What the media is really trying to do with Carson.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Now that the media sees they can get Ben riled up they will not stop. This was a critical error by Dr. Carson. I'm all for the guy but he has to get it together and fast. The media just wants to push and poke him into an outburst. He has to handle them better because they all want to be the one to make him break. That is the pathetic state of Presidential politics but he wants to stay in the game he needs a different approach than asking them all to sign an affidavit or weird stuff like that.

What the media wants out of Carson is viewers for the next 3 days until they can roll the ball forward or get another ball to play with.

He's taking Trump lessons, is a fast learner, and one must remember, that good, bad or indifferent PR is just that, PR and keeps the media away from other strong candidates, and whatever happened to the Hildebeast.... barely a mention in the FREE PRESS!

Carson Thanks 'Biased Media' for Huge $3.5M Fundraising Surge

Newsmax ^ | | Saturday, 07 Nov 2015 03:15 PM | By BILL BARROW and SERGIO BUSTOS
Ben Carson sarcastically thanked the mainstream media and several negative stories for a fundraising surge that brought in $3.5 million for the former neurosurgeon this week. Moreover, many of those donations are small from a huge spectrum of donors who can give over and over again, unlike many of the "bundlers" who tap millionaires and billionaires for other other candidates. That is already making Carson's mailing list the stuff of legend among political professionals and rival campaigns.

Now that the media sees they can get Ben riled up they will not stop. This was a critical error by Dr. Carson. I'm all for the guy but he has to get it together and fast. The media just wants to push and poke him into an outburst. He has to handle them better because they all want to be the one to make him break. That is the pathetic state of Presidential politics but he wants to stay in the game he needs a different approach than asking them all to sign an affidavit or weird stuff like that.

You're right about this but the larger point is this; the media wants anyone on its airwaves to meltdown.

It's not a sad state of Presidential Politics. It shows, again, that politics is a profession.

He's taking Trump lessons, is a fast learner, and one must remember, that good, bad or indifferent PR is just that, PR and keeps the media away from other strong candidates, and whatever happened to the Hildebeast.... barely a mention in the FREE PRESS!

Carson Thanks 'Biased Media' for Huge $3.5M Fundraising Surge

Newsmax ^ | | Saturday, 07 Nov 2015 03:15 PM | By BILL BARROW and SERGIO BUSTOS
Ben Carson sarcastically thanked the mainstream media and several negative stories for a fundraising surge that brought in $3.5 million for the former neurosurgeon this week. Moreover, many of those donations are small from a huge spectrum of donors who can give over and over again, unlike many of the "bundlers" who tap millionaires and billionaires for other other candidates. That is already making Carson's mailing list the stuff of legend among political professionals and rival campaigns.

Great news for HIllary Clinton. Every dollar given to Carson is a dollar that a serious contender isn't getting. That is like giving Clinton 2 bucks each time.

Maybe they're trying to see if he'll pull a hammer out. lol

Maybe they're trying to see if he'll pull a hammer out. lol
Scalpel.

Still waiting to see if he can get riled up. Raise your voice, say a cussword, something. :)

Either he's on sedatives which would be bad, or his mental discipline is such that he keeps himself wrapped tightemotionally. But if so, what happens when that discipline unravels? Does he run around the room throwing things and hitting people? It's a legitimate concern. Presidency is a tad stressful and people are going to unravel from time to time, we need to know what happens when he unravels.

Yeah, I was surprised at his behavior at that press conference. It was VERY clear that he was REALLY freakin' PISSED.

That's his political inexperience showing. First, he shouldn't have jumped so quickly into a pit of reporters like that, and second, he lost control somewhat, just this side of screaming. Zero pitch or volume control, whiny. Bad enough that anyone in politics does that, but especially a guy who is so celebrated for being cool and calm.

Craziest election season ever. Not in a good way.

Last edited:

You're right about this but the larger point is this; the media wants anyone on its airwaves to meltdown.

It's not a sad state of Presidential Politics. It shows, again, that politics is a profession.
Exactly.

As is governance at the National level – it's not the venue for amateurs, sophomoric neophytes, or 'citizen' politicians, as House republicans have clearly demonstrated.

Still waiting to see if he can get riled up. Raise your voice, say a cussword, something.

images
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...en/5/56/%22Gentle_Ben%22_1965_dust_jacket.jpg

To Delta4Embassey: I cannot say that I am sorry to see Ben Carson catching hell. I do not give a rat’s ass about the West Point story, or anything else the media might uncover in Gentle Ben’s past. The guy is running as a spiritual leader. That alone should eliminate him.

Keep it up, MSM. The public is finally catching onto your perfidious game.

The media's doing what the media always does to any prominent black person who's a Republican or conservative. They all get the business because of the threats they pose to the status quo.

Forum List

Back