What The Hell Is Up With Arizona?

Could you provide some evidence that any hispanics can be stopped and searched at will by the police? Contrary to what you said, I highly doubt anyone is stopping citizens of any race thinking they are illegals. By definitions, citizens aren't illegals.

Oh boy - where to begin?

First of all, for evidence of the new law, turn on your television set and look at the news.

As to who can and cannot be stopped, here's the deal:

Under SB1070, however, Arizona police will have the right to stop anyone on "reasonable suspicion" that they may be an illegal immigrant and can arrest them if they are not carrying a valid driver's license or identity papers.

Can "any Hispanic" be stopped under this law? Seems to me they can. How can you reasonably determine that someone might be an illegal alien without papers merely by looking at him or her? Only one way to find out - stop 'em and search 'em.

I'm sure that the police are not stopping "citizens of any race" thinking they are illegals. Good ol' white boys ain't gonna git stopped, you can bet on that. But them beaners? That's another matter, bub.

An Arizona lawmaker fears her state is becoming a "laughing stock" after the state House passed a bill that will force President Barack Obama to present his birth certificate before being certified to run for president in the state.

I think her fears are more than being realized.

What the hell is going on in Arizona?

Hispanic citizens suspected of being illegals can be stopped and searched at will by the police.

All citizens allowed to carry concealed weapons.

Now, apparently, Arizona is going to require President Obama to prove up his birth certificate if he plans to be on the ballot in AZ in 2012.

Have the wingnuts taken over?

If the idiots in Washington would secure the border then our border counties wouldn't be having these problems. I applaud Arizona.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

NO one ever mentions the border of canada, only the brown border down south.

Think maybe that's because Canadians aren't flooding our country with illegal workers who undercut American wages by more than 1/2 and displace LEGAL Americans from their jobs?

Nah...couldn't be that, could it? :eusa_doh:

Dumbass.....its always "racism" with you libnuts. :rolleyes:

Could you provide some evidence that any hispanics can be stopped and searched at will by the police? Contrary to what you said, I highly doubt anyone is stopping citizens of any race thinking they are illegals. By definitions, citizens aren't illegals.

Oh boy - where to begin?

First of all, for evidence of the new law, turn on your television set and look at the news.

Under SB1070, however, Arizona police will have the right to stop anyone on "reasonable suspicion" that they may be an illegal immigrant and can arrest them if they are not carrying a valid driver's license or identity papers.

Can "any Hispanic" be stopped under this law? Seems to me they can. How can you reasonably determine that someone might be an illegal alien without papers merely by looking at him or her? Only one way to find out - stop 'em and search 'em.

I'm sure that the police are not stopping "citizens of any race" thinking they are illegals. Good ol' white boys ain't gonna git stopped, you can bet on that. But them beaners? That's another matter, bub.

Instead of going on a temper tantrum quoting news sources, why don't you post a linky link to the legislation you're ranting about?

I'd much rather read THE FACTS first....then decide if I want to join you in your tantrum.

Dumbass. :rolleyes:

Oh boy - where to begin?

Instead of going on a temper tantrum quoting news sources, why don't you post a linky link to the legislation you're ranting about?

I'd much rather read THE FACTS first....then decide if I want to join you in your tantrum.

Arizona Illegal-Immigrant Law Draws Strong Opposition - TIME

If the idiots in Washington would secure the border then our border counties wouldn't be having these problems. I applaud Arizona.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

NO one ever mentions the border of canada, only the brown border down south.

Think maybe that's because Canadians aren't flooding our country with illegal workers who undercut American wages by more than 1/2 and displace LEGAL Americans from their jobs?

WHO hires illegal workers and displaces legal Americans? Small business owners, maybe? Homeowners who cruise the Home Depot? And, who buys the drugs these illegals allegedly sell?
Seems the Arizona lawmakers are as incapable of rational and critical thinking as are those in the tea parties.

Last edited:
Oh boy - where to begin?

Nope.

TIME magazine doesn't count as a "LINK TO THE LEGISLATION".

I want a link from the AZ state website that cites the ENTIRE, SPECIFIC LANGUAGE used in this legislation.

Provide THAT, not some biased news source or magazine.

Reading comprehension wasn't your strong suit in school, was it? Doh. :eusa_doh:

BTW - I live in Southern California. My soon is a roofing contractor. For the past two years, he has been really struggling to make ends meet. Why? A combination of the recession and the increased number of unlicensed roofers who slap substandard roofs up on people's houses at greatly reduced cost, using ILLEGAL ALIENS as their workers.

