What VA? Poor CO's, Bye to our Brave Men

Just making guesses again ? Let me make one ----you've been talking with TM ? :lol:

actually, was paying attention to what YOU were saying during the bailout debate....

i'll remember to 'pay no attention to you' in the future!!!! thanks for the reminder!!! lol :razz:

care

actually, was paying attention to what YOU were saying during the bailout debate....

i'll remember to 'pay no attention to you' in the future!!!! thanks for the reminder!!! lol :razz:

care

Excellent choice---TM doesn't pay any attention to me either.

I'm glad you're a pleased customer-this site should be a role model for the VA. I unfortunately am not a pleased customer. I'm glad you had a wonderful experience with them it makes my heart feel light and brings a smile to my face as I'm wondering through the fields of daisy's in slow motion. That's all BS the VA is horrible
Why is my personal experiance BS?

All I had ever heard about the VA was how bad and inept they were.

But when I went there. Everything was first rate and professional.

Maybe it was YOU that was the problem!?!?

Last edited:
I'm glad you're a pleased customer-this site should be a role model for the VA. I unfortunately am not a pleased customer. I'm glad you had a wonderful experience with them it makes my heart feel light and brings a smile to my face as I'm wondering through the fields of daisy's in slow motion. That's all BS the VA is horrible

But he used them once and it was OK.

That must mean the entire system is an example to the world of what a high tech ,fully funded ,well staffed medical system should be.

But wait wasnt it just a few months back we were hearing about peeling paint, bloody floors, ill equiped, partially staffed messes in the hospitals in the news?

Oh I must have been dreaming..... or I mean....... nightmaring.

No worries--the next pres will get right on it---just you watch.

That too brings a smile to my face and makes me feel secure and happy that our country will be in such goods hands-Once again, I see those daisy's as I frolic through them in slow motion, this time I can even hear the birds singing. Where's Reagan!!!!

That too brings a smile to my face and makes me feel secure and happy that our country will be in such goods hands-Once again, I see those daisy's as I frolic through them in slow motion, this time I can even hear the birds singing. Where's Reagan!!!!

Dead----snap out of that daisy dream. :lol:

But he used them once and it was OK.

That must mean the entire system is an example to the world of what a high tech ,fully funded ,well staffed medical system should be.

But wait wasnt it just a few months back we were hearing about peeling paint, bloody floors, ill equiped, partially staffed messes in the hospitals in the news?

Oh I must have been dreaming..... or I mean....... nightmaring.

Perhaps he is an employee-ya never know

Perhaps he is an employee-ya never know
Nope. I was a patient

You think because you were an officer and a LIFER in the military. You expect the people at the VA are to bow down to you.

Well get of your high horse. Everyone is equal to the VA reguardless of previous rank or service.

I was just a guy who got drafted during Vietnam and did my two year service.

But to the VA, I am just another patient. The same as You.

And we get equal service and equal treatment.

You should be proud of serving for two years in Nam. I on the other hand volunteered to fight for this country-I don't expect any different treatment then a no stripper. You seem to have this problem about officers, shame on you. Who else is going to call the shots out there, You?-with all your experience-I would follow you into combat in a heart beat. I

Last edited:
Gunny,

Very nice quotes, but they mean nothing unless they are your own thoughts.
You obviously never had paid for you're own surgery-I'm glad you're getting the royal treatment-I have no doubt you deserve it. No it's not their responsibility, so you're wrong and I am correcting you. All they get is your military medical records, which you have to furnish the copies. Perhaps you managed to get through the Corp without a scratch-I'm very happy for you.

Actually, it is you who is incorrect. The VA is responsible for getting your military medical records and you don't have to furnish them with anything but your DD214.

My question to you is this: did you have a statement of nonavailability from a military medical facility/doctor PRIOR TO acting on your own to have surgery?

How did you pass a retirement physical requiring surgery?

Something's not adding up right here.

When I was out flying for freedom what the hell were you doing? Another joker that speaks in riddles-say it in what's called "plan talk", you may of never heard of the term. It means say it so it makes sense, because if you F'ing around in riddles in combat-no one is going to know what you're talking about and you're going to get someone killed.

All you people do is run around looking for someones remarks, so you can quote them-what a joke, my guess is that 99% of the people on here never got their panties wet nor even been in the military

You need to pull in your horns a bit, "sir." While you were "flying for freedom" I was several thousand feet below humping a rifle and pack in the sand, and editec is a Vietnam vet corpsman. We didn't have the luxury of just pushing a button on a preselected target and making people just go away. We had to look in their eyes.

If you have an issue, no one here has a problem discussing it but before you start running your fucking suck under the assumption every hand is against you and no one knows what it's like but you, you need to figure out just who the fuck you're talking to.

You should be proud of serving for two years in Nam. I on the other hand volunteered to fight for this country-I don't expect any different treatment then a no stripper. You seem to have this problem about officers, shame on you. Who else is going to call the shots out there, You?-with all your experience-I would follow you into combat in a heart beat.
Most of the Officers we had were OCS shake & bakes and college boys.

