What the Papa John CEO really said

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
John Schnatter: The Real Scoop on Papa John's and Obamacare

During that same interview, talking about Obamacare I said, though it wasn't widely reported:
•"The good news is 100% of the population (full-time workers) is going to get health insurance. I'm cool with that."
•"We're all going to pay for it. There's nothing for free."
•"And this way I get to provide health insurance and I'm not at a competitive disadvantage ... our competitors are going to have to do the same thing."

Papa John's, like most businesses, is still researching what the Affordable Care Act means to our operations. Regardless of the conclusion of our analysis, we will honor this law, as we do all laws, and continue to offer 100% of Papa John's corporate employees and workers in company-owned stores health insurance as we have since the company was founded in 1984.

Many in the media reported that I said Papa John's is going to close stores and cut jobs because of Obamacare. I never said that. The fact is we are going to open over hundreds of stores this year and next and increase employment by over 5,000 jobs worldwide. And, we have no plans to cut team hours as a result of the Affordable Care Act.

Another one bites the dust.

Forum List

Back