What, to you, has been Obama's biggest failure as president?

What, to you, has been Obama's biggest failure as president?

• The economy

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Foreign policy

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • His hyper-diplomatic approach with Repubs

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Energy Policy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The deficit

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Taxation

• National security

• Other

Votes: 6 15.4%

• Total voters
You calling it useless without giving good reason why or coming up with an alternate source of analysis on his promises, makes you biased. The raw data speaks for itself. Obama has succeeded on most of his campaign promises .

I don't need an alternative to show you methodology to be flawed. And for someone who has critical thinker in his/her avatar, it is obvious you don't know what that means. And attempting to use it to prove bias is almost laughable. Well, actually it is laughable. :lol::lol::lol:

There may not be a way to actually meaningfully measure his promises kept.

Raw data, espcially in this case, would need to be processed. Just looking at the numbers is meaningless.

I never said it was perfect. I just challenged you to come up with something better. For now, it is best source we have.

There is no better if you start with meaningless.

You really don't get this.

1. You dodged all but the first sentence of my post.

2. Your link does not substantiate your claim.

Claims. Yes, THAT'S convincing verbiage.

225K is nowhere near a million. Even more so because it is essentially a guess. We also need to include the fact that the goal posts were moved from creating those jobs to now created OR saved. Heap that on top of the fact that the numbers of created or saved jobs has essentially been a farce through the economic downturn and you have nothing on that claim whatsoever.

True, I was quoting Obama. However, I bet his estimate will come close. We will have to wait and see.

We are running out of the fuels we have. We need to invest in alternate forms of energy. Is gov involvement the best way to go? No, but it's a start. Energy companies arent going to do it.

We are running out of fuel ? Where did that come from ?

Energy companies are not going to do it ? Why not ? From what I can tell, they already are investing in alternative fuels.

In the 90's if you looked at the ethanol plants that all went up in Nebraska. They all had silent minority owners that were oil companies like Chevron & Texaco.

lol, no shit, "running out of fuel", see the propaganda our youth are up against?

obama hasn't failed at all. He just hasn't succeeded as much as he wanted. He has crashed the economy, destroyed our standing in the world, ended our alliances and divided the country into warring camps. So he's pretty much had a string of successes in what he set out to do.

1. You dodged all but the first sentence of my post.

2. Your link does not substantiate your claim.

Claims. Yes, THAT'S convincing verbiage.
As of yet, there is simply not enough data to accurately gauge the progress in green job growth. Because of this, we continue to rate this promise as In the Works.
225K is nowhere near a million. Even more so because it is essentially a guess. We also need to include the fact that the goal posts were moved from creating those jobs to now created OR saved. Heap that on top of the fact that the numbers of created or saved jobs has essentially been a farce through the economic downturn and you have nothing on that claim whatsoever.

True, I was quoting Obama. However, I bet his estimate will come close. We will have to wait and see.

We are running out of the fuels we have. We need to invest in alternate forms of energy. Is gov involvement the best way to go? No, but it's a start. Energy companies arent going to do it.
I bet? Your numbers were WAY off, by a factor of FOUR. Your bets are no help either. I already said the government was the best way to invest in these technologies. I also told you that they have not invested one red cent in them yet. Did you miss the entire point of my previous post. I guess you did when you ignored it to post a link that did not back your claims up.

obama hasn't failed at all. He just hasn't succeeded as much as he wanted. He has crashed the economy, destroyed our standing in the world, ended our alliances and divided the country into warring camps. So he's pretty much had a string of successes in what he set out to do.

But what about spreading the wealth ?

But what about spreading the wealth ?

He hasn't succeeded as much as he wanted.

He continues to encourage MORAL HAZARDS in the finance community.

How?

By not putting those BANSTER CEOs responsible for this economic disaster in prison.

By NOT putting the CEO of Moody's and Standard and Poor in prison for LYING.

Of course I wouldn't expect him to do that, really.

He'd be killed if he tried and those selfish bastards would still rule the roost.

I think his biggest failure has been the economy.

His polices haven't worked and he doesnt' seem to have a clue on what to do.

He gives pretty speechs and talks a good story but thats about it.

His over-reliance on diplomacy with Republicans has been costly for critical progress. That being said, I do think he is a good president Let me explain why I didn't choose the other options:

1) I think Obama shares the blame a little on the slow recovery of the economy, but I think there are many factors to be considered (i.e., congress)

2) I think his foreign policy has been great

3) Despite Solyndra, his energy policy has been quite successful

4) It was Bush that supercharged the defict (although some of the blame does go to Obama, too)

5) His taxation policy would have been great had it not been for what I chose out of this poll

6) National Security has undoubtedly been his best work (even Fox News can admit that).

Please explain your choice.

Obama's biggest failure as President has been the way he chose to ignore any input from Republicans while he initially had his super majorities...in essence telling them I won the election, now go sit in the hall. The level of emnity that was built up during his first year in office has caused total gridlock on even performing something as simple as passing a budget. I know that I will hear HOWLS of protest from progressives here that the Republicans never wanted to work with Obama from the start but that's hard to determine that since Obama hit them with the old "my way or the highway, I've got the votes" routine right from the start. An intelligent executive would have realized how actions like that can come back to haunt you...say if you get your ass handed to you in the mid-term elections and LOSE your majorities? Obama didnt'. He has the most adversarial relation with the party across the aisle that I've ever seen and a great deal of the blame for that situation lies squarely on his own shoulders.

