CDZ What to take seriously from Trump?

Partial Response:

1) The O. P has a long difficult education before him, with regard to the topic he has assigned himself. It will be particularly hard because he doesn't want to hear the truth about Don Trump. He wants to misunderstand him, because he wants to hate him.

2) I don't have the time or inclination, or even the ability, to educate anyone who doesn't want to learn...who doesn't want to hear anything said on Trump's behalf.

3) So, I will just make one point and give one example.

The point is: Liberals insist on taking him absolutely literally, even though they never hold their own politicians to the same standard.

The example is: I will build a great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for it.

Liberals knew Mexico would never just up and write a check for the wall, and so that is exactly what they (including the O. P., I expect) is what they pretended he meant.

Conservatives, on the other hand, also knew Mexico would never just up and write a check for the wall, but they were so delighted that an American Presidential Candidate was willing to commit to doing his very best to STOPPING the Invasion of America by Mexico...actually by the dregs of Mexican Society---as the Rich and Middle Class; the successful people in Mexico---stay where they are.

We understood that; you obviously did not.

Also, Conservatives had sense enough to understand Mexico would never just up and write a check for the wall, but they also understood that stopping the Invasion would bring such benefits to America that Mexico would essentially be paying for the wall.

For example, a down payment was made on Mexico paying indirectly for the Wall, right after Trump was elected---when FORD announce it would built its newest plant in the USA and not in Mexico as previously planned when the Marxist Obama was President.

A down payment was made when illegal immigration, the Invasion that Obama invited, slowed way way down....meaning Mexico had to pay for more of its dregs, and the U.S. A had to pay for less and less of them. The lighter the burden on social services, like welfare, and like teachers who have to teach Spanish instead of the national language--English, the better. Just two examples.

We understand this; you obviously do not.

If you can learn from this example....which is unlikely because you obviously wish to be willingly blind....then you will be better prepared yo know what Trump is talking about in the future.

The point is: Liberals insist on taking him absolutely literally, even though they never hold their own politicians to the same standard.

download.png

Sometimes I'm tempted to think it's exploratory: make stuff up and see how you can get away with it. It's also kind of testing America's defenses and reaction to corruption, conflicts of interest and whatnot.

It seems at times like he doesn't really care about any of what he's doing or saying, like he just an actor playing a part.

I'm probably reading too much into this.

One problem is he cant seem to focus on any one thing, the exception is that he is never wrong, so he fights the need for advice or a different view point

I view Donald Trump in a totally different light. I see a man who had everything, who knew that the Presidency would be a shit storm, and he stepped up to the plate anyway to save the country from the Clintons. Thank God he did. He also knew that a Hillary Presidency would mean a Liberal rubber stamp Supreme Court for at least the next 20 years.

I see him as a straight talking New Yorker who loves to mix it up. He doesn't want to take the high road, he wants to get in your face. That's him. He's real. Could I do with less Tweets? Sure. I don't read them but Jesus Christ you Liberals appear to spend every waking moment dissecting every syllable.

I suggest you don't take every thing he says or writes literally. Focus on the bigger picture of what he is trying to do. For example, the "Racist Rhetoric" he used about building the wall, and Mexico sending their criminals and Rapists has proven to be extremely effective in reducing illegals attempting to cross. They are down nearly 75% which is a huge help for our border agents, DEA, and Police. So in a sense Trump built a pretty good wall with words alone. Was he nice? No. Was he effective. Oh yes.

I'll take effective over nice in my President.
Focus on the bigger picture of what he is trying to do. For example, the "Racist Rhetoric" he used about building the wall, and Mexico sending their criminals and Rapists has proven to be extremely effective in reducing illegals attempting to cross. They are down nearly 75% which is a huge help for our border agents, DEA, and Police.

Here's the bigger picture in that. If his racist rhetoric is so effective, why spend billions on a wall? Surely there are better present uses of that money, particularly when even the immigration expert whom conservatives love to quote has said repeatedly that the net impact of immigrants' presence in the U.S. is positive not negative. It's not a huge sum, but it is not a net drain.

I shared this information earlier this year, but it seems it needs to be reiterated.
According to publications from the conservative Center for Immigration Studies and the liberal Migration Policy Institute, illegal immigration yields a very small but nonetheless positive impact on the U.S. economy. Read the documents you'll find linked in the preceding sentence and you'll find the following:
  • Illegal immigrants increased GDP by $395 to $472 billion. This “contribution” to the economy does not measure the net benefit to natives.
  • The surplus from illegal immigration, or the net gain to US workers and employers exclusive of any labor income paid to the unauthorized immigrants themselves, is approximately 0.03 percent of US GDP.

[Given that GDP is ~$18.57T, that amounts to about five and a half billion that illegal immigrants contribute to (not reduce) the U.S.' GDP bottom line.]
  • The immigration surplus or benefit to natives created by illegal immigrants is estimated at around $9 billion a year or 0.06 percent of GDP -- six one-hundredths of 1 percent.

[The $9B sum cited is from when the source articles were written. Since then GDP has risen. The corresponding figure today is ~$11.1B.]
  • Although the net benefits to natives from illegal immigrants are small, there is a sizable redistribution effect. Illegal immigration reduces the wage of native workers by an estimated $99 to $118 billion a year, and generates a gain for businesses and other users of immigrants of $107 to $128 billion.

GDP is itself a net sum; thus it is either increased or decreased by "whatever," in this case illegal immigration.

You'll find at the links in this post -- Liberal & Conservative Think Tanks Agree on The Net Economic Impact of Illegal Immigration -- references beyond those linked above.

It isn't racist. But keep calling him a racist, and his supporters as you do it......and when 2020 comes around, we will enjoy your liberal tears with the rest of the tears of left wing, Anti-American democrats.

Why? Will he get fewer votes than his opponent again? ;)

Forum List

Back