CDZ What traits must one display to be "temperamentally" or generally "fit" to be President?

Lately it looks like you just need to be a deviant in all ways, protect and defend people who want to cut off your head, drugs are okay, theft no biggy, lie good and you have it cinched according to a lot of the posters on here.

would this be an opinionated question/answer or a factual question/answer?

Each Country wants different kinds of traits in their leader.

would this be an opinionated question/answer or a factual question/answer?

Each Country wants different kinds of traits in their leader.

Red:
It can be either as follows:
  • If factual --> state the facts and provide credible references showing the facts to be so.
  • If opinion --> present a well developed dialectical argument with supporting references for the facts one uses to support the credibility of one's opinion.
Blue:
I'm sure that different countries and voters want differing sets of traits. I seriously doubt that any country or voter wants temperamental or general unfitness to be among them. But, hey, I may be mistaken in thinking that, and if you or someone else has very strong or incontrovertible evidence showing I am, I'd love to see it.

Calm under pressure. Willingness and ability to learn fast and accept information from experts in their field. Good table manners. Ability to behave respectfully toward others, even if they are REALLY ticking you off. Ability to accept continual criticism with grace (a built in mental 'ignore' button).
Optional but helpful: Ability to admit mistakes and make apologies when indicated.
I'm sure there are more.

Calm under pressure. Willingness and ability to learn fast and accept information from experts in their field. Good table manners. Ability to behave respectfully toward others, even if they are REALLY ticking you off. Ability to accept continual criticism with grace (a built in mental 'ignore' button).
Optional but helpful: Ability to admit mistakes and make apologies when indicated.
I'm sure there are more.

And that's a simply stated point that cannot be overstated in importance. It's all that and more.

"What traits must one display"

Those words in your Title might be an indicator of what to look for. A person whose traits, both in and out of the public eye, remains constant would be good. And so the traits may not be traits, per se, but more character of the person. And if a character of the person is 'good' by the general opinion, then I guess he/she would be acceptable by the general masses as desirable. To have 'traits' of one thing while in the public but not being the same 'person' while in private would make that person a hypocrite.

Those words in your Title might be an indicator of what to look for. A person whose traits, both in and out of the public eye, remains constant would be good. And so the traits may not be traits, per se, but more character of the person. And if a character of the person is 'good' by the general opinion, then I guess he/she would be acceptable by the general masses as desirable. To have 'traits' of one thing while in the public but not being the same 'person' while in private would make that person a hypocrite.

Look, if you don't care to directly answer the question asked, fine. But please refrain from dancing around doing so by offering ambiguous and oblique remarks that don't directly answer the question.

I just think we need to be careful how we judge a president as a private person. I could say some pretty un-CDZ-like things about Hillary Clinton, but they don't rule her out of consideration to steer the country, in my mind. Richard Nixon did not do a bad job as president, and the fact that he was coarse in his opinions and talked like a trucker in private didn't really interfere with his public persona or his ability to lead the nation. The fact that he had a moment of human weakness and gave in to the power of the office and decided to take just a little peak at what was going on in Democratic National Headquarters.....not so unforgivable, but the inability to apologize, take his lumps and move on--that's what killed him.
I guess I'm saying, ain't none of us Glinda the Good Witch of the North, so let's be careful judging others.
Am I making my point clear at all?

yes. you are in how no one should 'judge' a person especially while they are on their own time. And just like any other business leaders, their work and home life and ways do not necessarily reflect any 'dangers' or shortcomings they might face. While they are in their private time, they are given absolute freedoms to be who they are and express themselves how they want. And when they are at work, it is work and not about Character. Getting the job done would be the only thing necessary in the job front. And even Presidents are workers, and if they do their job right, who cares what they do for their own personal fun. The job front is in the job front, and the recreation is at home. I agree.

But nonetheless, people have all the right's to criticize other people's work habits. Unless the Public sector is also going through a no-judging zone.

so, if people who want to be able to express themselves in a 'righteous manner' in character while working, they would have to find a Work place which accommodates for that kind of behavior. But since we are discussing leaders of nations, most definitely the leader's personal life should have no reflection on political agendas pertaining to other international Countries.

And one good way to implement this is to directly tell the American Citizens that this is how it is. Without any beating around the bush while playing musical instruments of any sort would be the quickest and most efficient way to share the knowledge that Presidents have a double life, just like any other worker in the U.S. job force.

And one good way to implement this is to directly tell the American Citizens that this is how it is. Without any beating around the bush while playing musical instruments of any sort would be the quickest and most efficient way to share the knowledge that Presidents have a double life, just like any other worker in the U.S. job force.

One life as a worker, the second as a family person. They can not go hand in hand.

One life as a worker, the second as a family person. They can not go hand in hand.

And it's pretty simple why it isn't. Business people do not want to hear your personal home life's story... So they'll tell you to leave it at home...

So to even think that the work environment is as a family environment is ridiculous and dangerous.

otherwise, it wouldn't be LAW in any sense, but only hierarchal 'rights' and freedoms.

if law is being passed on how much 'water' and 'energy' is allowed in a home, the leaders also live by the regulations. I have an HE washer because of the water/energy conservation rules. And so, I would have to expect that even the President would have one also.

Forum List

Back