What to expect in the foreign policy debate?

BecauseIKnow

Rookie
Aug 5, 2012
We obviously know this will all revolve around the Middle East. The protests. Libya intervention.

Of course Iran.
Of course more Israeli ass kissing

Republicans will tell us we need more war in the Middle East. In reality it's completely the opposite.

Benghazi and the 9/12/12 Rose Garden speech will be brought up.

Simply using the phrase "No acts of terror," while talking about the 9/11 anniversary doesn't erase the next two weeks of having Obama officials blaming the video and calling the attack "spontaneous."

I believe it's going to revolve more around the financial crisis that is plaguing Europe more than the Middle East.

The debate will start out with the Middle East, what to do about Iran, what happened in Libya and the whole "Arab Spring" thing last summer.

Then it will turn to China.

But most of the debate will focus on Europe.

Just my opinion.

Simply using the phrase "No acts of terror," while talking about the 9/11 anniversary doesn't erase the next two weeks of having Obama officials blaming the video and calling the attack "spontaneous."

Exactly.

He was not referring to the embassy attack.

• Banned
I believe it's going to revolve more around the financial crisis that is plaguing Europe more than the Middle East.

The debate will start out with the Middle East, what to do about Iran, what happened in Libya and the whole "Arab Spring" thing last summer.

Then it will turn to China.

But most of the debate will focus on Europe.

Just my opinion.

That would be new and different. Hopefully they back off the invade Middle East rhetoric. We don't need to hear that stuff over and over. I think they should address on Europe. That would be an interesting debate. :cool:

• Banned
I wonder if they will punch in on the Israeli Palestinian two state solution. It seems like that's not the thing anymore.

Doesn't really matter. Romney just needs to hammer Obama on the entire Middle East debacles. , and cruise through the final debate. Then work the swing states hard. Baring some unimaginable disaster by the Romney campaign, this race is over as of tonight. Obama needed a huge win in this second debate, as it turned out he barely tied. Obama is toast!

This will be Mitten's toughest debate. He is erratic and stiff. He changes his positions on major issues like a windsock. Not exactly the personality type one wants negotiating with foreign leaders.

Killing Bin Ladin is what makes Obama the kind of a leader we need in these troubled times.

He is decisive and makes good on his threats to kill our enemies. Foreign leaders get that. The Pakistani border was Bush's excuse to not get Osama. Didn't slow down Obama in the slightest. Mittens is a pussy. Seriously. If he appears erratic like he was this evening in a military debate he is toast.

Romney can't win if he warmongers. Hopefully there aren't fucking despicable people who support war in the Middle East.

This will be Mitten's toughest debate. He is erratic and stiff. He changes his positions on major issues like a windsock. Not exactly the personality type one wants negotiating with foreign leaders.

Killing Bin Ladin is what makes Obama the kind of a leader we need in these troubled times.

He is decisive and makes good on his threats to kill our enemies. Foreign leaders get that. The Pakistani border was Bush's excuse to not get Osama. Didn't slow down Obama in the slightest. Mittens is a pussy. Seriously. If he appears erratic like he was this evening in a military debate he is toast.

You've got to be joking. Damn!

He clearly was referring to the attack. No matter how you view it.

Of course, yesterday was already a painful day for our nation as we marked the solemn memory of the 9/11 attacks. We mourned with the families who were lost on that day. I visited the graves of troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, and had the opportunity to say thank you and visit some of our wounded warriors at Walter Reed. And then last night, we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi.

As Americans, let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases, lay down their lives for it. Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe.

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.

Remarks by the President on the Deaths of U.S. Embassy Staff in Libya | The White House

Um, no.

He clearly was referring to the attack. No matter how you view it.

He was clearly referring to the attack that he, along with his admin, intentionally attempted to mislead the people to have been conducted by a spontaneous mob based on a vile video, rather than a deliberate and pre-planned terrorist attack.

When he says last night we learned the news in Benghazi. He's putting it in line with acts of terror. It's true he did say that.

Yep. That is likely why Romney made sure to get Obama's Benghazi statement tonight "On the record". He asked Obama are you certain? because I want to get you on record or something similar to that. That may come back as a nice Obama smack-down in the foreign policy debate. I have no idea what Romney's plan was for asking Obama that but it seemed clear that he had his reasons.

Even if republicans believe they have the upper hand about Libya....is that all they need? Are you kidding me?

You've got to be joking. Damn!

No. I am not joking. AND neither does Obama when he puts a bullseye on someone that attacks Americans.

Pirates holding American sea captain ... DEAD

Bin Ladin and almost every Al Quaida leader ... DEAD

No successful terrorist attacks within our borders.

No Joke.

We obviously know this will all revolve around the Middle East. The protests. Libya intervention.

Of course Iran.
Of course more Israeli ass kissing

Republicans will tell us we need more war in the Middle East. In reality it's completely the opposite.

Hell, I would cheerfully fight for Israel just to get some shots at those Palestinian women and children murders! Those Palestinian terrorists are the fucking scum of the earth!

Forum List

Back