What upsets progressives most about Trump?

What upsets progressives most about Trump? Select up to two.

• He's POTUS.

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • The economy is the strongest it's ever been. They were hoping for a crash.

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • He hasn't started any wars, he only finishes them. They were hoping for WWIII.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In two years he accomplished more than the last three POTUS combined

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • He's bluntly honest with them.

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • He's not a woman, a "person of color" or LGBT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Their narratives & deceptions don't stick and Trump always comes out on top.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • He's got 10 pound balls.

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • He's USA first.

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • He's not a member of the establishment.

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Other

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
What puzzles me more than anything is evangelicals thinking this atheistic amoral piece of shit is something akin to a holy prophet sent by God.
Occupied, your being puzzled would end if you knew what evangelicals have in common with mainstream believers in Christ--and it's printed in the third chapter of the book of John. Belief in Christ's salvation is what defines a Christian, and nothing else does. If you believe in Christ, you are a Christian. If you do not believe in Christ, you are not one. Belief is a bond. Our believers show up just about everywhere, including the Senate and House. And those Christians got together with Trump and witnessed his faith grow when he took office. It took us some time to realize this man puts his money where his mouth is when he takes on a task in life. He tells the truth, and he does not hold back from anyone his well-thought plans.

On the other side of the field, we have a once-prominent party that has fallen into the rut of disbelief. They have quit praying any semblance of thanks to God in public, and they have cancelled prayers in Congress. They think breaking a commandment is nothing due to their disbelief, and they teach every voting Democrat the same behaviors through their own example of open harassment of a sitting President, the Republican Party including all Republican leaders past and present, and indulge in hatespeech to every conservative online who has this bond with the renewed spirit of Christ in this great guy, President Trump. Yes, he made errors of judgment in his past just like everyone else, but there is an honesty about him that has truly felled his opponents who are also the enemies of God, considering they celebrate breaking the Commandments of God, great and small, ad nauseum.

I just have one thing to say to you. You're wrong.
Lol this was just too much to read.
Sorry, doll. I know how you feel. I got through 1/3 of the bible from January to June of this year, and I was fatigued with it all. From time to time, I pick up where I left off but can't get much more than half a book at a sitting. I'm stuck in the chronicles. hahahaha! I really should be in the den reading the bible instead of hear giving others the cause to sleep! lol
Be Christian all you want - just don’t try to delude us all with this crap the GOP and especially Trump are even remotely Christian.
Your main problem is that you can't handle the truth. President Trump is a Christian, and he is letting God use him to make this nation right again and remove it from the hands of Democrat Party, who is so high and mighty, they removed prayers to God from their meetings.

They're sinking their own ship. And we're trying to prevent them from taking us with them, and we will win that battle with God on our side. I hope you get offa that boat that's sinking and see the light.
The book of revelation tells of a man who will lead the faithful into a false faith and eventual damnation. Trump is probably not the Beast but the "faithful" totally missed the point of an Antichrist.

What puzzles me more than anything is evangelicals thinking this atheistic amoral piece of shit is something akin to a holy prophet sent by God.
Occupied, your being puzzled would end if you knew what evangelicals have in common with mainstream believers in Christ--and it's printed in the third chapter of the book of John. Belief in Christ's salvation is what defines a Christian, and nothing else does. If you believe in Christ, you are a Christian. If you do not believe in Christ, you are not one. Belief is a bond. Our believers show up just about everywhere, including the Senate and House. And those Christians got together with Trump and witnessed his faith grow when he took office. It took us some time to realize this man puts his money where his mouth is when he takes on a task in life. He tells the truth, and he does not hold back from anyone his well-thought plans.

On the other side of the field, we have a once-prominent party that has fallen into the rut of disbelief. They have quit praying any semblance of thanks to God in public, and they have cancelled prayers in Congress. They think breaking a commandment is nothing due to their disbelief, and they teach every voting Democrat the same behaviors through their own example of open harassment of a sitting President, the Republican Party including all Republican leaders past and present, and indulge in hatespeech to every conservative online who has this bond with the renewed spirit of Christ in this great guy, President Trump. Yes, he made errors of judgment in his past just like everyone else, but there is an honesty about him that has truly felled his opponents who are also the enemies of God, considering they celebrate breaking the Commandments of God, great and small, ad nauseum.

