What type of evolution

Wolfmann

Aug 30, 2012
East Waboo
Hello

If this post sounds "preachy" I apologize in advance.

The big argument against evolution is that most people who don't believe it can't conceive of human beings as "apes" and therefore animals. This is an ancient version which is no longer held by most zoologist (I am one). We tend to look at the modern big picture.

The Scientific definition of Natural evolution is "The ability of an organism to successfully adapt to it environment" However this only refers to Natural evolution and not physical evolution.

Before I go to far. An organism whether it is a mold or an elephant has "evolved" when it has successfully adapted to its environment. This may or may not require physical change but it does require some kind of adaptation to the place where it lives over time.

Physical evolution is defined as I understand it as "An objects ability to reach equilibrium (or steady state?) with its "environment"." I am not sure of the criteria to determine when this has occurred but this type of thing generally refers to astronomical bodies and not objects such as rocks and the like.

Natural evolution can occur over a long time or a short time. Example In my home state of Wisconsin before the 1930's there was no official record of cardinals in the state. By 1960 they were all over the place. They entered a new habitat and successfully adapted. This is also true of Fox squirrels, black squirrels, alewives, crackles, urban foxes and many many others. In the case of fox squirrels the adaptation was violent. They literally chased greys out of their habitat and took over. For Humans the changed occurred over a very long period of time and was primarily the result of migration and climate/habitat changes.

The idea that humans are not animals is unjustified from a scientific view when the information gathered is put through the scientific method. Our genes are more than 90% similar to higher apes and others. Our physiology and anatomy is either identical or similar to high apes and other mammals (why do you think freshman biology students use the fetal pig? Because its internal physiology is almost identical to ours), our development in utero shows aspects of almost every vertebrate group except birds and we have all the same characteristics found in other mammals.

Speaking strictly from a taxonomic perspective we did not "evolve from apes" as described by Darwin. We are a separate family from all other primates HOMINIDAE and it was from these earlier creatures that we as Homo sapiens came to be. But we are primates and part of a larger group known as modern apes.

Creationists are found of citing Darwin as the only source of evolutionary knowledge or truth. The forget about Leaky, Watson and Crick and others. Darwin did his work in the 1830's and 40's. He published his works in the 1860's.. When this Anglican Deacon did so the information was actually acknowledged by the Anglican Church.

One last item to think about. If you were trying to explain to ignorant nomadic people how the world came about, how would you do it? According to some Theologians you would do it in the manner described in the first chapters of Genesis. If Genesis is read as a historical document taking into account the times and people that existed then, Genesis is a very good description of the big bang both types of evolution.

Sorry for the length of this

The only thing constant about nature is that it is constantly changing.

Thanks

Wolfman 24

Wolfman, I have a couple of questions. People go to the electric chair on the basis of DNA testing. It is suppose to be extremely precise. Given that, why does the % number of our relationship to primates keep changing?

And if we are that closely related, why can't we use chimp organs or tissue to replace our own? We use pig, or even cow. We reject monkey parts like heart valves etc.

The DNA of a child will only have 94% of it's parents DNA. That is a 6% difference. Yet an organ transplant can be done between them. But not with the monkey, that supposedly, is a closer match to humans than even the human offspring. Why is that?

Republicans deny that people could be related to apes. Yet, at the Republican Convention, delegates threw peanuts at a black CNN camerawoman. Very similar to apes throwing around shit at the zoo.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st4UBJOecXc]Little rock zoo monkey threw poop at us[/ame]

One only has to read the Dover case against the school board up in Pa. to see the valid evidence supporting evolution.
In that case a conservative Republican Bush appointed Federal Judge ruled that the creation/ID crowd that advised the school board up there were frauds, liars and made up the evidence as they went.
Their entire case was pitiful and not one ounce of evidence.
Read that ruling and know how valid the theory of evolution is.

Wolfman, I have a couple of questions. People go to the electric chair on the basis of DNA testing. It is suppose to be extremely precise. Given that, why does the % number of our relationship to primates keep changing?

And if we are that closely related, why can't we use chimp organs or tissue to replace our own? We use pig, or even cow. We reject monkey parts like heart valves etc.

The DNA of a child will only have 94% of it's parents DNA. That is a 6% difference. Yet an organ transplant can be done between them. But not with the monkey, that supposedly, is a closer match to humans than even the human offspring. Why is that?

In terms of what science has determined to be the percentage I don't believe that the numbers have changed that much in the last 15 to 20 years. What I have heard since the early 90's from reputable objective sources is in the high 90"s. As for your question about substitutions this is not really my field but as I was aware there are parts that can be used from Primates just as there are parts that can't in pigs and cows.

As for the 6% you speak of I don't think that is accurate but again this is not my field. I am a wildlife biologist not a molecular genetist.

When I talk about Natural evolution I use the modern scientific definition "The ability of an organism to successfully adapt to its environment." this involves many different processes some short some not. I do not get hung up on apes v man. I follow the yellow brick road of scientific research. Darwin was then this is now. Science has "evolved" beyond anything Darwin in his Anglican deacon mind could have imagined. Yes Darwin was an Anglican deacon who had a strong believe in God as do I.

FYI to use Darwin to explain modern concepts of evolution is like using the idea of using leeches to explain the modern concepts of healing the sick. that was then this is now.

NO offense but here is a question for you. If we are suppose to be separate in God's creation how is it that we can use these organs? Common sense tells us that there must be a reason other than the obvious comeback of many conservatives. It is God's will. I believe in God but that is a cop out. That phrase is too overused to support something that a person cannot think of a good answer for.

I appreciated your post it was well constructed and thought out which is better than alot of the ones I get. Thank you

Wolfman 24

Wolfmann I know I shoulda' asked you in yer intro thread but, do you wear those cool Wolf Shirts?

Manly Fashion Explosion!!! The Wolf Shirt!!! | Bronan the Barbarian!

Yep And this may sound gross but most wildlifers do this for research purposes. I also collect wolf bones (postmortem of course)

However my prize possession is a picture of me in the cage with one of my subject animals. I am only wearing my clothes and a jacket. The alpha is about 5 feet away and did not harm me because he had no reason to. I had spent months aclamating myself to the pack and took the position as the Omega just to avoid trouble. i did this repeatedly and NEVER was threatened or touched. NOTE: In the USA since records have been kept 130 years there has NEVER been an authentic recorded case of a healthy wolf attacking or injuring a human without provocation (near den, inside wolf home range, threatening pack, etc)

NEVER

it is not for man to decide what is normal in animals it is their decision.

Wolfman 24

Forum List

Back