What the hell is with these pollsters?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I just looked into the new Fox poll and was stunned to see that even they OVERSAMPLED democrats. And not by a little either.

44% democrat to 35% republican http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2012/08/09/fox-news-poll-presidential-race/

Why would anyone even publish such a skewed poll??????????????????

If you look deep into the data you can also see that they have consistantly oversampled democrats from as much as 1% to 9%

With such a small number of respondents polled how can they expect to get a fair sampling of the pulse of the people when nonsense like this is done? I can see why a left leaning establishment may want to skew a poll but why the hell would Fox do the same damn thing?

It's done to make news.

Don't let it discourage you they do it every election.

They are also not polling likely voters yet. They are polling registered voters.

I just looked into the new Fox poll and was stunned to see that even they OVERSAMPLED democrats. And not by a little either.

44% democrat to 35% republican http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2012/08/09/fox-news-poll-presidential-race/

If you look deep into the data you can also see that they have consistantly oversampled democrats from as much as 1% to 9%

With such a small number of respondents polled how can they expect to get a fair sampling of the pulse of the people when nonsense like this is done? I can see why a left leaning establishment may want to skew a poll but why the hell would Fox do the same damn thing?

Dont tell conservaderp. He thinks he is such a scholar.....:lmao:

What a moron. It's because there's more registered Democrats than Republicans. Many of the racist Dixiecrats are still registered as Democrat, but vote for the wingnut Republicans in state-wide and National elections. Didn't you ever hear the term, Reagan Democrat?

What a moron. It's because there's more registered Democrats than Republicans. Many of the racist Dixiecrats are still registered as Democrat, but vote for the wingnut Republicans in state-wide and National elections. Didn't you ever hear the term, Reagan Democrat?

Utter nonsense. The numbers are fluid and change regularly. Party Affiliation: 36% Democrats, 33% Republicans - Rasmussen Reports™

What is the logic for Fox to publish a bogus poll

To get people like us talking about fox news. I have never trusted polls and I believe they become more tainted every election

Kerry was winning this same time during bush/Kerry but bush won and the dems accused us of cheating.

They did this before Carter was smashed I just hope Mitt takes the gloves off soon. Otherwise we maybe all be fools of the two party scam. And as far as Fox - I watch it often and it is nothing but a liberal Republican angle at news. They have good fair debate but for last two months the point of view is politically correctness aimed at moderates imo

Makes you wonder about the other polls we see, can we trust the results of any of 'em? Maybe Fox is telling us that, in a very subtle way. Don't know, don't care a whole lot about polls anyway. The 1948 election between Truman and Dewey had Dewey winning by a very big margin in the polls. But in the last few weeks leading up to election day, people switched to Truman and the Dewey supporters didn't show up in enough numbers.

Looks to me like it's too close to call, the conventions, debates, and future events will probably change the way some people think a little bit, along with all the negative ads.

Utter nonsense. The numbers are fluid and change regularly. Party Affiliation: 36% Democrats, 33% Republicans - Rasmussen Reports™

How'd Rasmussen arrive at those figures?

(hint: random sample survey)

How'd Fox arrive at their figures?

(hint: random sample survey)

Forum List

Back