What war?

modman

Jan 26, 2004
Upstate, NY
Is it just me? Is this a war in the general sense of the term? I just think it's kinds of funny sounding when Bush says we're at war. If it was 1943 and he said we were at war I would beleive him. And did'nt it end on the flight deck of that aircraft carrier? When do they determine we're not at war any more? I'm sure to the soldiers in Iraq and Afganistan it feels like war but comparing this to the first world wars and of course vietnam it is no comparison. I really don't think we're at war. Do you?:confused:

He's referring to the global war against terrorism, no it is not a 'general war', it is unlike any war we have yet fought, and yes, it is still going on.

In comparison to other wars, this war is just as important to civilization as the Second World War was. With respect to a determination of it's ending, it's possible it will never end, and certainly not within the next 25 years.

I'm sure to the soldiers in Iraq and Afganistan it feels like war but comparing this to the first world wars and of course vietnam it is no comparison

There may be no comparison but our men and women are dying over there !

Forum List

Back