It's the equivilant of kicking someone when they are down and then finding out you need their help the next day...never a good position to find yourself in.

Last edited:
His over-reliance on diplomacy with Republicans has been costly for critical progress. That being said, I do think he is a good president Let me explain why I didn't choose the other options:

1) I think Obama shares the blame a little on the slow recovery of the economy, but I think there are many factors to be considered (i.e., congress)

4) It was Bush that supercharged the defict (although some of the blame does go to Obama, too)

5) His taxation policy would have been great had it not been for what I chose out of this poll

6) National Security has undoubtedly been his best work (even Fox News can admit that).

Obama's biggest failure as President has been the way he chose to ignore any input from Republicans while he initially had his super majorities...in essence telling them I won the election, now go sit in the hall. The level of emnity that was built up during his first year in office has caused total gridlock on even performing something as simple as passing a budget. I know that I will hear HOWLS of protest from progressives here that the Republicans never wanted to work with Obama from the start but that's hard to determine that since Obama hit them with the old "my way or the highway, I've got the votes" routine right from the start. An intelligent executive would have realized how actions like that can come back to haunt you...say if you get your ass handed to you in the mid-term elections and LOSE your majorities? Obama didnt'. He has the most adversarial relation with the party across the aisle that I've ever seen and a great deal of the blame for that situation lies squarely on his own shoulders.

It's the equivilant of kicking someone when they are down and then finding out you need their help the next day...never a good position to find yourself in.

You got that right OS. He wasn't interested in anything the GOP had to say on any subject. It was "We won" get in the back of the bus and STFU. He did everything in his power to alienate them from the get go. He had a majority and felt he didn't need them for anything.

He still doesn't take responsibility for anything, Its all Bush and the GOP's fault.

I think he came into office thinking it was going to be easy. Everything was just going to fall his way. His charm would win the day. He's found out differently. Charm will only get you so far.

He's found out running for POTUS is way easier than being POTUS.

Reality will kick you in the chops every time.

Last edited:
Obama's main problem is that "he" never had a plan to fix things going forward. He got himself elected because he was a clean slate that promised some sort of vague "Change" and voters projected their own hopes for what change would be onto him. Once he got in office he had no more idea what to do as far as running the country went than you or I would have if we were plopped down in an operating theatre and told to do brain surgery. So he let Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid call the shots with legislation because he's terrible with that. He let Larry Summers and Christina Romer call the shots with the economy because he's got no idea about that either. He kept a Republican on from the Bush White House to handle defense because he REALLY didn't have a clue about that. He did nominate a bunch of progressive ideologues as Czars and Secretaries to run various parts of the government and to fill slots in the Supreme Court, something that thrilled his liberal friends and the main stream media to no end.

So what happened? Well, predictably...the country reacted with a giant "WHOA" to what Nancy and Harry gave us. Like those two and the usual back room politics were what "Change" was supposed to mean? Nobody voted for Harry and Nancy when they voted for "Change". Come the mid-term elections the voters said "enough of this foolishness!" and voted in a huge block of Republicans.

Meanwhile Summers and Romer had a go at Keynsian economics spending a trillion dollars on a stimulus plan. As soon as the writing was on the wall that the whole Keynsian thing worked better in the classroom than in the real world, Summers and Romer both beat feet back to their Ivy League towers of higher learning, leaving Barack to clean up the mess.

As for the Czars and Secretaries he nominated? Well, suffice it to say that Obama's skill at judging talent and competence is about as good as his skill at writing legislation...nonexistant. We were subjected to a level of incompetence like we've never seen before. Our Secretary of the Treasury couldn't figure out "Turbo Tax". Our Attorney General was the guy who orchestrated the Marc Rich pardon in the waning hours of the Clinton Administration and was clueless about Fast & Furious as he chased Gibson Guitars for allegedly using the wrong wood. Our Secretary of Energy signed off on Solyndra.

And what has Barack Obama done this whole time? Not much really. He logs a lot of miles on Air Force One. Gives a lot of speeches from one end of the country to the other in front of hand picked crowds that cheer and clap. He does all of the Presidential stuff EXCEPT the running of the country part. That's always something that he expects someone else to do.

It's not a failure so much as a deception. Obama campaigned in 2008 as a progressive, and the people who voted him into office believed that's what he was. I remember being thrilled at how many small donations he was receiving, and thinking naively that maybe this was a way around corporate dominance of the government. Boy, was I wrong. Down the list, almost every "failure" of the Obama administration can be seen instead to be deliberate policy.

