they're all slimeballs, but I consider him to be the worst. His buddies probably got some of the stimulus money to make this happen.

A penny is actually worth more if you melt it down and sell the raw metal.

The Web site of the U.S. Mint explains that the stripes represent the 13 original states and the banner signifies “a single union in support of the federal government.
Obviously a transparent effort by Obama to give the federal government total power. Fascism is right around the corner.

:eek:

The Web site of the U.S. Mint explains that the stripes represent the 13 original states and the banner signifies “a single union in support of the federal government.
Obviously a transparent effort by Obama to give the federal government total power. Fascism is right around the corner.

I've heard of spins but this one might qualify as a twist.

I've heard of spins but this one might qualify as a twist.
:confused: Weren't the Founders against a federal union? Oh, it gets so confusing....

Only a penny from 1982 or earlier.

After that, they weren't made with copper anymore. They're 97% zinc now, and the value of one penny's worth of zinc is less than 1 cent.

Only a penny from 1982 or earlier.

After that, they weren't made with copper anymore. They're 97% zinc now, and the value of one penny's worth of zinc is less than 1 cent.

A penny for your thoughts Paulie. ;)

Great song for beginners.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mDArXfPakU]YouTube - Peter Frampton-"Penny for your Thoughts"-Acoustic Solo-2007[/ame]

Forum List

Back