They gave orders. We ignored them.

We listen to the experianced NCO's and survived.

And No I am NOT proud of being involved in something that achieved nothing and was a useless waste of lives.

Howso? When did we have more of it?

that's a good question gunny....

i think you are implying that we never really had it...and i believe we never did really have full control but we did have much more than we do now....

i believe the change came over the years...one, i think we don't have enough Reps in congress to represent us....as we've grown in population, our representation has not grown to the same effect....thus our single representative has thousands of more constituants and this has diluted the single voice....

in addition to this, i believe when our supreme court ruled that basically a corporation was a citizen, and also that lobbying or giving a bunch of cash to our representatives was a form of free speech....it took the voice of the every day citizen away even more.

and good morning to ya gunny!

care

that's a good question gunny....

i think you are implying that we never really had it...and i believe we never did really have full control but we did have much more than we do now....

i believe the change came over the years...one, i think we don't have enough Reps in congress to represent us....as we've grown in population, our representation has not grown to the same effect....thus our single representative has thousands of more constituants and this has diluted the single voice....

in addition to this, i believe when our supreme court ruled that basically a corporation was a citizen, and also that lobbying or giving a bunch of cash to our representatives was a form of free speech....it took the voice of the every day citizen away even more.

and good morning to ya gunny!

care

Good morning.

Our representation or lack thereof is directly affected by the fact that we are far more diverse than we used to be. We couldn't possibly all be represented.

However, I contend that our representatives have ALWAYS represented the people who shell out the $ to put them in office. Remember, this nation was founded by mostly a bunch of rich white men who didn't want to pay taxes and stirred up the poor to do their fighting for them.

Oh, sorry ... I forgot ... it was about democracy and freedom from tyranny and all that.:eusa_angel:

I think we never have been truly represented, and even if we were, the judiciary is standing by to usurp the will of the people.

Actually, it is you who is incorrect. The VA is responsible for getting your military medical records and you don't have to furnish them with anything but your DD214.

My question to you is this: did you have a statement of nonavailability from a military medical facility/doctor PRIOR TO acting on your own to have surgery?

How did you pass a retirement physical requiring surgery?

Something's not adding up right here.

Gunny,

The surgery took place after the Kosovo war. I started flying again while I was still limbing around. As long as you can climb your butt in that cockpit, you're good too go-Retirement physical give me a break, they check to see if you're breathing and that is about it. I was getting a flight physical every year-of course they are going to pass ya-they need us and have spent too much money on training. That's BS I talked with the VA and had to make copies of a 2 inch thick pile of medical records. "Working with the VA is like working with an insurance company" I'm quoted the VA Rep-Hey now I have a quote of my own.

Gunny,

The surgery took place after the Kosovo war. I started flying again while I was still limbing around. As long as you can climb your butt in that cockpit, you're good too go-Retirement physical give me a break, they check to see if you're breathing and that is about it. I was getting a flight physical every year-of course they are going to pass ya-they need us and have spent too much money on training. That's BS I talked with the VA and had to make copies of a 2 inch thick pile of medical records. "Working with the VA is like working with an insurance company" I'm quoted the VA Rep-Hey now I have a quote of my own.

Perhaps you should let your Congresscritter know? The other vets in this thread don't seem to have a problem and the service here is as good as active duty.

And yeah, retirement physical. The Corps won't let you out the door without one and they don't miss a trick. It's required by law.

Gunny,

Welcome Lt Col!

My Father served 22 years in the USAF...as a retired military man, he and my mother get their medical care outside of the VA system...thru tricare now, or Champus previously...

Why is it that you are using the VA as your medical of choice when you should be covered to go to any doctor at all or any hospital at all, off base/outside the VA, or rather, in the private sector? I believe you said you were in for 28 years and also retired....I am presuming it was honorable...so, maybe I am missing something on why you do not have Tri-Care?

If I were you, I would give up on the VA....my husband is a disabled vet and the service is shit poor around here...we are paying thru an employer for private insurance....the VA is overburdened and underfunded...I agree with ya!

Care

Most of the Officers we had were OCS shake & bakes and college boys.

They gave orders. We ignored them.

We listen to the experianced NCO's and survived.

And No I am NOT proud of being involved in something that achieved nothing and was a useless waste of lives.

Every war since WW11 has been a waste of lives. I never planned them, just went out and flew in the damn things. We soon learn that we are doing it for each other and no one else. I screwed up and stayed in 28 years. I was a dumb ass 2ndLt once, but guess what? After years of doing I even started figuring it out. When the smoke clears there isn't very many guys around that have the know how to get out there and cover you guys on the ground asses. So what happens, they put you in charge and it never ends-trust me I would of been a lot happier in life taking orders and not giving them. I screwed, I should of went in as a enlisted person. I'm just telling you my perspective-from my point of view, which is going to be a lot different than your perspective. It's suppose to be what is called a "TEAM EFFORT".

Forum List

Back