What was all that fuss about?

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Oh yeah, a whole lotta hollow posturing...

"As The Times' Michael Finnegan detailed today, initial signs indicate that many women voters who had supported Hillary Clinton's presidential quest are more quickly and willingly lining up behind Barack Obama than many analysts had anticipated. And one conversion is bound to get a lot of attention -- the Obama campaign has announced that additions to its staff include Patti Solis Doyle, who for more than a year managed Clinton's bid."

Patti Solis Doyle, longtime Hillary Clinton loyalist, joins Obama camp | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

• Banned
Women voters lining up behind Obama
McCain hopes to lure Clinton loyalists. But polls show they are staying Democratic.
By Michael Finnegan
Los Angeles Times Staff Writer

June 16, 2008

Marilyn Authenreith, a mother of two in North Carolina, felt strongly about supporting Hillary Rodham Clinton in the Democratic presidential primary.

But once the former first lady quit the race, Authenreith switched allegiance to Barack Obama, mainly because she thinks that he -- unlike Republican John McCain -- will push for universal healthcare.

"I can't understand the thinking of how someone would jump from Hillary to McCain," she said. "It doesn't make any sense."

Now that the Democratic marathon is over, Clinton supporters like Authenreith are siding heavily with Obama over McCain, polls show. And Obama has taken a wide lead among female voters, belying months of political chatter and polls of primary voters suggesting that disappointment over Clinton's defeat might block the Illinois senator from enjoying his party's historic edge among women.

Women voters lining up behind Obama - Los Angeles Times

Note to RGS: This one's for you buddy, references to polls and everything. :D

Women voters lining up behind Obama
McCain hopes to lure Clinton loyalists. But polls show they are staying Democratic.
By Michael Finnegan
Los Angeles Times Staff Writer

June 16, 2008

Marilyn Authenreith, a mother of two in North Carolina, felt strongly about supporting Hillary Rodham Clinton in the Democratic presidential primary.

But once the former first lady quit the race, Authenreith switched allegiance to Barack Obama, mainly because she thinks that he -- unlike Republican John McCain -- will push for universal healthcare.

"I can't understand the thinking of how someone would jump from Hillary to McCain," she said. "It doesn't make any sense."

Now that the Democratic marathon is over, Clinton supporters like Authenreith are siding heavily with Obama over McCain, polls show. And Obama has taken a wide lead among female voters, belying months of political chatter and polls of primary voters suggesting that disappointment over Clinton's defeat might block the Illinois senator from enjoying his party's historic edge among women.

Women voters lining up behind Obama - Los Angeles Times

Note to RGS: This one's for you buddy, references to polls and everything. :D

Is there a reason for this thread other than to display your sexism? Of course, Clinton's female supporters will now back Obama. That is the reasonable and logical thing to do. There was never a whole lot of difference between the two. Just that Hillary was the better qualified.

• Banned
Is there a reason for this thread other than to display your sexism? Of course, Clinton's female supporters will now back Obama. That is the reasonable and logical thing to do. There was never a whole lot of difference between the two. Just that Hillary was the better qualified.

Tell that to Ravi. Her and her "enemy of her enemy" friends here have been making claims to the contrary for quite some time now.

Last edited:
Tell that to Ravi. Her and the enemy of her enemy friends here have been making claims to the contrary for quite some time now.

Now you're just going to lie about what I've posted?

I might not vote for Obama. I don't recall saying that none of Hillary's supporters wouldn't. My main discussion about the topic was to point out that Florida could easily go for McCain since it is a swing state anyway.

I have posted several times here that in the end that most Dems will fall behind the nominee.

Tell that to Ravi. Her and the enemy of her enemy friends here have been making claims to the contrary for quite some time now.

I believe she said a long time ago that she would support Obama if he won the nomination.

Why are you being so divisive? Are you secretly for McCain? :lol:

I believe she said a long time ago that she would support Obama if he won the nomination.

I remember that too. But she's been slowly changing her tune as it became more apparent that Obama would be the nominee.

I've changed my mind. The fiasco with the DNC is a big part of it, especially since I found out that Obama actually broke the rules about not campaigning before the election. Since then I've come to notice that Hillary was portrayed by his side as a racist. This kind of shit really pisses me off. I honestly don't know if I'll vote for him or not as I now see him as a dishonest user and a phony.

He'd still be a better choice than McCain, but I certainly do not have to vote for him for that to happen.

I'm not crazy about him either but I'm still going to vote for him. Having been a voter registration volunteer I would feel too guilty not voting and I'm want to keep McCain out.

LOL! Your vote is more worthless than mine.

;)

I know. But I still can't not vote. I derive a small amount of pleasure knowing I've canceled some dillhole's vote. Besides, the numbers mean something in other ways.

I have posted several times here that in the end that most Dems will fall behind the nominee.

Now that you mention it, I do recall you saying as much at least once or twice. I apologize for any distress you may have suffered as a result of my slanderous implication.

Not distressed. Just saddened that all you have is lies.

If you have anything meaningful to contribute regarding the subject matter posted, it is greatly welcomed. If all you have is flames, could you perhaps take those to the flame zone?

I thank you in advance for your generous cooperation.

yeah, no kidding shogun.

here we have a thread title n start bout how clinton woman are going for obama...then you get someone saying how silly that is because of course democrat woman would in the end not be bitter enough to vote for mccain.

and then you get a poster showing that in fact she is bitter enough not to vote for obama.

and then for added richness you get some lament over votes not counting for anything :eusa_boohoo: overlooking the irony of choosing not to vote.

:eek:

yeah, no kidding shogun.

here we have a thread title n start bout how clinton woman are going for obama...then you get someone saying how silly that is because of course democrat woman would in the end not be bitter enough to vote for mccain.

and then you get a poster showing that in fact she is bitter enough not to vote for obama.

and then for added richness you get some lament over votes not counting for anything :eusa_boohoo: overlooking the irony of choosing not to vote.

:eek:

:clap2:

Pos rep.