What USA city had the highest...

Okay no takers?

Here is a hint. Today this city is considered a terrible failure.

I would guess Detroit. Auto workers made very good salaries when they were still making cars there.

I don't think we can blame the demise of the US Auto Industry on any one party, or party politics in general.

The fact is, American car makers didn't respond to market forces. Auto unions didn't respond to market forces.

The market will not be denied.

I don't think we can blame the demise of the US Auto Industry on any one party, or party politics in general.

The fact is, American car makers didn't respond to market forces. Auto unions didn't respond to market forces.

The market will not be denied.
The fall of Detroit is not because of the failing auto industry, though it played a part. Detroit was failing long before the 1970s.

Detroit, I reckon.
You got it congrats.

Why is it that this once great prolific city has been reduced to rubble, but few dare to discuss or expose the reasons?

Because the workers were making too much.
What?

You want capital flowing through the system. More disposable income means more opportunities for small business.

That’s what we call Capitalism
I assumed he was trying to be funny. Because that makes no sense at all.

Detroit was the 6th largest economy in the World and thee most polluted city in the World.

Pollution played a big part. I know, I lived there, I remember the protesting of building new Auto Plants.

Then of course was the extreme tax rate.

Crime was also out of control, riots, with 100's dead not reported.

Forum List

Back