What unemployment? I've received 840 job offers since 1/1/2010

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
I don't understand how ANYONE can be unemployed in America.
I am not interested in any of these as I own my own business but if I wanted a job every day since 1/1/2010 I received email notifications about jobs in my area of Florida. Hertz, Crab Shack, Manorcare, Dunkin Donuts, Kohl's,Outback, AMC theatres,Enterprise, Dollar, CarMaxTruBlue, Aerotek...
Just to name a few of the 840 distinct emails with job offers!

840 jobs all for one person!

In addition in Washington State apple pickers are desperately needed and they pay $150/day almost $50,000 a year.. and these jobs are available right now!

The problem is NOT available JOBS..
It's people that want to work!

Last edited:
I am not interested in any of these as I own my own business but if I wanted a job every day since 1/1/2010 I received email notifications about jobs in my area of Florida. Hertz, Crab Shack, Manorcare, Dunkin Donuts, Kohl's,Outback, AMC theatres,Enterprise, Dollar, CarMaxTruBlue, Aerotek...

In addition in Washington State apple pickers are desperately needed and they pay $150/day almost $50,000 a year.. and these jobs are available right now!

if i had an opening for a moron, i'd hire you in a heartbeat.

true story

This is hilarious.

You think my father would actively chose to give up a 110k job for just around 20k a year in unemployment benefits?

No, you're a liar.

if i had an opening for a moron, i'd hire you in a heartbeat.

true story

Naaaaaaaaaaaaahh...I think he would be good at pumping a septic tank...that is if somebody else drove the truck

I know he believes the 45,000,000 who are on food stamps are really enjoying life. Most of the people who eat the food purchased with food stamps are children.The 50,000,000 with no health insurance are having a ball too...at least the ones who aren't sick yet.

Last edited:

For someone who owns his/her own business, you are incredibly stupid. First of all, just because you receive notifications about jobs doesn't mean they actually exist. Some of it is most likely lead in advertising just looking for a response from desperate job seekers. As for any legitimate positions, I'm willing to bet they receive hundreds of applications for each position, so just because you see a job is available doesn't mean that everyone unemployed is going to get it.

But what I really want to address is your statement that apple pickers in Washington are paid close to $50,000 per year. Actually, they only make around $8000 per year.

http://depts.washington.edu/ufw/images/1995r/se20000000ufw1a_bw.pdf

Farm Jobs

These people are lucky to make minimum wage, housing is not always provided, and the work is seasonal.

You should fit in well here with your tales from fantasy land. It seems to be an ongoing theme in these parts.

Last edited:
yeah that is the way to win converts to the republican party.

tell the Americans voters who cant find jobs that they are lazy POS who should be ashamed.

Jesus the right has no idea just how callous they are.

For someone who owns his/her own business, you are incredibly stupid. First of all, just because you receive notifications about jobs doesn't mean they actually exist. Some of it is most likely lead in advertising just looking for a response from desperate job seekers. As for any legitimate positions, I'm willing to bet they receive hundreds of applications for each position, so just because you see a job is available doesn't mean that everyone unemployed is going to get it.

But what I really want to address is your statement that apple pickers in Washington are paid close to $50,000 per year. Actually, they only make around $8000 per year.

http://depts.washington.edu/ufw/images/1995r/se20000000ufw1a_bw.pdf

Farm Jobs

These people are lucky to make minimum wage, housing is not always provided, and the work is seasonal.

You should fit in well here with your tales from fantasy land. It seems to be an ongoing theme in these parts.

What about the hundreds of jobs I see advertised daily in our local paper?

We are small to medium county so I have to assume across the whole state of Florida there are thousands upon thousands of jobs advertised every day.

If people were so desperate for work I would think these employers woudn't have to spend the money to advertise.

yeah that is the way to win converts to the republican party.

tell the Americans voters who cant find jobs that they are lazy POS who should be ashamed.

Jesus the right has no idea just how callous they are.

You nailed it! They take everything for granted and in their own mind they deserve everything that was given to them.

