What was achieved by the Judiciary Act of 1789?

Rocky

Rookie
Feb 20, 2010
What was achieved by the Judiciary Act of 1789?

1)The act gave the Supreme Court the right of "judicial review"
2)The act created a judicial structure that has remained essentially intact over the years
3)The act gave the president the right to veto major constitutional decisions made by the Supreme Court
4)The act gave the Supreme Court the power to override executive orders given by the president

The correct answer is that the Act gave the SC the opportunity to establish 'judicial review' as well as fleshed out the federal judiciary. The act also gave the SC the opportunity to turn the Constitution into an organic charter to be interpreted.

do you even know why you think that?

I like being provocative.

it isn't provocative, though. it's just silly.

so you don't think it should be repealed....

If it's not repealed, than a law can only be declared Unconstitutional upon both: ruling by SCOTUS and ratification by 2/3rd of the states to that effect.

My own belief is that we already have all the laws we ever need and Congress should be unpaid part time work, meeting only once a month unless there's an emergency. Likewise SCOTUS should also be able to cut back its busy schedule.

In a nutshell, SCOTUS and Congress should leave us all the fuck along for a real long while

I like being provocative.

If it's not repealed, than a law can only be declared Unconstitutional upon both: ruling by SCOTUS and ratification by 2/3rd of the states to that effect.

My own belief is that we already have all the laws we ever need and Congress should be unpaid part time work, meeting only once a month unless there's an emergency. Likewise SCOTUS should also be able to cut back its busy schedule.

In a nutshell, SCOTUS and Congress should leave us all the fuck along for a real long while

yeah, damn them enforcing the constitution. :cuckoo:

i think you need to go live in a dictatorship. it seems to suit you much better than our system of government.

but why do you hate this country so much?

i think you need to go live in a dictatorship. it seems to suit you much better than our system of government.

Interesting word choice there, Sweet Cheeks

That is a great question to Frank, which can be asked of several others on this board.

That is a great question to Frank, which can be asked of several others on this board.

Still trying to run your "I'm really, really, truly a real Republican" scam?

You do not believe in the Constitution. You have routinely made stupid statements about the Constitution.

New Topics

Forum List

Back