What The Hell ...

A campy movie with poor graphics is all the original Star Wars was...

Whatever you think of it, it's an institution, at its core escapist entertainment aimed primarily at kids.

Insertion of controversy is unnecessary.

For 1977, the graphics/effects were unprecedented. Compared to today - yes it is almost laughably bad.
I was 12 years old when it came out, with few exceptions - Sci-Fi prior to 1977, especially "Space Sci-Fi" was over the top dumb with horrendous special effects.

For 1977, the graphics/effects were unprecedented. Compared to today - yes it is almost laughably bad.
I was 12 years old when it came out, with few exceptions - Sci-Fi prior to 1977, especially "Space Sci-Fi" was over the top dumb with horrendous special effects.
I almost cringe when I see a 1950's or 1960's sci fi.....Having grown up on them, I just can't stand them..

I almost cringe when I see a 1950's or 1960's sci fi.....Having grown up on them, I just can't stand them..

The original Star Trek...OMG bad. Right up there with Batman & Robin with the worst story lines and special effects television has ever seen. Talk about campy...Star Trek.

The original Star Trek...OMG bad. Right up there with Batman & Robin with the worst story lines and special effects television has ever seen. Talk about campy...Star Trek.
No shit, but not nearly as good as Gilligan's island...

It's all relative to the time in which they are produced. In the past, good writing often overcame low budget effects.

Today's effects can picture anything, but can't override all the crappy writing.

No shit, but not nearly as good as Gilligan's island...

Hahaha...you got that right! I was young when I saw that show, but nothing was worse than the Lost in Space "The Vegetable Rebellion".

MV5BMjM2MjM1NTM0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDI2ODI0MjE@._V1_UY268_CR87,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

PDVD_007.JPG

I was in my 20's, took my 6 year old to the drive-in to see it. You should have seen me driving home on I-95 through New Haven that night. I was in the cockpit of an X-wing starfighter the whole way home, blowing up all the oncoming traffic. It was AWESOME special effects for the time. Every sci-fi movie since has borrowed from it.

I didn't see Star Wars until I got HBO in 1982.....I went to see flicks with bare breasted women in 1977..

My first booby movie was Animal House in 1978...I was 13. Honest to God it was at that moment when I made it a mission to get some of THAT!! :D

I was in my 20's, took my 6 year old to the drive-in to see it. You should have seen me driving home on I-95 through New Haven that night. I was in the cockpit of an X-wing starfighter the whole way home, blowing up all the oncoming traffic. It was AWESOME special effects for the time. Every sci-fi movie since has borrowed from it. That was some good acid huh.

Hey hey hey! Night of the Lepus was a classic.

latest

Hey hey hey! Night of the Lepus was a classic.

latest
My fav as a kid was
tdikvy2lfceubj3j1wxc.jpg

Forum List

Back