what the...moderated?? new version

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
okay okay i am not trying to be paranoid here....seems to come to me real natural like...
i am using the new version...seems i have been labeled old school but deemed savable or salvagable (at times) by the younger folks...i must move forward...blah blah blah...

so i am looking at the user page with the private messages on it....and see that i have a few that are building up...so i go to delete them...a mass delete...the top little corner...and suddenly all of them are marked "moderated"...

are you reading my private messages...i know you are taking my green squares...but what is with the moderated?

not that i am in any way question the admin or moderators of this board...but why is this happening?

and just cause you are paranoid ..doesnt mean they arent out to get you

okay okay i am not trying to be paranoid here....seems to come to me real natural like...
i am using the new version...seems i have been labeled old school but deemed savable or salvagable (at times) by the younger folks...i must move forward...blah blah blah...

so i am looking at the user page with the private messages on it....and see that i have a few that are building up...so i go to delete them...a mass delete...the top little corner...and suddenly all of them are marked "moderated"...

are you reading my private messages...i know you are taking my green squares...but what is with the moderated?

not that i am in any way question the admin or moderators of this board...but why is this happening?

nope, no one's reading them. whoever wrote the software considers deleting to be moderating, no matter who's doing it, whether it's PMs, visitor messages or whatever.

no one can read your PMs, and you're not the only person to get a little freaked by the coder's choice of words. :eusa_angel:

nope, no one's reading them. whoever wrote the software considers deleting to be moderating, no matter who's doing it, whether it's PMs, visitor messages or whatever.

no one can read your PMs, and you're not the only person to get a little freaked by the coder's choice of words. :eusa_angel:

did ya notice how it is color and all....MOD ERA TED

i think the coder is an era supporter trying to influence our minds....

*begins to peep in lamp*

that is not funny duckie....you know that will make me crazy...okay crazier

did ya notice how it is color and all....MOD ERA TED

i think the coder is an era supporter trying to influence our minds....

*begins to peep in lamp*

that is not funny duckie....you know that will make me crazy...okay crazier

I just thought you would appreciate the warning---in fact the law requires me to warn you:lol:

are you reading my private messages...
With vBulletin it is a pain in the ass for even server-level admins to read private messages. Because they are 256 bit encrypted in the database. Passwords are as well.

That said, they do however have every right to read them if they wish.

With vBulletin it is a pain in the ass for even server-level admins to read private messages. Because they are 256 bit encrypted in the database. Passwords are as well.

Whether or not we have the right to is irrelevant. We don't.

I would never suggest otherwise. But users on internet forum boards really do have no expectation of privacy.

hmmm is it like dante's hell? another level? someone forced to read all the private messages on the us message board?

i think i would just feel sorry for that person.

thank yall....for explaining...

I would never suggest otherwise. But users on internet forum boards really do have no expectation of privacy.

IMO, that depends on which level you are addressing. If the message boards states in its TOS or board rules that a certain level of privacy exists, then that expectation does and should exist.

The notable exception to the rule is a PM deemed offensive or against the rules may be forwarded to admin/mods, at which time that expectation to privacy ceases to exist.

At the internet/legal level, there should be no expectation to privacy on the internet anywhere. I have no doubt the board owner would comply with a request from law enforcement to turn over whatever items of interest that agency was looking for.

None of which address the keystroke counters looking for any and every way to attach themselves to your computer.

Forum List

Back