The total number of job openings in August was 3.2 million. From the August Current Population Survey, we know that the total number of unemployed workers was 14.9 million. This means that the ratio of unemployed workers to job openings was 4.6-to-1 in August, unchanged from the revised July ratio. It is important to note that this ratio does not measure the number of applicants for each job. There may be throngs of applicants for every job posting, since job seekers apply for multiple jobs. The 4.6-to-1 ratio means that for every 46 unemployed workers, there are only 10 available job openings.

Far more unemployed workers than job openings | Economic Policy Institute

It does appear that the data suggests otherwise, however I suppose there is always exceptions to the rule. The general consensus is though that there are many many more applicants.

The amount of time the unemployed spent hunting for jobs rose sharply last year. Those out of work tended to search for about 20 weeks before quitting in 2010, compared to 8.5 weeks in 2007, according to a recent Labor Department report. The report studied how long unemployed workers took to either find a new job or quit looking.
Average Job Seeker Gives Up After 5 Months - Real Time Economics - WSJ

The total number of job openings in August was 3.2 million. From the August Current Population Survey, we know that the total number of unemployed workers was 14.9 million. This means that the ratio of unemployed workers to job openings was 4.6-to-1 in August, unchanged from the revised July ratio. It is important to note that this ratio does not measure the number of applicants for each job. There may be throngs of applicants for every job posting, since job seekers apply for multiple jobs. The 4.6-to-1 ratio means that for every 46 unemployed workers, there are only 10 available job openings.

It does appear that the data suggests otherwise, however I suppose there is always exceptions to the rule. The general consensus is though that there are many many more applicants.

The amount of time the unemployed spent hunting for jobs rose sharply last year. Those out of work tended to search for about 20 weeks before quitting in 2010, compared to 8.5 weeks in 2007, according to a recent Labor Department report. The report studied how long unemployed workers took to either find a new job or quit looking.

Wall St. and the Republicans wrecked the economy and it was bleeding off 750,000 jobs a month in January 2009. The whole thing was in the worst condition since the depression in the 1930's. Now all they are doing is saying NO to everything the president tries and criticizing him as if he caused the mess.

Wall St. and the Republicans wrecked the economy and it was bleeding off 750,000 jobs a month in January 2009. The whole thing was in the worst condition since the depression in the 1930's. Now all they are doing is saying NO to everything the president tries and criticizing him as if he caused the mess.

Good Lord.....

:cuckoo:

they saisd NO to their own bills because Obama joined them.

They held up the debt ceiling until we got downgraded.

They are doing everything they can to keep America down so they can win a fucking election

I don't see any shovel ready jobs on there.

You might be surprised at my take on this whole mess, first I believe that our current situation is a combination of both parties lawmakers more interested in their own agenda's than the good health of this nation. A good example would be the 2 major wars we have fought in the last 10 years, in the past the American people had an interest in the conclusion of wars this nation was engaged in , in terms of blood ( i.e. the draft), and taxed for it. These two however, were not only fought off the books, they were fought when taxes were cut, so they were not paid for, leaving only one group to sacrifice for these wars and that is the Military and its families. This model of tax cutting while spening, on programs like Medicare Part D, the Bailouts( insert your favorite here), as well as unchecked and often times unregulated gambling in the finanacial sector has led us to where we are. In my humble opinion, this is because all of the individuals involved Democrat and Republican alike forget one thing, they were Americans first, then everything else the represented came after that. Today we find ourselves with pretty much the same people, except this time each wishes to blame the other and none wishes to concentrate on whats most important. Until such time as we the people who actually are the real bosses owners of this nation, stand up and demand these things from those who represent us, through our vote, and stop this "my team comes first attitude" it will continue sadly much to the shame of a great nation.

Last edited:
They just love to blame other people for their own messes.

They refuse any responsibility and blame those who point out they fucked up for anything and everything they fuck up.

Comepletely failed party.

They just love to blame other people for their own messes.

They refuse any responsibility and blame those who point out they fucked up for anything and everything they fuck up.

Comepletely failed party.

Yep, you just aptly described the Democrat party to a tee...

:clap2:

Forum List

Back