The moral majority really knew what they were doing when they linked republicanism to evangelical Christianity. Fertile soil for the unscrupulous political opportunist. They knew they had the most credulous people in America hooked into a new political faith where the leaders were incapable of losing support no matter their sins.

Turns out this was a terrible thing for American Christianity. The example that these new Christians set was nothing like Christ. Their hateful politics turned off the people who might have liked to be Christian had it been a faith of humility, charity, honesty and grace. America is becoming increasingly irreligious mostly because Christianity has become cultish, angry and obsessed with worldly pissing contests against rationalism.
Was Christ hateful when he brought a cat o' nine tails into the temples and drove out the people misusing God's House?

The powers that were may have crucified our Lord and Savior and thought he was gone, but Jesus is here today, alive in the hearts and minds of his followers. And in his honor, our nation's founders put freedom to worship God as one pleases is built into the first Amendment along with the freedom of speech to say how Good the Lord God is. And Christians of all walks are happy and saying stuff like: Yay! and :yes_text12: For he searched for a leader for us and gave us our blessed and renewed in strength brother affectionately known as the Donald! You know, President Trump! :woohoo:

Blunt. That's what ticks them off. Left-wingers have been brutal for decades, and the right-wing would always put up people like McCain, and Romney, people who were polite decent people.

Every single election since I was in high school, they would call every Republican stupid. That guy is dumb! That guy is stupid! That guy is an idiot. And you never saw the right-wing hit back.

Now Trump is here, and he's just blunt. Honest or not, he's blunt. He throws it back in their face.

I laughed HYSTERICALLY... when Trump did this.

Screen Shot 2019-09-14 at 10.42.27 PM.png

Just smacked her right across the face..... That was worth the entire Trump presidency.

And the close runner up, was his Nickle Back "Look at this photograph!" tweet.

This is why they hate Trump. This is it. AND I LOVE IT! :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit: Total coincidence here, I didn't notice the nimrod above, where his list of Trumps flaws, includes about 5 entries of just "he's stupid!". Case and point.... Thank you. You are dismissed sir. Your job is done.

Last edited:

Sorry, doll. I know how you feel. I got through 1/3 of the bible from January to June of this year, and I was fatigued with it all. From time to time, I pick up where I left off but can't get much more than half a book at a sitting. I'm stuck in the chronicles. hahahaha! I really should be in the den reading the bible instead of hear giving others the cause to sleep! lol
Be Christian all you want - just don’t try to delude us all with this crap the GOP and especially Trump are even remotely Christian.
Your main problem is that you can't handle the truth. President Trump is a Christian, and he is letting God use him to make this nation right again and remove it from the hands of Democrat Party, who is so high and mighty, they removed prayers to God from their meetings.

They're sinking their own ship. And we're trying to prevent them from taking us with them, and we will win that battle with God on our side. I hope you get offa that boat that's sinking and see the light.
The book of revelation tells of a man who will lead the faithful into a false faith and eventual damnation. Trump is probably not the Beast but the "faithful" totally missed the point of an Antichrist.
Nope! Trump does not lie. The person you're referring to is a liar. I got a hunch his name is Schiff or Nadler or Obama.--or if there is equal opportunity for the post, her name could be Pelosi or Clinton. Not a single one of the above five tells the truth when covering their collective sham impeachment of President Trump. And they've taken it upon themselves to completely silence Republicans and conservatives in their fraudulent and shameful effort to impeach our President who is innocent of the kind of wrongdoing they're accusing him of.

The moral majority really knew what they were doing when they linked republicanism to evangelical Christianity. Fertile soil for the unscrupulous political opportunist. They knew they had the most credulous people in America hooked into a new political faith where the leaders were incapable of losing support no matter their sins.

Turns out this was a terrible thing for American Christianity. The example that these new Christians set was nothing like Christ. Their hateful politics turned off the people who might have liked to be Christian had it been a faith of humility, charity, honesty and grace. America is becoming increasingly irreligious mostly because Christianity has become cultish, angry and obsessed with worldly pissing contests against rationalism.
Was Christ hateful when he brought a cat o' nine tails into the temples and drove out the people misusing God's House?

