What unemployment? I've received 840 job offers since 1/1/2010

It's true that there are jobs out there to be had but people don't want to take them, because they're crappy jobs. My cousin worked as a recruiter and some places could only offer (for example) $12 per hour. The people qualified to fill the jobs were on unemployment, basically getting paid $15 per hour. Why take a job when you can get money for nothing? I'm not even trying to blame those people either cause i'd do the same thing. Making it sound like there's an abundance of great jobs out there isn't true either.

A friend of mine works on a tree farm in Iowa. Works half the year in the spring and summer, collects unemployment during the fall and winter. Why work if there's no incentive to?

Then maybe the assholes who head these companies, rig the boards of directors, take out employees collective bargaining rights, kill pensions, health care etc. make of with a couple of hundred million a year should give their employees a raise. Don't hold your breath.

It's true that there are jobs out there to be had but people don't want to take them, because they're crappy jobs. My cousin worked as a recruiter and some places could only offer (for example) $12 per hour. The people qualified to fill the jobs were on unemployment, basically getting paid $15 per hour. Why take a job when you can get money for nothing? I'm not even trying to blame those people either cause i'd do the same thing. Making it sound like there's an abundance of great jobs out there isn't true either.

A friend of mine works on a tree farm in Iowa. Works half the year in the spring and summer, collects unemployment during the fall and winter. Why work if there's no incentive to?

Then maybe the assholes who head these companies, rig the boards of directors, take out employees collective bargaining rights, kill pensions, health care etc. make of with a couple of hundred million a year should give their employees a raise. Don't hold your breath.

Why work if there's no incentive to?

Then you .. class warfare at it's finest! assholes who head these companies,

This mentality will keep you at the bottom!
Instead of emulating success you are like an animal.. you think the ONLY way is to grab and tear like a jackal!
Darwin identified you as one prime for extinction!

You see things half empty. You don't have any optimism and you wallow in self pity.. VICTIM that's how you see yourself right?
Poor you.. so taken advantage of ...boo hoo....wimp!

Why work if there's no incentive to?

Then you .. class warfare at it's finest! assholes who head these companies,

This mentality will keep you at the bottom!
Instead of emulating success you are like an animal.. you think the ONLY way is to grab and tear like a jackal!
Darwin identified you as one prime for extinction!

You see things half empty. You don't have any optimism and you wallow in self pity.. VICTIM that's how you see yourself right?
Poor you.. so taken advantage of ...boo hoo....wimp!

LOL!!

Maybe ONE would have been a better choice of words than YOU

I'm 77 years old. I worked 41 years in a nuclear facility which separated uranium 235 from uranium 238. I retired 18 years ago. I live in a 4br brick rancher with 220ft. lake frontage. I have three children, two with masters degrees, eight grandchildren and one great grandchild. My house is paid for, my wife drives a 2009 Lincoln Towncar(paid for) and I bought a new F-150 truck in June...it's paid for too.

I started working in a full service garage/service station when I was barely 16 years old. I never went to college. I drew checks from three places when my children were young. Listen Pero...don't you try your goddam condescending bullshit on me. A whole lot of good men have tried that and it never worked.

When I was in my early 20's I lived in a military barracks with forty men and drew $73 a month. Thats one of the main things wrong with this country now...the upper 1%-5% of the country hire other people to do their fighting for them.

Question...what the hell are you and a few million others going to do if 90% of the population of this country decides to start shooting the upper eschelon assholes? The goal wouldn't have to be complicated...everybody shoot just one. It would probably be just my luck for somebody else to get mine.

Last edited:

15/hr. unemployment. HOLY SHIT! When I was on unemployment, I netted about $180/wk. $15/hr. That's about $30,000/year? That was AWESOME income for an unskilled worker, 16 years ago....in Tennessee. Damn, it would still be painful, in a place like California.

How is it we measure poverty in the country?

http://http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/poverty/about/overview/measure.html

(US Census Bureau) YUCK!

15/hr. unemployment. HOLY SHIT! When I was on unemployment, I netted about $180/wk. $15/hr. That's about $30,000/year? That was AWESOME income for an unskilled worker, 16 years ago....in Tennessee. Damn, it would still be painful, in a place like California.

(US Census Bureau) YUCK!

LMAO!!

$180 a week is $15 an hour? No goddam wonder you were unemployed. You're lucky to be living.

(US Census Bureau) YUCK!

LMAO!!

