What the Roy Moore debacle has taught me...

... is that people from Alabama are pure pond scum.

I'm not one of the people out there claiming that Moore is guilty. It doesn't really figure into it, actually, because many Moore supporters are already making excuses with the ASSUMPTION that he is, in fact, guilty.

Excuse 1: Oh, it's okay because Mary and Joseph (even though there's no record of Joseph molesting Mary in his courthouse).
Excuse 2: It's okay because Clinton (um, what?)
Excuse 3: This one was a doozy. Heard it on the radio this morning, where a caller from Alabama said, "It's okay because this is how we do it in Alabama. Adults have sex with young teenagers here."

The last one was what convinced me that I was giving southerners far too much slack all these years. Whenever someone would rip on them, calling them hicks and sister-fuckers, I'd say, "No, guys; that's fucked up. They're just normal people."

Well, it turns out that southerners, at least from Alabama, aren't normal people. They're human refuse. They'll happily vote for a man they BELIEVE to be guilty of molesting underage girls and preying on teenagers from a position of power. Amazing.

This is simply a classic example of how a bigoted mind operates. The OP takes an incident or event, then broad-brushes an entire population. Roy Moore is certainly not someone supported by EVERY Alabamian. He won a very close race against several other GOP contenders for Jeff Sessions' seat. He has been somewhat of a Social Conservative folk hero since his defiant stand on the 10 Commandments monument. I'm not sure how this barrage of allegations will effect that vote but it can't be good.

I'm from Alabama and I was resoundingly miffed at why my fellow voters supported this loon. I backed Mo Brooks in the primary and he could've easily won if the GOP establishment hadn't been hell-bent on Luther Strange. That said, it's all water under the bridge now. Moore is on the ballot and there is no way to get him off... pardon the pun. So now we're faced with either voting for Moore or a flaming liberal Democrat... OR not voting at all, which is currently where I am leaning. I'm disgusted with the whole mess... but I'm gonna tell you something, I have no intention of being kicked in the balls by the likes of bigoted PUNKS like you. Go fuck yourself!

Oh please. Real rich, coming from some of the most judgmental, hypocritical people on Earth; southern Christians. You've been dealing everyone else the same shit sandwich that I just fed you for ... well, since forever, really. Get used to it, because after Moore wins, EVERYONE in the rest of the country will hate Alabama.

Sassy as a christian you really like Moore? Yikes.

I never said I liked him, I think he's a loose cannon but I question the timing of all this. Reminds me of suddenly right before the 2016 election multiple women suddenly come forward about Trump. Too much of a coinky dink....right out of the demoquack playbook
Nah, Democrats borrowed that page from the Republican playbook....

Meet Bill Clinton’s Accusers

And the dems circled the wagons.

Sit down

Why can't alabama , while slow thinking and moving folk, not find a decent normal not fake christian to elect rather than a totally fake not christian conservative candidate?

It appears that someone named "Ray" signed Nelson's yearbook in 1977 and the rest was added later. Perhaps this is why Nelson slipped and called Roy "Ray?"

I never said I liked him, I think he's a loose cannon but I question the timing of all this. Reminds me of suddenly right before the 2016 election multiple women suddenly come forward about Trump. Too much of a coinky dink....right out of the demoquack playbook

Sit down
I'm already sitting as I pointed out your hypocrisy.

Last edited:

I'm not one of the people out there claiming that Moore is guilty. It doesn't really figure into it, actually, because many Moore supporters are already making excuses with the ASSUMPTION that he is, in fact, guilty.

Excuse 1: Oh, it's okay because Mary and Joseph (even though there's no record of Joseph molesting Mary in his courthouse).
Excuse 3: This one was a doozy. Heard it on the radio this morning, where a caller from Alabama said, "It's okay because this is how we do it in Alabama. Adults have sex with young teenagers here."

The last one was what convinced me that I was giving southerners far too much slack all these years. Whenever someone would rip on them, calling them hicks and sister-fuckers, I'd say, "No, guys; that's fucked up. They're just normal people."

Well, it turns out that southerners, at least from Alabama, aren't normal people. They're human refuse. They'll happily vote for a man they BELIEVE to be guilty of molesting underage girls and preying on teenagers from a position of power. Amazing.

Don't be too quick to condemn all southerners for the remarks you listed. Those people were Trump supporters. Not necessarily the same thing.

It appears that someone named "Ray" signed Nelson's yearbook in 1977 and the rest was added later. Perhaps this is why Nelson slipped and called Roy "Ray?"

I'm sure it seems that way if you squint your eyes and have no common sense whatsoever.

Sit down
I'm already sitting as I pointed out your hypocracy.

Clinton was already in office, not running for election. Apples and oranges

But he should have resigned, no? According to your comments he had no choice but to. Can't have it both ways

Sit down
I'm already sitting as I pointed out your hypocrisy.

Clinton was already in office, not running for election. Apples and oranges
Nope, not apples/oranges.

Same tactic. It was used to get Clinton out. That failed but it ultimately paid off for the right as it helped get Bush in.

But he should have resigned, no? According to your comments he had no choice but to. Can't have it both ways
You're delirious as I'm not trying to have it both ways -- I don't want Moore to drop out. I want him to stay in so hopefully he'll become so toxic, Jones will win.

