What was a reason to pay Judas?

Give me please an example for the oppression of the jewish sect what will overtook one day the expression "Christian".

Huh? I don't even know what that means

More simple: Jews separated themselve in two parts - the mainstream and the sect what later overtook the name "Christians". Christians gave not themselve the name "Christians" - they were first called from others "Christians". You said the mainstream of the Jews opressed this jewish sect ("Christians" in your eyes). I asked you now to give me an example. The reason: I don't know what you call "opression" in this context. All Jews were under the pressure of the Romans in those days. Saul=Paul for example had the legal status "Citizen of Rome" - his cultural background was "greek" and "jew". He brought this sect of the Jews under pressure - but without him no Christian would exist. You reduce this very copmlex process into a simole ¿antisemitic? "Jews opressed Christians" statement. So give me please an example what you are thinking about concrete in this context. What do you call "opression"?

I am not sure where you are getting your understanding of history. Judea was a Roman province

And Americans see in Germany an American province. So what?

but I would argue that in Judea, the Jews put far more pressure on the Romans than vice versa.

Just a moment ago in history Cesar murdered 50% of the inhabitants of Gallia and wrote a book about his massmurdering heroism - and you are thinking the Jews were able to make pressure on the Romans? Do you think it was a joke that Germans had to eliminate three roman legions?

The Romans had about 5,000 troops

I guess you are speaking about 5000 men, warriors or soldiers and not about 5000 armies.

to attempt to control over a million Jews. The Romans didn't keep massive amount of troops in the interior of the Empire. They were on the borders. Trust me...

Oh - you saw my little red riding hood. Grandma will not be amused. How to trust in NSA-mericans today?

Pontius Pilate had to bend his knee to Caiaphas and the Sanhedrin just as much as they had to bend to Pilate.

Please - Pontius Pilate was a Roman Governor. He bend his knees maybe in orgies because of athritis.

As far as Paul's Roman citizenship..it is referred to in Acts but Paul himself never claims it in his letters. It could be that he was a Roman citizen and it could be that he wasn't.

In Acts chapter 25 Paulus appealed to the imperator. Only Romans had this right.

Christianity would also have existed without Paul but it would have been a small sect of Judaism instead of a major world religion.

Maybe - maybe not. There are no experiments in history. Panta rei.

Paul spread Christianity to Gentiles where the apostles were concerned with the Jews. Without Paul it would not have spread to the extent it did but it would have probably still survived.

As far as "what is oppression?" Well I don't know...stoning people to death, jailing them, and running them out of town seems pretty oppressive to me.

Death penalty, prisons and deportation. ... Hmm. Sounds like the situation in the USA today. ... But where is your concrete example?

According to Acts, it was the Jewish Sanhedrin that did that and not the Romans. You really need to read your Bible more.

The Sanhedrin was a kind of government. They represented the mainstream. Sure they were not able to be happy about if the community spirit was in danger to go lost. That's maybe a reason why Saul=Paul first tried to stop this jewish sect what were our spiritual ancestors. Oh - but he was also our spiritual ancestor. :lol: Sometimes I'm thinking could be our god is really a wise guy.

Last edited:
Rome crucified around 250,000 jews. They put down an attempted revolt. They installed puppets on the throne and in the temple.
How much do you really think the Jews could have influenced the romans? Jews were a pain in the neck for the romans so they were on a very short leash and harshly punished on any pretext. That was in part the reason rome changed the name to palastia around 100 AD, in reference to the historical aegean enemy of jews before the greek and roman conquests. It was an insult and a reminder that jews were the subserviants to rome.

Rome crucified around 250,000 jews. They put down an attempted revolt. They installed puppets on the throne and in the temple.
How much do you really think the Jews could have influenced the romans? Jews were a pain in the neck for the romans so they were on a very short leash and harshly punished on any pretext. That was in part the reason rome changed the name to palastia around 100 AD, in reference to the historical aegean enemy of jews before the greek and roman conquests. It was an insult and a reminder that jews were the subserviants to rome.

Do you speak with me?

Forum List

Back