$180 a week is $15 an hour? No goddam wonder you were unemployed. You're lucky to be living.

You gotta love that TN education system :)

Those nails with the head on the wrong end go on the other side of the wall.

No doubt some people who have brothers-in-law whyo can help them GAME the system.

SAdly there appears to be a darth of brothers-in-law who can help everybody game the system.

In the meanwhile there are about 5 unemplyed workers for every job that's created.

And that, is the problem that no anecdotal story about fraud is going to overwhelm.

As far as that Willy Mays story that started this thread?

I mean is this guy an idiot or does he imagine that we are?

Lying asshole.

Last edited:

(US Census Bureau) YUCK!

LMAO!!

You gotta love that TN education system :)

Those nails with the head on the wrong end go on the other side of the wall.

Take a look at how well the super rich have done since Reagan:

It's the Inequality, Stupid | Mother Jones

(US Census Bureau) YUCK!

LMAO!!

Hey, inbreed. Read the whole fucking post. The only thing I fucked up on, was not placing a fucking question mark behind the $15. I never said that $180 a week was 30k a year. But your walleyed, dental caried bucktoothed self read what you wanted to out of it, took another sip of Pabst, and started with the cornholed bullshit of thinking that you're the smartest man in the world.

Your grammar and sentence structure have been found wanting, and I would LOVE to know where people make $15/hr. in unemployment. Not that this is a grand wage (it's close to 30k a year, goober) but it's a hell of a lot better than what most people gross on unemployment.

So close the trailer windows and bundle up.

Last edited:

(US Census Bureau) YUCK!

LMAO!!

Hey, inbreed. Read the whole fucking post. The only thing I fucked up on, was not placing a fucking question mark behind the $15. I never said that $180 a week was 15k a year. But your walleyed, dental caried bucktoothed self read what you wanted to out of it, took another sip of Pabst, and started with the cornholed bullshit of thinking that you're the smartest man in the world.

Your grammar and sentence structure have been found wanting, and I would LOVE to know where people make $15/hr. in unemployment. Not that this is a grand wage (it's close to 30k a year, goober) but it's a hell of a lot better than what most people gross on unemployment.

Funny thing is I read your post and the firsdt thing I noticed was that you left out the question mark after the 15 an hour. Anyone who truly wanted to debate you honestly would have read your post properly.

In other words, you are dealing with someone who wants to be right...not someone who wants to debate the issue. You are wasting your time with him/her.

I don't understand how ANYONE can be unemployed in America.
I am not interested in any of these as I own my own business but if I wanted a job every day since 1/1/2010 I received email notifications about jobs in my area of Florida. Hertz, Crab Shack, Manorcare, Dunkin Donuts, Kohl's,Outback, AMC theatres,Enterprise, Dollar, CarMaxTruBlue, Aerotek...
Just to name a few of the 840 distinct emails with job offers!

840 jobs all for one person!

In addition in Washington State apple pickers are desperately needed and they pay $150/day almost $50,000 a year.. and these jobs are available right now!

The problem is NOT available JOBS..
It's people that want to work!

It also depends on your skill set to. Some jobs are getting hit worse then others. I know lots of construction guys who have moved on yo home improvement to stay busy here. the company I worked for went out of business, but due to the extremely high turn over rate in my area of the job market I was only out for a month. It also comes down to what you will do. To OWS types, or the entitled crowed, picking apples if for the illegals.

LMAO!!

Hey, inbreed. Read the whole fucking post. The only thing I fucked up on, was not placing a fucking question mark behind the $15. I never said that $180 a week was 15k a year. But your walleyed, dental caried bucktoothed self read what you wanted to out of it, took another sip of Pabst, and started with the cornholed bullshit of thinking that you're the smartest man in the world.

Funny thing is I read your post and the firsdt thing I noticed was that you left out the question mark after the 15 an hour. Anyone who truly wanted to debate you honestly would have read your post properly.

In other words, you are dealing with someone who wants to be right...not someone who wants to debate the issue. You are wasting your time with him/her.

Thank you, Jarhead! I had to go back and read it to make sure that I hadn't posted in a way that would have led others to believe that I meant what granny beads cammmmpbell thought I meant.

You know, another major failing the OP committed, and I didn't see mentioned elsewhere, is that he's offered nothing but menial jobs. Yet much of the unemployed population would be considered "over qualified" by these employers and would be unwilling to hire such people.

Forum List

Back