What was the meaning of the word infringed in the 2nd Amendment?

I never said it would.

I said it would help stem the violence caused by the war on drugs and save countless lives and billions of dollars

And you're all about saving lives aren't you? How do you feel about wasting billions of dollars every year on a program that doesn't work?

It isn't going to stop the violence in our streets or Mexico. Only getting rid of those plantations growing coca for the world market can do that. Koios and I both said don't jail users of drugs.

Think about it, no drugs, but they have plenty of cheap pot. The supply of guns gets cut off. They can't market drugs and fight over turf like they used to. They get high, just chill out and the homicide rates decline.

So now you want to magically end all the violence in Mexico too?

Portugal is a great example of what happens when all drugs are decriminalized.

Drug use actually declines, deaths from overdose decline, crime declines and the streets are safer. The money saved by not pursuing and incarcerating users more than funds drug treatment programs and actually helps people get a handle on their addictions.

Tell me what particular brand of hubris is it that makes you think it's possible to change human nature?

people have been using mood altering substances since the dawn of man and you think you can just make it stop or just allow people to use the drugs you approve of?

Let me explain again that decriminializing crack is not going to stop the violence on our streets or in Mexico. The same Drug Cartels will be controlling it. This isn't Portugal and you're living in a Ron Paul fantasy world. We already proposed the same thing Portugal has and why didn't you pick that up? We suggested treatment and not jail time.

Koios, maybe you should start listening to Uncensored. At least he knows his medications.

1. No, dipshit. The thing crackheads moving to meth will tell ya, the shit last for days. Way cheaper than crack to stay fucked up and awake for a week or more at a time.

2. My mistake, indeed. Sorry. Working from memory, and not googling as I go.

I'll admit that about 99% of my knowledge of meth comes from 5 seasons of "Breaking Bad," but the impression I have is that the illicit manufacture and distribution is big money.

It isn't going to stop the violence in our streets or Mexico. Only getting rid of those plantations growing coca for the world market can do that. Koios and I both said don't jail users of drugs.

Think about it, no drugs, but they have plenty of cheap pot. The supply of guns gets cut off. They can't market drugs and fight over turf like they used to. They get high, just chill out and the homicide rates decline.

So now you want to magically end all the violence in Mexico too?

Portugal is a great example of what happens when all drugs are decriminalized.

Drug use actually declines, deaths from overdose decline, crime declines and the streets are safer. The money saved by not pursuing and incarcerating users more than funds drug treatment programs and actually helps people get a handle on their addictions.

Tell me what particular brand of hubris is it that makes you think it's possible to change human nature?

people have been using mood altering substances since the dawn of man and you think you can just make it stop or just allow people to use the drugs you approve of?

Let me explain again that decriminializing crack is not going to stop the violence on our streets or in Mexico. The same Drug Cartels will be controlling it. This isn't Portugal and you're living in a Ron Paul fantasy world. We already proposed the same thing Portugal has and why didn't you pick that up? We suggested treatment and not jail time.

What is your fixation with Mexico?

And cocaine in any form is used by less than 3% of the US population so really I think you're turning a mole hill into a mountain here.

You have fallen for the "War on drugs" propaganda.

1. No, dipshit. The thing crackheads moving to meth will tell ya, the shit last for days. Way cheaper than crack to stay fucked up and awake for a week or more at a time.

I'll admit that about 99% of my knowledge of meth comes from 5 seasons of "Breaking Bad," but the impression I have is that the illicit manufacture and distribution is big money.

Comparitively small, in fact. Pot is the big money-maker.

My backgroud is chemistry and they use to make meth from ephedrine, before the over the counter market switched to pseudoephedrine.

Both are similar, one is synthetic, the other organic. Neither yield true methamphetamine. My understanding is that this is the root of the term "crank." Crank is low quality speed from ephedrine. The real methamphetamine has a street name of "Crystal."

Methylamine is the basis for actual methamphetamine, hence the name.

You people may not be old enough to remember it, but we have been through this meth thing before. It isn't the kind of drug you want on the streets and evenually people start injecting it. It's very addicting like heroin, because both mimic biochemical processes that everybody has. The chemicals are necessary for proper body function and the drug addicts are telling their bodies they are making too much of the chemical and to shut down the body's production. Meth in itself will turn people violent. It isn't going to follow your libertarian philosophy, even if it's free.

Meth was legal until 1970.

Even you Bolsheviks would be hard pressed to demonstrate that things have gotten better since the crack down. (pun intended.)

Once was a time I would have scolded you for watching any TV drama, they're all so fucking brain dead. But I've recently gotten hooked on a goddamn soap opera (Downton Abbey) and can stand in judgment of no man. :)

Perhaps a team of bill clintons lawyers can examine the definition of the word and get back to us in a year or two...

My backgroud is chemistry and they use to make meth from ephedrine, before the over the counter market switched to pseudoephedrine.

Both are similar, one is synthetic, the other organic. Neither yield true methamphetamine. My understanding is that this is the root of the term "crank." Crank is low quality speed from ephedrine. The real methamphetamine has a street name of "Crystal."

Methylamine is the basis for actual methamphetamine, hence the name.

You people may not be old enough to remember it, but we have been through this meth thing before. It isn't the kind of drug you want on the streets and evenually people start injecting it. It's very addicting like heroin, because both mimic biochemical processes that everybody has. The chemicals are necessary for proper body function and the drug addicts are telling their bodies they are making too much of the chemical and to shut down the body's production. Meth in itself will turn people violent. It isn't going to follow your libertarian philosophy, even if it's free.