Awarded to OP for.
1428112387190.jpg

This is simply a classic example of how a bigoted mind operates. The OP takes an incident or event, then broad-brushes an entire population. Roy Moore is certainly not someone supported by EVERY Alabamian. He won a very close race against several other GOP contenders for Jeff Sessions' seat. He has been somewhat of a Social Conservative folk hero since his defiant stand on the 10 Commandments monument. I'm not sure how this barrage of allegations will effect that vote but it can't be good.

I'm from Alabama and I was resoundingly miffed at why my fellow voters supported this loon. I backed Mo Brooks in the primary and he could've easily won if the GOP establishment hadn't been hell-bent on Luther Strange. That said, it's all water under the bridge now. Moore is on the ballot and there is no way to get him off... pardon the pun. So now we're faced with either voting for Moore or a flaming liberal Democrat... OR not voting at all, which is currently where I am leaning. I'm disgusted with the whole mess... but I'm gonna tell you something, I have no intention of being kicked in the balls by the likes of bigoted PUNKS like you. Go fuck yourself!

Oh please. Real rich, coming from some of the most judgmental, hypocritical people on Earth; southern Christians. You've been dealing everyone else the same shit sandwich that I just fed you for ... well, since forever, really. Get used to it, because after Moore wins, EVERYONE in the rest of the country will hate Alabama.

No, I don't generalize an entire state or region the way you did. That's what BIGOTS do! That's how a bigoted mind works! That's what makes YOU a bigot and me NOT a bigot. For the record, I am not a Christian. I may be judgmental but I'm not hypocritical. I deal shit sandwiches to people who deserve them... like YOU, punk!

Get used to it, because after Moore wins, EVERYONE in the rest of the country will hate Alabama.

LMAO... You say this as if shitstains like YOU are going to suddenly LOVE Alabamians if they somehow reject Roy Moore! Newsflash: It doesn't matter about Roy Moore, bigots like you will go on hating Alabama people and southerners because you're ignorant bigots and that's what bigots do!

Fuck you with this pretentious bullshit that we can somehow redeem ourselves with you. You're the most despicable and dishonest piece of shit on USMB.

Get used to it, because after Moore wins, EVERYONE in the rest of the country will hate Alabama.

LMAO... You say this as if shitstains like YOU are going to suddenly LOVE Alabamians if they somehow reject Roy Moore! Newsflash: It doesn't matter about Roy Moore, bigots like you will go on hating Alabama people and southerners because you're ignorant bigots and that's what bigots do!

Fuck you with this pretentious bullshit that we can somehow redeem ourselves with you. You're the most despicable and dishonest piece of shit on USMB.
Here's what many around the country think of when they think of folks from Alabama....

An unemployed hillbilly who can't speak proper English and puts politics ahead of his family...

Quit crying you little hillbilly bitch. No one gave a rat's ass about your shitstain of a state before, but soon anyone from Alabama is going to have a target on their back.

I had no issue with southerners until these last few years, when they demonstrated to me what a bunch of moronic, cowardly piles of shambling human feces they tend to be. In fact, I was always the one who defended them, even though all the (educated) people around me laughed at them. But they deserve all the hate they get and then some for being so goddamned stupid.

And it's the republican party that will soon eat the biggest shit sandwich of all ...

Attitudes like this seriously irritate me. You really can’t judge everyone from a state (let alone region) based on a single politician. I don’t judge the whole of Massachusetts based on Ted Kennedy and Chappaquiddick. I hate that stupid term “arkancide” like everyone from Arkansas is responsible for the Clintons and their shenanigans. I don’t judge all of Illinois based on Dennis Hastert.

This country seems to be coming apart at the seams, and obtuse blanket statements of contempt will only make it worse. Another thing that irritates me is when people “act dumb” while putting on a southern accent. Seriously, if people want this nation to succeed, they may be better to spend more time listening and less time judging.

Quit crying you little hillbilly bitch. No one gave a rat's ass about your shitstain of a state before, but soon anyone from Alabama is going to have a target on their back.

I had no issue with southerners until these last few years, when they demonstrated to me what a bunch of moronic, cowardly piles of shambling human feces they tend to be. In fact, I was always the one who defended them, even though all the (educated) people around me laughed at them. But they deserve all the hate they get and then some for being so goddamned stupid.

And it's the republican party that will soon eat the biggest shit sandwich of all ...
I had no issue with southerners until these last few years...I was always the one who defended them...

BULLSHIT!
....I call bullshit!

You are a flaming BIGOT! Everything that spews out of your shit-smelling oral orifice wreaks of outright, unabashed, unvarnished BIGOTRY! In this post, you quite simply doubled down on your bigotry. I don't believe that bigots are transformed overnight... most of them are lifelong bigots and that's certainly the case for you as well.

You can try and convince people that you only recently began to resent southerners or Alabamians but I think you're a lying piece of shit and you've always held these animosities.

That last one sounds like a prog trying to make Alabama into what it isn’t. Sort of like accusing others of racial epithets, yet we come to find out they did it, themselves.

Forum List

Back