The powers that were may have crucified our Lord and Savior and thought he was gone, but Jesus is here today, alive in the hearts and minds of his followers. And in his honor, our nation's founders put freedom to worship God as one pleases is built into the first Amendment along with the freedom of speech to say how Good the Lord God is. And Christians of all walks are happy and saying stuff like: Yay! and :yes_text12: For he searched for a leader for us and gave us our blessed and renewed in strength brother affectionately known as the Donald! You know, President Trump! :woohoo:

I know there are crazy Christians, just like there are crazy sub-groups of any ideology.

What specifically are you talking about? Specifically what?

I don't see the "hateful" side that you are talking about. I just don't see that. I do see some bonkers people going on about the evils of Vaccines, and not using formula. Both of which I fight against in the Christian community, and I can know of at least a half dozen widely known pastors (in our circles) who have spoken out against it.

Ted Cunningham, Mark Gungor, James McDonald, Chip Ingram, and so on.

But none that I know of preach hate. The only widely known church that clearly preaches hate, would be those crazies in Florida. I can't remember the name, but I'm sure most here know it.

That tiny ant leg of a sick church, doesn't represent the whole of Christianity. And if you are honest, you'll admit that.

Nope! Trump does not lie. The person you're referring to is a liar. I got a hunch his name is Schiff or Nadler or Obama.--or if there is equal opportunity for the post, her name could be Pelosi or Clinton. Not a single one of the above five tells the truth when covering their collective sham impeachment of President Trump. And they've taken it upon themselves to completely silence Republicans and conservatives in their fraudulent and shameful effort to impeach our President who is innocent of the kind of wrongdoing they're accusing him of.
If the impeachment is a sham, then call witnesses who can counter the testimony already given.
Republicans have only made bullshit witness requests of people who arent witnesses to ukraine call.

Everything this administration does pisses off the filth among us as this administration is committed to working tirelessly for america’s best.
They’re sick of watching America’s best benefit and kick ass.
They hate that America’s Best has become so unified under this admin
They hate that blacks may have crawled off the Democratic Plantation
They hate that illegal wetbacks are running scared like the filthy cockroaches they are.
They hate that law and order is being restored.
They hate the stock market exploding.
They hate real estate values blowing off the charts.
They hate Trump leveraging the world to benefit Americans.
They hate him using the phrase “Americans First”.
Thry hate him not supporting deranged men shitting next to little girls.
They hate him injecting God into government.
They hate that he banged dirty Liberal whores.
They hate that he won’t write a blank check to the FSA. (Free Shit Army)
They hate that he hasn’t upgraded Hussein’s 1980’s flip phones to iPhone X’s for ghetto peeps.
They hate that he “talks mean” about America’s filth.

"filth" is what the german nazis called the jews and liberals of their day.

Neat

Quit worshiping men, it is a form of idolatry. Trump is not a prophet, he is certainly no saint, he is a politician. That is all he is. Another all too human bag of hot air that will end up letting you down.

If the impeachment is a sham, then call witnesses who can counter the testimony already given.
Republicans have only made bullshit witness requests of people who arent witnesses to ukraine call.
Schiff has already said only the Democrats would be allowed to make questions. If the Republican Congressmen wish to ask a questions, they have to hand them to Chairman Schiff first, and he can at that point accept or decline their witness(es.) At least that's what I read at a news website yesterday, not sure whose.

Quit worshiping men, it is a form of idolatry. Trump is not a prophet, he is certainly no saint, he is a politician. That is all he is. Another all too human bag of hot air that will end up letting you down.
I worship God only. Like other Christians, I celebrate God's choices when a Christian nation needs him to. But you would know that if you bothered to read the Bible.

I know there are crazy Christians, just like there are crazy sub-groups of any ideology.

I don't see the "hateful" side that you are talking about. I just don't see that. I do see some bonkers people going on about the evils of Vaccines, and not using formula. Both of which I fight against in the Christian community, and I can know of at least a half dozen widely known pastors (in our circles) who have spoken out against it.

But none that I know of preach hate. The only widely known church that clearly preaches hate, would be those crazies in Florida. I can't remember the name, but I'm sure most here know it.

