"What To The Slave Is The 4th Of July?"

Isn't that a false dilemma? They were enslaved by blacks, then BOUGHT by whites. So whether Americans did what they did or not, it seems as though those blacks would either be slaves in Africa or dead.

Yes but the US had a different method of getting slaves. The overwhelming majority (90+%) of slaves in the US were bred here. So the overwhelming majority were not enslaved by blacks but by whites.

As for it making their life better, possibly. But I don't call that good in any way. Sure by about every metric, people in Norway are happier than in the US. That doesn't make me an agent of good if I grab your daughter, steal her off to Norway, and rape a family out of her then let her great great grandkids free.
But very few people are going to buy slaves to then let their kids be free. It's a bad investment. So the real choice is between what happened and not buying them at all and letting them starve/be cannibalized in Africa. Frankly, I don't agree with slavery in America either. They should have left the blacks in Africa. Then we wouldn't have so many problems in the USA today.

maasai-children-masai-village-showing-mud-hut-made-of-sticks-and-cow-anwnc4.jpg
And? So command of the written word is obviously not your strength, but I didnt realize that color photos were around during the slave trade.
It's to show that they still live like that today. They look really happy, don't they?

So your ASSumption is that they would be happier being enslaved?
No, but going through slavery like your ancestors did made life better for their descendants (like you).

And how would you know anything about my life or that of my immediate ancestors?
If you're a black man born in the US without an African accent then your family got you here by way of slavery. Are you saying that you were born in Africa?

And? So command of the written word is obviously not your strength, but I didnt realize that color photos were around during the slave trade.
It's to show that they still live like that today. They look really happy, don't they?

No, but going through slavery like your ancestors did made life better for their descendants (like you).

And how would you know anything about my life or that of my immediate ancestors?
If you're a black man born in the US without an African accent then your family got you here by way of slavery. Are you saying that you were born in Africa?

Are you saying that you are ignorant enough to believe that every single black citizen that resides in America "arrived here" because of slavery?

Are you saying that you are ignorant enough to believe that every single black citizen that resides in America "arrived here" because of slavery?
Ok, I hear what your saying and ok, that's true only maybe 98% of the time, but c'mon, admit it, your ancestors were slaves.

Mine were serfs (pretty much the same thing) back in the old country.

Forum List

Back