What was Clint Eastwood's best film?

That's a tough one. So many good ones.

I'm partial to "A Perfect World."

317708_3.jpg

Last edited:
I was going to ask that same question, as an actor or director?

Acting: I'd really want to include the Dollars Trilogy as one or Dirty Harry.

Director: Million Dollar Baby or Play Misty For Me.

Hasn't he acted in everything he's directed?

No

There's Bird, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, Mystic River (which actually might be his best directed movie), Flags of Our Fathers, Letters from Iwo Jima, Changeling, and I believe Invictus coming out later this year.

That one stars Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon.

• Banned
Hasn't he acted in everything he's directed?

No

There's Bird, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, Mystic River (which actually might be his best directed movie), Flags of Our Fathers, Letters from Iwo Jima, Changeling, and I believe Invictus coming out later this year.

That one stars Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon.

forgot about flags and iwo. loved flags. hated iwo.

forgot about flags and iwo. loved flags. hated iwo.

Alot of people think that. :lol:

I thought Iwo was good but Flags was by far superior. I will always remember Clint for his Western roles though. Him and John Wayne were the ones who got me into watching Western films as a kid and even now. I usually pull an all-nighter on Fridays to watch AMC Fear Friday and then AMC Western Saturday as I like to call it as they show Western movies at least all morning.

Here's some more of my favorites:

High Plains Drifter

The Eiger Sanction

Every Which Way but Loose

Escape from Alcatraz

Bronco Billy

Honkytonk Man

Heartbreak Ridge

The Dead Pool

Unforgiven

Absolute Power (GREAT movie.... One of the best lines too: "You heartless whore.... I'm not about to run from you."

What a body of work he has!

God damnit! I had a whole dissertation typed out on this subject, then lost it. I assure you it was brilliant. I addressed the fact that he did not act in all the movies he has directed (thank you RS, but you forgot Breezy. He pulled a Hitchcock in that film). I talked about the classic Leone films, Kelly's Heros, Joe Kidd, Two Mules for Sister Sarah, the Dirty Harry series. I mentioned Pale Rider and how that film breathed new life into the western genre. I talked about his recent work and how good that stuff is, then I finally decided on which movie I think is his best...

For the story, the supporting cast, and complexity of the character, I like Unforgiven for his best film.

Forum List

Back