Meth was legal until 1970.

Even you Bolsheviks would be hard pressed to demonstrate that things have gotten better since the crack down. (pun intended.)

You watch too much TV, U'08. They call it "meth," or when talking to their dealer who knows what they want. "A 40" ($40 worth)

Hollywood tries to seem like they're street smart, but they are not all that. They're better at finding folks who look good on camera and fit a character dynamic where there's the perfect balance of conflict, sexual tension, and folks we love, and others we hate.

Pretty formulaic. Check it out, doing a head count. Almost no difference which show you're watching, the stick to the formula.

Koios, maybe you should start listening to Uncensored. At least he knows his medications.

No, he doesn't. He was wrong about ephedrine.

He said pseudoephedrine.

Koios made a mistake and said epinephrine, instead of ephedrine. Epinephrine is commonly called adrenaline, but knucklehead had to open his big mouth and say you can't make meth from ephedrine, which is totally wrong. The only difference between ephedrine and methamphetamine is there is a hydroxyl group on the second carbon of the chain. All you have to do is change it to a hydrogen atom and it isn't that hard. Once pseudoephedrine took over the market, they started making meth out of it, instead of ephedrine.

When you take meth, it is telling your body that it's making too much epinephrine, so the body works to correct that and shut down production. Epinephrine is necessary for a functioning body, so the drug throws the body out of balance and that imbalance leads to addiction.

By the time someone is shooting meth, they stand a very good chance of dying soon, unless they get help. I can't think of any drug that makes a person more prone to violent behavior than methamphetamine.

But alas, I fucked up, Dubya. Brain fart or not. So Righties gotta have their little victories, kinda like that anti-government guy, Ron Paul, drinking from the teet for 25 years and doing absolutely nothing, until, right before his last run, he authored a feel-good bill everyone could like, which passed.

And the media goes wild: Ron Paul has his day in Congress!!! Hahahahahahahaha

Koios made a mistake and said epinephrine, instead of ephedrine. Epinephrine is commonly called adrenaline, but knucklehead had to open his big mouth and say you can't make meth from ephedrine, which is totally wrong.

Not what I said, stupidfuck.

I said that real meth is based on methylamine - which it is. Ephedrine, both organic and synthetic, are indeed used to make speed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methamphetamine

The only difference between ephedrine and methamphetamine is there is a hydroxyl group on the second carbon of the chain. All you have to do is change it to a hydrogen atom and it isn't that hard. Once pseudoephedrine took over the market, they started making meth out of it, instead of ephedrine.

When you take meth, it is telling your body that it's making too much epinephrine, so the body works to correct that and shut down production. Epinephrine is necessary for a functioning body, so the drug throws the body out of balance and that imbalance leads to addiction.

By the time someone is shooting meth, they stand a very good chance of dying soon, unless they get help. I can't think of any drug that makes a person more prone to violent behavior than methamphetamine.

If meth users die quickly, it sounds like a self-correcting problem.

Last edited:
You watch too much TV, U'08. They call it "meth," or when talking to their dealer who knows what they want. "A 40" ($40 worth)

This is one area where I have no doubt at all that you have far greater expertise than I.....

Indeed. But from volunteering at a homeless shelter and getting to know many with the addiction, whom I consider friends.

Koios made a mistake and said epinephrine, instead of ephedrine. Epinephrine is commonly called adrenaline, but knucklehead had to open his big mouth and say you can't make meth from ephedrine, which is totally wrong.

Not what I said, stupidfuck.

I said that real meth is based on methylamine - which it is. Ephedrine, both organic and synthetic, are indeed used to make speed.

Methamphetamine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The only difference between ephedrine and methamphetamine is there is a hydroxyl group on the second carbon of the chain. All you have to do is change it to a hydrogen atom and it isn't that hard. Once pseudoephedrine took over the market, they started making meth out of it, instead of ephedrine.

If meth users die quickly, it sounds like a self-correcting problem.

You are wrong there too, but I'm not going to get too involved in the details of making meth. It can be made from methylamine, but ephedrine is already pharmaceutical grade material. Methylamine is just two atoms on a side chain of three atoms connected to a benzene ring of 6 atoms. What you are saying is this two atom substance can be reacted to a 10 atom chemical and make meth. When I say atom, I mean they have hydrogen atoms to fill the rest of the bonds. A chemist would be looking at it from the large molecule perspective and would think you are just reacting it to methyamine.

BTW: If you have ever been around rotten fish, you have been exposed to methyamine.

Methamphetamine has left/right isomers, like your hands, and only the right isomer is recognized by the body as the drug. A real pharmaceutical grade would be made from ephedrine and have the isomers separated, which can be done. All those ampetamine bases absorb water (hygroscopic), so they are made into salts with Hydrochloric or Sulphuric acid. If they didn't do that, meth would just suck the water right out of the air.

As far as crank goes, I think the name originated as in cranked up, because of using amphetamines.

Why don't you just give it up? You were wrong, so what!

Last edited:
Second Amendment legal definition of Second Amendment. Second Amendment synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

Modern-Musket.jpeg

Dubya exposed to methyamine...:eek:

58186d1248272838-wtf-seat-dog-butt.jpg

...:eek:

Forum List

Back