What the voting laws should be.

So Bernie Sanders, Ted Kennedy, Barney Frank, nancy Pelosi, and Barack Obama have outdated views?
If that's your concern then why not just administer a viewpoint test. If you fail you can always go to re-education camp.

I think eliminating their voice in our society is sufficient.

I'd certainly like to see liberal voices relegated to KKK status in our society. But that needs to happen by losing in the marketplace of ideas, not stalinistic tactics.
:eusa_eh:

The Rabbi would have flourished in Stalin's USSR. He absolutely would have thrived.

As people are working well into their 80s, just limiting the vote to tax paying citizens should be sufficient. You retire, you lost your right to vote.

You clearly are not from America. That's not how it is done here. Our country is all about universal suffrage.

Which is why non-citizens, felons, and children can vote, right?

You clearly do not understand what universal suffrage is.

This goes back to Jefferson and his warnings about the concentration of wealth in the hands of a few. If only property owners were allowed to vote, that would ensure an unbreakable oligarchy once and for all in our country.

We already have seen in the past twenty years a legislative movement which is working to redistribute wealth into the hands of a select few. Not all the rich, just a select few. Which is why taxing the guy who lives in a bigger house than you is not the solution. The guy in the bigger house is being robbed of even more money than you are.

It is astonishing to watch the rubes screaming for the would-be oligarchs demands to be met, incremental inch by incremental inch.

Last edited:
This goes back to Jefferson and his warnings about the concentration of wealth in the hands of a few. If only property owners were allowed to vote, that would ensure an unbreakable oligarchy once and for all in our country.

We already have seen in the past twenty years a legislative movement which is working to redistribute wealth into the hands of a select few. Not all the rich, just a select few. Which is why taxing the guy who lives in a bigger house than you is not the solution. The guy in the bigger house is being robbed of even more money than you are.

It is astonishing to watch the rubes screaming for the would-be oligarchs demands to be met, incremental inch by incremental inch.

Sure. Because people never buy houses.
What a dunce.

Let's see, since we've already disenfranchised the young, the poor, and the undereducated, let's cap the voting age at 50. Old people aren't the future, theyre the past and only the future should have the right to vote on how the future will be governed.

Why should people with wisdom and experience be prohibited from voting?
You aren't what they call a Deep Thinker, are you?

Why should people with outdated views of the world be allowed to have a voice in today's modern society.

Maybe we should add to Matthews test, a computer skills and world view portion. Anyone who can't use an iPad can't vote.

"Outdated" according to who? And, what is the definition of "outdated?"

1. Are you over the age of 18 or will be 18 years of age on election day?
2. Are you a citizen of the United States of America?
3. Can you prove that you are a citizen of the United States of America?

If you answer no to any of the above 3 questions, you can not vote. If you answered yes to all 3 questions, you have only one vote and one vote only.

Pretty simple.

This process is achieved during voter registration. All that is required to secure our voting process from that point is for your government to properly maintain the voter registration rolls.

If they can't even manage to do that simple task, it would be pretty damned stupid to add yet another layer of incompetent government on top. Only an idiot would think it would be a better idea to give them even more tasks to do instead of getting them to correctly perform their existing tasks.

Delusional. When i registered to vote, I had to show...NOTHING. I had to sign a paper saying I was who I claimed I was...that's it! The town clerk told me she was forbidden to ask for any ID or proof of residence.

Registration and voting should require identification, and vote fraud should be punished with death.

Delusional. When i registered to vote, I had to show...NOTHING. I had to sign a paper saying I was who I claimed I was...that's it! The town clerk told me she was forbidden to ask for any ID or proof of residence.

What do you mean by "saying who I claimed to be?" What documentation did you have to show? And, what is the difference between an ID and proving you are who you claim to be?

Why should people with wisdom and experience be prohibited from voting?
You aren't what they call a Deep Thinker, are you?

Why should people with outdated views of the world be allowed to have a voice in today's modern society.

Maybe we should add to Matthews test, a computer skills and world view portion. Anyone who can't use an iPad can't vote.

You know, against gay marriage, against legalized drugs, against intrusive nanny state laws, pro small gov't budgets. That sort of thing. The kind of stuff only knuckle dragging neanderthals believe any more. And the Founding Fathers of course.

1. Are you over the age of 18 or will be 18 years of age on election day?
2. Are you a citizen of the United States of America?
3. Can you prove that you are a citizen of the United States of America?

If you answer no to any of the above 3 questions, you can not vote. If you answered yes to all 3 questions, you have only one vote and one vote only.

Pretty simple.

This process is achieved during voter registration. All that is required to secure our voting process from that point is for your government to properly maintain the voter registration rolls.

If they can't even manage to do that simple task, it would be pretty damned stupid to add yet another layer of incompetent government on top. Only an idiot would think it would be a better idea to give them even more tasks to do instead of getting them to correctly perform their existing tasks.

Registration and voting should require identification, and vote fraud should be punished with death.

Voter fraud should be punished with death? Really?

Should we start off with that lady in NV (who was Republican) and voted twice? How about the firm that was hired by the GOP which was fired just a couple of weeks before the election because they committed voter fraud? Should we kill everyone in the company, or just the CEO's and those that actually did the work?

What part of "vote fraud should be punished with death" are you incapable of understanding? I'm not sure I can make it any simpler.

What part of "vote fraud should be punished with death" are you incapable of understanding? I'm not sure I can make it any simpler.

So.............in your opinion, the first one to go should be that Republican woman in Nevada.

Got it.

What about jaywalking, do we just remove a foot?

You know, against gay marriage, against legalized drugs, against intrusive nanny state laws, pro small gov't budgets. That sort of thing. The kind of stuff only knuckle dragging neanderthals believe any more. And the Founding Fathers of course.

All drugs were legal at the time of the founding fathers, and for most of this country's history.

Please be less fucking stupid.

Try really, really hard.

All drugs were legal at the time of the founding fathers, and for most of this country's history.

Try really, really hard.

It's even been rumored that some of the Founding Fathers like George Washington and Ben Franklin smoked cannabis.

Oh did I forget to say that an IQ test should be required??? We want to make sure that there's a limit on the free shitters!

I would just require people to pay for and be under the policies of the Party they support.

That would either be its own reward, or its own punishment, without putting responsibility on other people who remain free to affiliate with and vote for the Party of their choice as well.

Try really, really hard.

It's even been rumored that some of the Founding Fathers like George Washington and Ben Franklin smoked cannabis.

It's pretty well confirmed that Jefferson grew it, from notes in his diary and a letter to Washington, IIRC.

Are you really willing to be put to death if some person or institution deemed that you committed voter fraud (whether you did or not)?

I would be willing to give up my citizenship and work for restitution if I committed a crime and needed to pay back victims or society over a certain length of time (in order to be fair to citizens who DIDN'T commit crimes); but I would only be willing to put my life on the line if I had a **direct say** in what the terms are, and NOT put decisions over my life in the hands of any other person or institution "outside" my control. That is asking for trouble.

Are you sure you would be willing to be under such an irreversible penalty?

How would you guarantee you could defend your innocence in case of false
or "trumped up" charges? If your point is that people are ripping off the system,
don't you think the same corruption could happen with claims of committing fraud?

That doesn't solve the problem but just adds a whole other level where fraud could be committed to kill or threaten people unjustly, as you are contesting with voter fraud!

Forum List

Back