What "War on Terror?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gabriella84

I don't think there is really a "war on terror." I believe this to be a total fabrication. The alleged "war on terror" is really an excuse to deceive and frighten the American people into sacrificing their personal freedoms.

If anyone here has read much about the Islamic militants, they will find that they have one basic "demand." That is for Westerners not to occupy land that is deemed "sacred" by Islamic nations. Despite this, the various American governments and corporations continue to do so.

Also, the United States continues to take sides in internal conflicts. The conflict between the terrorist states of Israel and Palestinian nations has gone on since the late 1940s, yet we continue to back Israel due to their heavy financial lobbying.

If the United States completely withdraws from Iraq and other Middle Eastern nations, we would have little to fear from terrorists.

Gabriella84 said:
I don't think there is really a "war on terror." I believe this to be a total fabrication. The alleged "war on terror" is really an excuse to deceive and frighten the American people into sacrificing their personal freedoms.

what personal freedoms have you lost?

Gabriella84 said:
If anyone here has read much about the Islamic militants, they will find that they have one basic "demand." That is for Westerners not to occupy land that is deemed "sacred" by Islamic nations. Despite this, the various American governments and corporations continue to do so.

which sacred land owned and governed by the militants do "we" occupy?

Gabriella84 said:
Also, the United States continues to take sides in internal conflicts. The conflict between the terrorist states of Israel and Palestinian nations has gone on since the late 1940s, yet we continue to back Israel due to their heavy financial lobbying.

i agree, "we" should let israel wage war on the arab states with no interference.

Gabriella84 said:
If the United States completely withdraws from Iraq and other Middle Eastern nations, we would have little to fear from terrorists.

same logic was used during german's expansion through europe in the 30's.

Gabriella84 said:

Gabriella, welcome to the board. A couple of questions for you.

1. Was 9/11 not a part of the War on Terrorism?
2. If we pulled out of Saudi Arabia (the holy lands that Osama bin Laden referred to in his 1998 fatwa) do you really think that terrorists would stop targeting the US?
3. What personal freedoms have you lost since 9/11? I have lost none.

She has a point about personal freedoms.

I lost my freedom to wear shoes through the metal detector at the airport.

But I can live with that.

GotZoom said:
She has a point about personal freedoms.

I lost my freedom to wear shoes through the metal detector at the airport.

But I can live with that.

i rememver getting of a plane and once a train being faced with armed military guards with sub machine guns and walking the streets and seeing armed guards in front of the french embasy....

recently my 7 year olde thought it was cool that he had to take his shoes off, was patted down and wanded at the airport..... my 1 year olde cried

Gabriella84 said:

Oh goodie. Another half-assed, slogan chanting, granola crunching, Bush hating refugee from the Democratic Underground has stopped by to enlighten us with her wisdom. Somehow I suspect this is just another drive-by posting.

I wonder how many relatives of cops and firefighters killed in the WTC feel this way?

This person is seriously a headcase.

**9-11 was part of the response. Also, 9-11 was sanctioned by the U.S. Government. It remains Bush's finest hour.

2. If we pulled out of Saudi Arabia (the holy lands that Osama bin Laden referred to in his 1998 fatwa) do you really think that terrorists would stop targeting the US?

**Saudi Arabia is the world largest terrorist state. It houses and finances many terrorist groups. 15 of 19 Sept. 11 hijackers were Saudi citizens and were financed by the Saudi government.

**It's called the Patriot Act. You might want to read it sometime.

Gabriella84 said:

**9-11 was part of the response. Also, 9-11 was sanctioned by the U.S. Government. It remains Bush's finest hour.

**Saudi Arabia is the world largest terrorist state. It houses and finances many terrorist groups. 15 of 19 Sept. 11 hijackers were Saudi citizens and were financed by the Saudi government.

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Gabriella84 said:

You've lost all credibility now. In fact, after I'm done replying, I'm going to close this thread - you can post in one of the OTHER "GWB Allowed 11 September to Happen" threads.

You didn't answer.

Again - you didn't answer. Truth is, other than removing your shoes for airport security, your life has not been adversely affected by the patriot act. Stop being a whiney bitch, and enjoy the freedoms our laws protect.

:)

Welcome to the board.

Gabriella84 said:

Oh, my dear misled Gabriella. Are you really that naive?

I think we are in total agreement. I would love for the US to not pull out of Saudi Arabia, but instead get rid of the terror-supporting government there.

The Patriot Act hasn't affected me one iota. Has it affected you? Have you been stopped from doing something from the Patriot Act?

I realize you've been banned, but I certainly hope you read this response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back