What this election was truly all about

Richard-H

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2008
I don't exactly remember when, but sometime during my grammar school education I was taught that:

"With Freedom comes RESPONSIBILITY"

Unfortunately, the wealthy & conservative people of this country have failed in the responsibilties that came with the financial & political freedoms that the American people gave them.

Now, to some extent they are going to lose those freedoms:

Massive fraud in the mortgage & financial industries as well as short term trading, selling short, hedge funds and a host of other fraudulent financial mechanisms have brought about the need to regulate these industries.

A reduction in taxes for the wealthy has resulted in 'trickle-down' manifesting as the rich pissing on the working class. Now there will be a change in the tax laws.

Free trade has resulted in the abandonment of America in favor of investment in China and other foreign countries.

The power and freedom to govern became nothing but massive pilfering of the U.S. government, the invasion of a foreign country based on false premises, the subsequent failure to manage that war and the failure to win a justifed war.

The working class American people would have had to have been absolute morons to have let this continue.

Whatever whining and complianing conservative may do, one thing is clear: they brought this upon themselves.

Do ya think that they'll learn? I doubt it.

you been watching the stock market? The rich will still be rich. their money will be out of reach. That's the only difference. So obamalama better have a plan B cause by the time he gets to 1600 Pennsyvania Ave. The Rich Republicans will be in the Cayman Islands. :tongue:

Funny thing that the Prime Minister of England has been pushing for international banking regulation.

They can run, but this time, they can't hide!

If you were to actually think thru the series of steps that would happen if and when international banking regulation put into effect, you wouldn't want to be someone who had money in an offshore account.

Funny thing that the Prime Minister of England has been pushing for international banking regulation.

They can run, but this time, they can't hide!

oh my---the English are pushing to take America back. Do you think the democrats will just surrender or will they put up a fight ?

No. I think that all awful lot of people throughout the world want an end to secrecy in banking - and we're going to get it very soon.

I don't exactly remember when, but sometime during my grammar school education I was taught that:

"With Freedom comes RESPONSIBILITY"

Unfortunately, the wealthy & conservative people of this country have failed in the responsibilties that came with the financial & political freedoms that the American people gave them.

Now, to some extent they are going to lose those freedoms:

Massive fraud in the mortgage & financial industries as well as short term trading, selling short, hedge funds and a host of other fraudulent financial mechanisms have brought about the need to regulate these industries.

A reduction in taxes for the wealthy has resulted in 'trickle-down' manifesting as the rich pissing on the working class. Now there will be a change in the tax laws.

Free trade has resulted in the abandonment of America in favor of investment in China and other foreign countries.

The power and freedom to govern became nothing but massive pilfering of the U.S. government, the invasion of a foreign country based on false premises, the subsequent failure to manage that war and the failure to win a justifed war.

The working class American people would have had to have been absolute morons to have let this continue.

Whatever whining and complianing conservative may do, one thing is clear: they brought this upon themselves.

Do ya think that they'll learn? I doubt it.

The rich will keep ALL their money, the always do, because it is the rich (like Obama) that make the laws to appease the masses but leave plenty of loopholes for themselves. I paid more tax when my marginal rates were 60+% than I do now at 36% because there were so many loopholes you could drive a truck through.

Obama will do nothing substantive or lasting for the "working class" (whoever the hell that is anyway....) anymore than FDR, Kennedy, Johnson, Carter or Clinton did. He won't change the tax code in any substantive way because economic reality and a still fillibuster capable Senate as well as conservative Democrats, will block any attempt to do so.

Like I've said repeatedly for weeks now, wild-eyed lefties like you are going to feel betrayed very quickly by a President who is going to be large forced to govern from the center....

No health care reform, no major tax changes, and no end to the war. that's the reality of an Obama presidency.....

New Topics

Forum List

Back