What to do with unused Giftcards

julidiarob

Rookie
Nov 15, 2010
What's the best way to unlock value in unused giftcards. Please share your thoughts!

Thanks

A gift card is the closest thing to no gift at all and in a way it's worse. It's like saying "I just didn't want to take the time to find something I was pretty sure you would like. But because it's Christmas I'm bound by tradition to give you something -- so here."

It's really worse than giving someone money because the gift card is only useful in one place and if there's nothing in that place the recipient wants then the gift card works out to be a gift to that place.

I think gift cards are a giant step toward there being no Christmas at all because they are the perfect antithesis of the Christmas spirit. If someone gave me a gift card for Christmas that is exactly what that person would get from me next year -- from the same place and for the same amount.

To get a gift card is to have a smiling capitalist piss on your Christmas tree.

A gift card is the closest thing to no gift at all and in a way it's worse. It's like saying "I just didn't want to take the time to find something I was pretty sure you would like. But because it's Christmas I'm bound by tradition to give you something -- so here."

It's really worse than giving someone money because the gift card is only useful in one place and if there's nothing in that place the recipient wants then the gift card works out to be a gift to that place.

I think gift cards are a giant step toward there being no Christmas at all because they are the perfect antithesis of the Christmas spirit. If someone gave me a gift card for Christmas that is exactly what that person would get from me next year -- from the same place and for the same amount.

To get a gift card is to have a smiling capitalist piss on your Christmas tree.

I like giftcards.

People very close to me buy me actual gifts but my employer for example can certainly give me a gift card and it's very appreciated.

I like giving certain people gift cards to dinner at nice restaurants or movies.

You can Sell, Swap or Buy Discount Gift Cards at:

Card Woo

Plastic Jungle

Cash 4 Gift Cards

Swap A Gift

Those are some good companies! I think I will use them.

I am thinking of buying a bunch of discounted gift cards to go shopping with & save money.

I don't know how trust worthy these companies are but I have seen Card Woo on TV a few times. I did a Google search for cardwoo.com rip-off & cardwoo.com sucks. I could not find anything bad so I think they are ok.

I did the same search on Cash 4 Gift Cards & it has a BBB Better Business Bureau logo on their site. I guess I will try a small purchase first to check it out.

Websites like cardwoo or plasticjungle wants seller to mail them unused giftcards. That mean cost of mailing + delay in process. Above that these websites have prespecified rates for purchasing gift cards. With money4cards person can list the card for sale for free and it is local. So other people in your town/city will place offer most likely better then what cardwoo would pay you. Plus transaction get executed in person and locally, that means process would be much faster.

Also money4cards allows it's user to even list discount coupons that we usually throw in recycle bins. Now we can earn good bucks by putting them for sale on money4cards. Take example you wanted to buy good comforter set($180) for yourself and your kid or sister etc. from Bed Batch and Beyond. But you only have one 20% off coupon that you have in mail. If someone can provide you another coupon it could save you additional $36 on 2nd comforter set. Even if you have to pay $10 bucks for that coupon and 2 miles of addtional drive to pickup the coupon from seller on money4cards because it is still nice savings of $28.

More you think more this website would start making sense in your daily shopping habits, because it helps save you bucks.

As as we always say, we are small and ready to learn , so any suggestions of criticism is GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Julidia

Last edited:
julididrob, thanks for sharing the excitement over your new business venture in each of 5 out of 8 total posts. It's not often we get such helpful and useful information. Keep up the good work! :thup:

Forum List

Back