What The Hell Is Up With Arizona?

Hold everything.

1. Requires a reasonable attempt to be made to determine the immigration status of a person during any legitimate contact made by an official or agency of the state or a county, city, town or political subdivision (political subdivision) if reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the U.S.

If this is true (and I suspect it is), then I was wrong. According to this, there has to first be a "legitimate" contact before officers can attempt to verify citizinship status. This would not remove the requirement of probable cause to stop/detain, thereby keeping the law within 4th Amendment limitations.

The only remaining issue, then, has to do with enforcement of Federal immigration laws by local police. That is an issue - but it isn't the one I have been discussing.

Thanks to SFC Ollie for providing the enlightening information . . . :clap2:

Last edited:
Good ol' white boys ain't gonna git stopped, you can bet on that. But them beaners? That's another matter, bub.

How many "good ole white boys" are illegal aliens, dumbass?

That loud, "Whooshing" sound you are hearing is the point of my post going over your head at a very high rate of speed.

Hold everything.

1. Requires a reasonable attempt to be made to determine the immigration status of a person during any legitimate contact made by an official or agency of the state or a county, city, town or political subdivision (political subdivision) if reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the U.S.

If this is true (and I suspect it is), then I was wrong. According to this, there has to first be a "legitimate" contact before officers can attempt to verify citizinship status. This would not remove the requirement of probable cause to stop/detain, thereby keeping the law within 4th Amendment limitations.

The only remaining issue, then, has to do with enforcement of Federal immigration laws by local police. That is an issue - but it isn't the one I have been discussing.

I saw that happening and was wondering how long it would take before you actually read either the link to a pdf copy of the bill, or the actual copy of the bill I posted.

I find it refreshing you have found it and make a post to that effect.

I live in AZ and have been saying I don't think it is the problem that it has been made out to be by some on here. That said, I live here and have some concerns myself about the practical enforcement of this bill now and in the future. In past posts you yourself made references to the possible abuse of the law, I share those concerns. In the short term, this will likely be used as written, but who knows what the future holds.

Hold everything.

I saw that happening and was wondering how long it would take before you actually read either the link to a pdf copy of the bill, or the actual copy of the bill I posted.

I live in AZ and have been saying I don't think it is the problem that it has been made out to be by some on here. That said, I live here and have some concerns myself about the practical enforcement of this bill now and in the future. In past posts you yourself made references to the possible abuse of the law, I share those concerns. In the short term, this will likely be used as written, but who knows what the future holds.

Thanks for your comments. I do apologize for not taking the time to actually go to the wording of the bill - I assumed the original post I read on the subject was correct. Shouldn't ever do that.

Hold everything.

Thanks for your comments. I do apologize for not taking the time to actually go to the wording of the bill - I assumed the original post I read on the subject was correct. Shouldn't ever do that.

Well, thanks, but I don't see any need for an apology.

Forum List

Back