I dislike what is going on as much as the next person - perhaps a bit more. So don't think that my basic attitude towards illegal immigration is any different than yours.

However, I still recognize that our criminal justice system and our laws cannot carve an exception into the vital rights that are (and should be) available to all who prosecuted by that same criminal justice system. If they're here illegally, deport 'em. But find them and prosecute them legally before you do.

Nope.

I want a link from the AZ state website that cites the ENTIRE, SPECIFIC LANGUAGE used in this legislation.

Reading comprehension wasn't your strong suit in school, was it? Doh. :eusa_doh:

Find it yourself. You obviously have enough time on your hands.

Nope.

Find it yourself. You obviously have enough time on your hands.

I'm not the one who:

1. Hasn't bothered to READ the legislation.

2. Is throwing a hissy fit over it

AND....

3. Is posting biased news and magazine sources as back up for his position.

If you want me to join you in your hissy fit, you'll have to give me the FACTS, Ma'am. Just the FACTS.

Sorry...your problem otherwise. Don't whine to me.

:D

Good for Arizona to stand up and enforce the Federal Law. If our Government was serious about enforcing the law and holding their oath of office then we wouldn't have this problem in the first place. It took years of ignoring federal law and it will take years of enforcing the laws in order to give Legal Citizens the security it should have.

I've always believed that if the illegals knew the USA meant business when dealing with illegals then that would be half the battle in bring order back. I also think the process to gain citizenship for illegals should be reviewed and probably revamped. That doesn't mean to let every TOM DICK AND HARRY to come in. I like how some Countries do theirs, you have to prove you have an income that you can sustain your living here in this country for 5 years etc...there is more.

Good for Arizona to stand up and enforce the Federal Law. If our Government was serious about enforcing the law and holding their oath of office then we wouldn't have this problem in the first place. It took years of ignoring federal law and it will take years of enforcing the laws in order to give Legal Citizens the security it should have.

I've always believed that if the illegals knew the USA meant business when dealing with illegals then that would be half the battle in bring order back. I also think the process to gain citizenship for illegals should be reviewed and probably revamped. That doesn't mean to let every TOM DICK AND HARRY to come in. I like how some Countries do theirs, you have to prove you have an income that you can sustain your living here in this country for 5 years etc...there is more.

So you're for police officers being able to walk up to any citizen who is hispanic and detain them due to a mere guess? Big Brother would be proud of you. :thup:

Also, if we applied your last standard to earlier times, a great deal of the families coming in from Ellis Island would of been denied entry. Especially those of Irish and Italian descent.

So you're for police officers being able to walk up to any citizen who is hispanic and detain them due to a mere guess? Big Brother would be proud of you. :thup:

if a hispanic robbed your home killed your wife and rapped your daughter would you want the police to not question hipanics.....

You are exaggerating the intent of the new LAW and you know it. If a suspect is pulled over for Drunk Driving, Robbery or any crime then you bet. You seem to want to throw out the emotional response of storm trooper tactic and you know that is disingenuous of you to do.

Do go and smell your dog shit some more mmm ok

if a hispanic robbed your home killed your wife and rapped your daughter would you want the police to not question hipanics.....

Except a hispanic has done none of these things to me. However, I'm sure plenty of white people do these sort of things to others too. So how come white people aren't having Big Brother laws against them if this is about crime?

You are exaggerating the intent of the new LAW and you know it. If a suspect is pulled over for Drunk Driving, Robbery or any crime then you bet. You seem to want to throw out the emotional response of storm trooper tactic and you know that is disingenuous of you to do.

No, if you are pulled over for Drunk Driving, a cop or someone else has made reasonable judgment that you were driving like a drunk person. When it comes to this, it is about race, and race alone. Many innocent people will be either detained or arrested for no reason other than race.

This is how you separate the real Libertarians from the frauds folks. Real Libertarians are against such Big Brother type laws. This is the kind of bullshit that gets Real ID act support and passed.

No, if you are pulled over for Drunk Driving, a cop or someone else has made reasonable judgment that you were driving like a drunk person. When it comes to this, it is about race, and race alone. Many innocent people will be either detained or arrested for no reason other than race.

This is how you separate the real Libertarians from the frauds folks. Real Libertarians are against such Big Brother type laws. This is the kind of bullshit that gets Real ID act support and passed.
Breaking the Law is breaking the Law, if you go to jail, get fined, whatever, and when you are pulled over by the cops for Drunk driving you are required to show License and registration, and if that license is suspect they will also ask for other identification.

Oh the horror.

Forum List

Back