What the Roy Moore debacle has taught me...

John Shaw

Gold Member
Jul 22, 2017
... is that people from Alabama are pure pond scum.

I'm not one of the people out there claiming that Moore is guilty. It doesn't really figure into it, actually, because many Moore supporters are already making excuses with the ASSUMPTION that he is, in fact, guilty.

Excuse 1: Oh, it's okay because Mary and Joseph (even though there's no record of Joseph molesting Mary in his courthouse).
Excuse 2: It's okay because Clinton (um, what?)
Excuse 3: This one was a doozy. Heard it on the radio this morning, where a caller from Alabama said, "It's okay because this is how we do it in Alabama. Adults have sex with young teenagers here."

The last one was what convinced me that I was giving southerners far too much slack all these years. Whenever someone would rip on them, calling them hicks and sister-fuckers, I'd say, "No, guys; that's fucked up. They're just normal people."

Well, it turns out that southerners, at least from Alabama, aren't normal people. They're human refuse. They'll happily vote for a man they BELIEVE to be guilty of molesting underage girls and preying on teenagers from a position of power. Amazing.

Moore gives a lifelong christian like me a bad name. His interpretation of the bible and mine are 180 degrees different. He cheery picks it to his liking. A fake christian he is.

Sassy as a christian you really like Moore? Yikes.

I never said I liked him, I think he's a loose cannon but I question the timing of all this. Reminds me of suddenly right before the 2016 election multiple women suddenly come forward about Trump. Too much of a coinky dink....right out of the demoquack playbook
And then there was Clarence Thomas.

I'm not one of the people out there claiming that Moore is guilty. It doesn't really figure into it, actually, because many Moore supporters are already making excuses with the ASSUMPTION that he is, in fact, guilty.

Excuse 1: Oh, it's okay because Mary and Joseph (even though there's no record of Joseph molesting Mary in his courthouse).
Excuse 3: This one was a doozy. Heard it on the radio this morning, where a caller from Alabama said, "It's okay because this is how we do it in Alabama. Adults have sex with young teenagers here."

The last one was what convinced me that I was giving southerners far too much slack all these years. Whenever someone would rip on them, calling them hicks and sister-fuckers, I'd say, "No, guys; that's fucked up. They're just normal people."

Well, it turns out that southerners, at least from Alabama, aren't normal people. They're human refuse. They'll happily vote for a man they BELIEVE to be guilty of molesting underage girls and preying on teenagers from a position of power. Amazing.

Well, like most partisan hacks, they'll defend a person because they're Republican and attack a person because they're Democrat, even if they've done the SAME THING.

Trump said "crooked Hillary", even though Hillary has never been convicted of things, and Trump has how many court cases against him?

Not much different really. Yet one is crooked and the other isn't.

Yup, everyone from Alabama is pond scum. They are all horrible people.

Broad brushing hatred says a LOT more about you than it does anyone in Alabama.

Meanwhile, Roy Moore will probably win in Alabama. And many of his voters will vote for him despite believing that he abused young girls.

It would be one thing if they thought he was innocent, but a growing number acknowledge that he's probably guilty of at least some of it, but don't really care. That's incredible to me, especially coming from folk so "religious" (lmao).

Ok, ok, I know anecdotal accounts are worthless -- but this one is hysterical....

I was having lunch yesterday with someone I know ... he's a registered Independent but a pretty staunch conservative.

Anyhoo....of course we're discussing this when I ask him ... just assuming the women are telling the truth and just assuming it was proven and just assuming you could vote for Moore (we're not in Alabama), would you? His answer was, "yes," and his reasoning was that it happened 40 years ago and doesn't represent the man he is today. Also, that he supports Moore's positions on most issues.

Well that led me to point out that if the women are telling the truth, that means that Roy Moore is looking right into the camera and lying his ass off about what he is accused of doing to girls, one as young as 14. That was enough for him to change his mind because that would be current and reflect on the man he is today. And while he said he wouldn't vote for Moore, he said he would likely just sit it out as he certainly wouldn't vote for the Democrat.

And this is where we both laughed out loud ... as I rehashed he said he would vote for Moore even if it were proven he sexually assaulted a 14 year old but not if he lied about it -- meaning if Roy Moore came out and confessed he sexually assaulted a 14 year old girl -- he would vote for him. It was all in good nature and even he was laughing at himself as he realized the corner he painted himself into.

True story.

Why can't alabama , while slow thinking and moving folk, not find a decent normal not fake christian? What is wrong with that state?

This is simply a classic example of how a bigoted mind operates. The OP takes an incident or event, then broad-brushes an entire population. Roy Moore is certainly not someone supported by EVERY Alabamian. He won a very close race against several other GOP contenders for Jeff Sessions' seat. He has been somewhat of a Social Conservative folk hero since his defiant stand on the 10 Commandments monument. I'm not sure how this barrage of allegations will effect that vote but it can't be good.

I'm from Alabama and I was resoundingly miffed at why my fellow voters supported this loon. I backed Mo Brooks in the primary and he could've easily won if the GOP establishment hadn't been hell-bent on Luther Strange. That said, it's all water under the bridge now. Moore is on the ballot and there is no way to get him off... pardon the pun. So now we're faced with either voting for Moore or a flaming liberal Democrat... OR not voting at all, which is currently where I am leaning. I'm disgusted with the whole mess... but I'm gonna tell you something, I have no intention of being kicked in the balls by the likes of bigoted PUNKS like you. Go fuck yourself!

Ok, ok, I know anecdotal accounts are worthless -- but this one is hysterical....

I was having lunch yesterday with someone I know ... he's a registered Independent but a pretty staunch conservative.

Anyhoo....of course we're discussing this when I ask him ... just assuming the women are telling the truth and just assuming it was proven and just assuming you could vote for Moore (we're not in Alabama), would you? His answer was, "yes," and his reasoning was that it happened 40 years ago and doesn't represent the man he is today. Also, that he supports Moore's positions on most issues.

Well that led me to point out that if the women are telling the truth, that means that Roy Moore is looking right into the camera and lying his ass off about what he is accused of doing to girls, one as young as 14. That was enough for him to change his mind because that would be current and reflect on the man he is today. And while he said he wouldn't vote for Moore, he said he would likely just sit it out as he certainly wouldn't vote for the Democrat.

And this is where we both laughed out loud ... as I rehashed he said he would vote for Moore even if it were proven he sexually assaulted a 14 year old but not if he lied about it -- meaning if Roy Moore came out and confessed he sexually assaulted a 14 year old girl -- he would vote for him. It was all in good nature and even he was laughing at himself as he realized the corner he painted himself into.

True story.

Yes, Groucho Marx said

"These are my principles. If you don’t like them I have others."

Sums up partisan America.

Forum List

Back