For example, Obama is believed by some to have shown weak leadership on health-care reform, letting Congress craft the bill for him. But when it looked like no reform was going to pass, he demonstrated that he had the ability to twist arms and guide the process to what he wanted. So what does that mean? It means that he let it go as long as it was going the way he wanted, and took an active role when it looked like it wasn't. He wasn't "weak" on this: he was corrupt. He got a health-care reform bill that his campaign contributors, who included health-insurance companies in large amounts, could be happy with. Obama is the reason we don't have a public option. If he'd intended there to be one, we would have one.

Look at who he appointed to key economic positions in his Cabinet: Wall Street cronies and tools, architects of center-right corporate-friendly economic policy, Clinton-era DLC retreads. The Republicans did not pressure him into appointing Geithner as Treasury Secretary, nor did he need their approval to do so. He did that on his own initiative.

Barack Obama is simply not the progressive friend of the people that he claimed to be in 2008. And THAT is his biggest failing.

The obvious 'other' for me was the health care reform debacle.

I was actually hopeful that the Democrats would do something to improve the situation. I figured that things were so fucked up that pretty much anything they did would make it better. I figured they couldn't possibly make it worse. They proved me wrong.

Obama lost me when he signed that bill.

He's been a weak leader who has divided this country.

He is like a liberal Bush.

This. The country needed a uniter and we got a divider.

I put the deficit, I said that because if Obama balanced it he would have not done the stimulus, he would have ended the wars and would have had to cut programs where waste is rampant. Instead Obama grew the deficit and the pay off was unnoticeable at best.

Obama blames Republicans as reason as to why he has failed to do his job and uphold the constitution. Obama did not need congress on his side to do his job, that of course if you forget Obama had a super majority for his first 2 years.

It's not a failure so much as a deception. Obama campaigned in 2008 as a progressive, and the people who voted him into office believed that's what he was. I remember being thrilled at how many small donations he was receiving, and thinking naively that maybe this was a way around corporate dominance of the government. Boy, was I wrong. Down the list, almost every "failure" of the Obama administration can be seen instead to be deliberate policy.

For example, Obama is believed by some to have shown weak leadership on health-care reform, letting Congress craft the bill for him. But when it looked like no reform was going to pass, he demonstrated that he had the ability to twist arms and guide the process to what he wanted. So what does that mean? It means that he let it go as long as it was going the way he wanted, and took an active role when it looked like it wasn't. He wasn't "weak" on this: he was corrupt. He got a health-care reform bill that his campaign contributors, who included health-insurance companies in large amounts, could be happy with. Obama is the reason we don't have a public option. If he'd intended there to be one, we would have one.

Look at who he appointed to key economic positions in his Cabinet: Wall Street cronies and tools, architects of center-right corporate-friendly economic policy, Clinton-era DLC retreads. The Republicans did not pressure him into appointing Geithner as Treasury Secretary, nor did he need their approval to do so. He did that on his own initiative.

Barack Obama is simply not the progressive friend of the people that he claimed to be in 2008. And THAT is his biggest failing.

Great post, I hope that if Ron Paul or someone I truly support ends up President that I have your ability to hold them accountable and assess the situation honestly rather than with partisanship as you seem to have done here.

If Obama had been even more antipathetic to Republicans than he already was, the backlash from the people would have been even stronger than the profound levels it reached in 2010.

Obama's version of bipartisanship is like an abusive parent offering their child candy while slapping them in the face.

It was a recipe for schizophrenic government, which is what we have now.

Obama is a failed leader.

The bias of your poll, Billy, was obvious. When I saw your longest entry, I guessed what your choice was without you explaining it.

I picked the economy.

I picked it because instead of using his political capital at the beginning of his presidency to adress jobs, unemployment, the budget defecit, and the national debt he used up all that capital getting Obamacare passed.

The double whammy is Obamacare has actually, unlike it was intended to according to those who supported it, hurt the economy and the national debt along with cutting medicare.

Last edited:
If Obama had been even more antipathetic to Republicans than he already was, the backlash from the people would have been even stronger than the profound levels it reached in 2010.

Obama's version of bipartisanship is like an abusive parent offering their child candy while slapping them in the face.

It was a recipe for schizophrenic government, which is what we have now.

Obama is a failed leader.

The bias of your poll, Billy, was obvious. When I saw your longest entry, I guessed what your choice was without you explaining it.

Anyone claiming obama hasn't been partisan toward conservatives and republicans is either blind or a far left liberal.

I picked the economy.

I picked it because instead of using his political capital at the beginning of his presidency to adress jobs, unemployment, the budget defecit, and the national debt he used up all that capital getting Obamacare passed.

The double whammy is Obamacare has actually, unlike it was intended to according to those who supported it, hurt the economy and the national debt along with cutting medicare.

I also picked the economy, for more or less those reasons.

If Obama had paid more attention to how the stimulus was used and to making HAMP work as he said it would, then the recovery could have been much more robust. What would have happened if Obama had taken his supposed zeal for infrastructure and actually put some effort into backing that in 2009?

Instead he neutralized most of the positive effect the stimulus and his other programs could have had by spending all that time on Obamacare. It has been a raincloud over the economy.

Last edited:

Bingo.

As I said. Running for POTUS is a whole hell of a lot easier that being POTUS.Especially when you don't have the skills for it.

Forum List

Back