What was the most beautiful thing you ever saw?

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
In my wild 20s I went on walk-about hiking down the California coastline. One morning south of San Francisco I was navigating through some kind of jogging trail along some body of water (it was dark and I was kinda lost waiting for dawn to get my bearings.) Finding a picnic table I sat and waited as the sky began to brighten and I realized I must be close to the coast as coastal hills were visible. As dawn broke I could see the fog rolling in and down the hills giving the appearence of a time-lapse photo of a waterfall. But with fog. Could perceive the motion of it rolling up and over the peak and falling slowly down the slope. Was amazingly beautiful.

large-msg-137969604852.jpg

1. The birth of my daughters.
2. The whole of the Sea of Galilee from the top of Mount Arbel after walking all the way from Nazareth last February tracing the steps Jesus took in the New Testament.
3. The Indian Ocean from Quiet Beach, where they filmed much of the beginning of the movie Life of Pi.
4. The space shuttle launching into outer space.
5. Mother Teresa when she was still alive and at work.
6. One solitary can of warm beer at a truck stop after crossing the desert.
7. My partner the first time I saw her on that sunny morning on the top of Masada in the Sinai desert.
8. That one medevac helicopter so many years ago.
9. Pizza Hut after two weeks without much food and water because of a hurricane, and it was the first place back in business once we could get out with our car.
10. The view of the whole of the northern mesa of Spain from Cruz Militar, the highest point in the pilgrimage of the Camino de Santiago del Compestela, after walking 600 miles.

I can't decide between:

Niagara Falls
The Grand Canyon
Sequoia Natural Forest
Christmas Farm Inn, in Jackson NH around Christmas

They all take your breath away.....

The Grand Canyon

I would also like to add the BWCA (Boundary Waters Canoe Area) in Nothern MN

Both of the above are stunning.

Last edited:
My second marriage was breaking up and one Sunday, I just didn't want to be in the same room with him so I went out to see a collection of El Greco paintings that had been touring and just happened to be in my town.

It took me completely away from everything and made me feel I was in the presence of such perfection. It truly seemed like God.

el_greco_37.jpg

More:

El Greco paintings

I also loved the hills of New Hampshire in the Fall colors. Beautiful.

In nature, it would be a toss up between going on an Alaskan cruise and being up close to a calving glacier, and the breathtaking scenery on my visit to Kauai.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p1kcAB-Y00]Alaska Glacier Calving - YouTube[/ame]

473_1kayaking_on_the_napali_coast__kauai__hi.jpg

I don't think I have seen it yet, I have saw many beautiful things...sunset beaches, Tennessee Mountains at sunrise, waterfalls . etc. etc.
And then I could say the most beautiful thing was my two children when they were born, or my wife's face when she first saw our daughter (firstborn)
But I know what the most beautiful thing will be...when my first grandchild is born, for I will be old enough to truly appreciate the moment.

I don't think I have seen it yet, I have saw many beautiful things...sunset beaches, Tennessee Mountains at sunrise, waterfalls . etc. etc.
And then I could say the most beautiful thing was my two children when they were born, or my wife's face when she first saw our daughter (firstborn)
But I know what the most beautiful thing will be...when my first grandchild is born, for I will be old enough to truly appreciate the moment.

I was there for the birth of the first two grandchildren. I remember when my grandson was born (one day shy of thirteen months before his sister) ... it seemed like he was delivered and was sort of 'spun off' to his mom. Almost like the instant he was born, he was in her arms. And I was SO happy because he had his dad's chin!! lol! I was like "YAY! He has Joel's chin!" Not that my daughter doesn't have a lovely chin, but I've always liked cleft chins (provided they weren't too deep.)

Grandbabies are just the best.

The first time I held my oldest granddaughter in my arms.

Never, ever have I seen anything so precious.

My wife irregardless of what she chooses to wear........

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

LOL

Forum List

Back