What the Tea Party Movement is Really About

Discussion in 'Tea Party' started by boedicca, Apr 26, 2010.

1. boedicca

boedicca Uppity Water Nymph Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,718
    A good piece on what the Tea Parties really area about: the rejection of Central Planning by those who will be victimized by it.

The Progressive Elites recognize this - hence their trashing of Tea Partiers as stupid and evil.

Here’s what the TP itself really fears, in an inchoate way that for most of its members doesn’t rise to the level of clear understanding, but is still intuitively very powerful: the US is embracing central planning as a governing theory, as fast as our legislative processes will allow.

Central planning has a long record of failure, but Americans have always believed that we know how to succeed where others can’t. That leads to the hubris of people like Barack Obama, who says “YES WE CAN!”

(snip)

The endpoint of central planning, if not outright failure, is a much deeper and more intractable division of society into haves and have-nots. After promising a better world for everyone, the progressives will end up creating a society that is more polarized than ever.

Keep this firmly in mind, because you’ll see it first in stories that middle-income people are somehow having more and more trouble just affording the necessities of life. This is an unstoppable treadmill leading downward. There’s something very deeply wrong when ordinary necessities like food, shelter and healthcare need to be subsidized for millions of people. It means their own productivity isn’t adequate to provide for their needs. It means that economic progress is going backward. And it means that resources are being concentrated in fewer hands, rather than being spread more broadly. This is the crushing, bitter irony of Obama’s belief that we should “spread the wealth.”

And we’re already seeing everywhere, from David Brooks to Noam Chomsky, the signs of how the elites will have to deal with the polarization: by loudly proclaiming in their captive media that the have-nots are stupid and, eventually, evil.

Yeah, that’ll work.

What the Tea Party Movement is Really About | The New Ledger

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,287
    Lord what hooey. I would hope that anyone who read that OP was old enough, smart enough, and thoughtful enough, to realize this conspiratorial nonsense is nothing but BS. Why is it no one is honest enough to say what the tea party really is? Why is it always necessary to find a plot hidden so well only the OP writers see it. One wonders what their life experience and education must be when the simplicity of their thought is so darn cockeyed.

3. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    Classic Newspeak. Don't listen to the opposition describing its position, rather define it for them. :cuckoo: Classic strawman, too.

This is the problem (or advantage, depending on whether you want to be one or not) with useful idiots.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  4. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,636
    You mean like these big multinational corporations....

5. boedicca

boedicca Uppity Water Nymph Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,718
    No. You continue to focus on the trees and miss the forest.

The Cronyism in which multinationals engage is fueled and enabled by Big Government.

Taking away the access to taxpayers money (i.e. socialized risk and privatized profit) is only possible via reforming the government. Politicians are the ones who dole out the money.

6. Samson

Samson Póg Mo Thóin Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,210
    :eusa_hand:

Am I supposed to Imagine you're Alicia Keys in this thread.:confused:

7. AquaAthena

AquaAthena INTJ/ INFJ

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,342
    Strange, how simple the facts really are here, that no one so far has really opened their eyes. You are correct: they cannot see the trees for the forest, and likely will never change. They cook their own goose as well as their neighbors, who probably needs the assistance.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Flaylo

Flaylo Handsome Devil

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +451
    What is the Tea Bastard movement really about? I'll tell what they're about, they're a racist anti-black president movement that hides behind protests against higher taxes.

9. Boomsaucer

Boomsaucer boomsaucer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I had no idea what we tea party members were about until I read some of these posts. THANK YOU!!! Now that I know it gives me a new path to follow. I was lead to believe we were better people than we apparently are. I'll tell all my fellow members that we are all a bunch of uninformed, ignorant rascists. They will be truly shocked, especially the black ones and those who participated heavily in the civil rights movement. Amazing what you can learn just by doing research rather than listening to those who form opinions from thin air

10. masquerade

masquerade positivity

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    First ...

:clap2:

Excellent thread boedicca!

I see it clear as day. It's really too bad that people like you don't and never will. It's people like you that Obama is depending upon.