That tiny ant leg of a sick church, doesn't represent the whole of Christianity. And if you are honest, you'll admit that.
By joining your faith to republicanism you have made the republican platform into a part of your religious dogma. War, capital punishment, crass capitalism and racism are often blessed by your political leaders as entirely good things and the faithful just accept their rationalizations as if they were sent down from heaven.

I worship God only. Like other Christians, I celebrate God's choices when a Christian nation needs him to. But you would know that if you bothered to read the Bible.
I know claiming to know the mind of God is frowned upon. Did God personally tell you he chose Trump to be the instrument of his will? No he didn't. Some man told you that and you bought it.

Occupied sez: "Quit worshiping men, it is a form of idolatry. Trump is not a prophet, he is certainly no saint, he is a politician. That is all he is. Another all too human bag of hot air that will end up letting you down.
I did not worship President Trump. I celebrate him as God's choice of leaders who will free us from the communism being pushed by the dervish left in this nation. Apparently you did not know that or you would have realized it right away. The first leader of the Christians following Christ's resurrection was St. Peter. If you recall, he is the very same Peter who denied Christ 3 times to save himself from the hyper cabal who insisted that the Romans had better crucify Jesus Christ or else.

God doesn't always pick leadership for important tasks that need doing as we expect. I mean, who brought us the 10 commandments? Moses, who killed a man before he decided that was a really bad thing for anyone to do, ergo, "Thou shalt not kill." Also, King David started out as the youngest son of Jesse, who was not even an elder or wise man in the Synagogue, just a guy whose family produced sheep.

Our biggest problem in this nation is the founders' children are destroying the future of the nation through abortion. Half our expectant mothers last year did away with their pregnancies in abortion clinics. The founders are crying out from the heaven above. I can't hear them, but I feel their weight upon my heart. The Democrats have created a false narrative that women no longer have to be responsible for their own children, and they're pushing for women to be able to extinguish their child's life at birth. It's endless what's going down. And our gutless wonder politicians don't want to stop it because it means they won't get elected next time.

What upsets people most about Trump is that he is not a nice person. He knows how to divide people but doesn't know to bring them together. Trump means more division, more hate, and less progress.

Yeah, because Joe Biden telling black people that Mitt Romney was going to "put ya'll back in chains".... that's because he's a nice person who knows how to bring people together.

That's why when a kid attacks a law abiding citizen, and ends up shot, Obama said "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon".... because he's a nice person who knows how to bring people together. Yeah, don't defend law abiding citizens... defend the guy with a criminal record, who was beating the crap out of a law abiding citizen.

That's why Hillary called supporters of her opponent a "basket of deplorables” then clarified as.... “racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic – you name it.”.... that's because she's a nice person that knows how to bring people together.

When Obama never called out the BLM people when they marched through New York, openly chanting "we want dead cops".... that's because he's a nice person who knows how to bring people together.

I could go on, but the point is yeah.... you preach a lot about being nice, and bringing people together.... never seen your side ever do either.

Lady, you are completely out of your mind lol

By joining your faith to republicanism you have made the republican platform into a part of your religious dogma. War, capital punishment, crass capitalism and racism are often blessed by your political leaders as entirely good things and the faithful just accept their rationalizations as if they were sent down from heaven.
My dogma is the Bible, thankyaverramuch.

I know claiming to know the mind of God is frowned upon. Did God personally tell you he chose Trump to be the instrument of his will? No he didn't. Some man told you that and you bought it.
Well, kiss my grits. The Lord I take vespers to every night sold me somethin'. And I am despised for it. :lmao:

Lady, you are completely out of your mind lol
Thank you. Now if you will put me on ignore, you won't have to listen to me and we'll both be better off.

Joining my faith to Republicanism? I am not even sure what you are talking about. I have yet to see any GOP platform that says "institutionalizing Christianity" as part of their goals.

SO.... what are you talking about?

This isn't like the Nordic countries that Bernie is so fond of talking about, where Christianity is part of their state sponsored system. It always cracks me up to hear Bernie talk about multiculturalism and democratic socialism of Denmark, where they have a state sponsored Christian church, and even a Church Tax to support the Christian church.

I haven't seen anyone propose adopting a state tax to fund Christian church in the Republican party. Have you? If you have, I'll be glad to consider your evidence.

Otherwise..... what are you talking about?

Forum List

Back