What the MSM, won't report..... My take? xxxx the mainstream media...I'm being BLUNT.

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Bush the unreported hero (Andrew Bolt)
Herald Sun ^ | 16th September 2005 | Andrew Bolt

Posted on 09/16/2005 1:27:34 AM PDT by naturalman1975

ANOTHER terrible suicide attack on civilians in Baghdad and, of course, it's yet more proof US President George W. Bush is a bloody bungler.

You saw footage of this latest Iraqi carnage on Wednesday, just as Bush took responsibility for mistakes back home in responding to Hurricane Katrina.

Can you doubt the man's a natural disaster himself? After all, media reports seem unanimous in declaring Iraq a monument to his astonishing incompetence.

Indeed, what could there possibly be to say about Iraq in Bush's defence?

Well, plenty. But as democratic Iraq's new president, Jalal Talabani, has found, the media isn't keen to report those who say it.

Talabani this week visited Bush in the White House, but I doubt you heard a word he said.

In one sense that's good. If he'd said Iraq's liberation was a disaster, you'd have heard all about it.

But he instead turned to Bush and said: "In the name of Iraqi people, I say to you, Mr President, and to the glorious American people, thank you, thank you. Thank you, because you liberated us from the worst kind of dictatorship. Our people suffered too much . . .

"Thank you, and thanks to the United States, there are now 50 million Muslims in Afghanistan and Iraq liberated by your courageous leadership and decision to liberate us, Mr President.

"We agree with Mr President Bush that democracy is the solution to the problems of the Middle East. Mr President, you are a visionary, great statesman. We salute you."

Talabani gave examples of progress -- of Iraqi cities like Najaf, once dominated by gunmen, now under democratic rule, and of Iraqi soldiers now winning in their war with terrorists. He told how Iraq's new National Assembly approved a draft constitution that upheld democracy and human rights.

And he added: "Now Iraq is a free country. We have all kinds of democracy, all kinds of freedom of expression of parties, groups, civil society, organisations -- that we can say that our democracy is unique in the Middle East . . .

"Of course, we are sorry for the sacrifices of American people in Iraq, but I think a great people like America has a mission in the history -- they have sacrificed hundreds of thousands of their sons in the . . . First World War, Second World War, and in liberating people in Afghanistan, Kurdistan. And the great leader, Mr George W. Bush is continuing the same mission of the American people. We are grateful . . .

"To those in America, in other countries, (who) still ask of (the) war of liberation in Iraq, if it was right -- the right decision: I say, please, please, come to Iraq, to visit the mass graves, to see what happened to the Iraqi people, and to see what now is going on in Iraq.

"To those who talk of stability, I say, Saddam imposed the stability of the mass graves. To the terrorists, I say, you will never win; freedom will win in Iraq."

I am now surer than I've been in these past two difficult years that Talabani is right. Our liberation of Iraq will prove to be not just noble, but a success that inspires democratic movements throughout the lethal Middle East and makes our world a little safer.

You'll think I'm kidding myself. This sure isn't the view you've reached on Iraq. But if you base your view on the reports of a media which won't even pass on these words of Iraq's president, how can you be sure you know the truth about his country? Or about Bush?

Honestly, I hope that our misson in Iraq is a success. However, it will never erase the fact that we went in there under false pretences. Should our new foreign policy consist of our going into other countries and changing their regime?

ProudDem said:
Honestly, I hope that our misson in Iraq is a success. However, it will never erase the fact that we went in there under false pretences. Should our new foreign policy consist of our going into other countries and changing their regime?

Only if they are harboring terrorists.

Forum List

Back