What to Do With Dead Compact Fluorescents?

Philobeado

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2009
Gulf of Mexico Coast, Texas
As of 2012, normal light bulbs will be outlawed in the Land of the Free, due to a deal crony capitalists at General Electric worked out with corrupt congresscritters behind a smokescreen of preposterous enviromoonbat posturing. Instead, we will be forced to use flickering, expensive, child-unfriendly, and possibly carcinogenic compact fluorescent bulbs. These contain mercury, and therefore constitute a biohazard.

What to do with the old bulbs, since they're too toxic to throw in the trash? Could they charge you with terrorism if you mail them to your representative in Congress?

Send a CFL to your congressman (Bumped) For What It’s Worth

I was thinking they should be sent to the EPA.

Time to hold the unelected regulators responsible for something.

As of 2012, normal light bulbs will be outlawed in the Land of the Free, due to a deal crony capitalists at General Electric worked out with corrupt congresscritters behind a smokescreen of preposterous enviromoonbat posturing. Instead, we will be forced to use flickering, expensive, child-unfriendly, and possibly carcinogenic compact fluorescent bulbs. These contain mercury, and therefore constitute a biohazard.

What to do with the old bulbs, since they're too toxic to throw in the trash? Could they charge you with terrorism if you mail them to your representative in Congress?

Send a CFL to your congressman (Bumped) For What It’s Worth

Now for the other half of the story.

We're talking a 75% energy savings. Easily offsets the initial cost.

The mercury in the bulbs is about 1% off that found in old time thermometers.

Most towns have a system for taking in biohazards. Check it out.

Flickering can be annoying, but that generally only happens if you have them on a dimmer. Hope they do something to improve that.

I just take them to the local playground and give them to the small children there.
I don't know what they do with them.

Those things are a total waste of time and money. I decided I'd be a good guy and try out a couple of them. I couldn't see jack. I've just gone out and purchased an industrial size (whatever that means) clear bulb for my otherwise dark kitchen (inside room, no windows). Works like a charm. I can finally see what the hell I'm doing. It's a lot better than having to turn on a florescent light over the sink, the light over the stove, and the ceiling light and still not being able to see.

I throw them in the trash and watch them break. If there is enough "bad" shit in them to destroy America, we are all fucked and I did it.

Forum List

Back