What the hell is "Newsflavor?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
I see certain posters link stories from that site a lot on here, yet I've never heard of them.

Is it like Fox News or MSNBC?

I see certain posters link stories from that site a lot on here, yet I've never heard of them.

Not like either. It's an internet based 'news' site.... in that it is not 'news' at all. They have no professional journalists, adhere to no journalistic standards... anyone can write for them. They pay on articles being picked up by other 'media'...

For example: I could write a 'story', saying that Barack Obama is actually Satan and fake an interview with some 'anonymous' source. Then I can file it with 'newsflavor' and if some sucker buys it to run it, I get a cut of what they pay.

Having said that, I do know (although like lots of things that I know - I cannot give a source for it), that it does get used by certain legitimate sources who want to get a story out but don't trust the media not to hachet the story.

My advice: Take any article from that source as not being legitimate - but that is my opinion... based on what I know.

Not like either. It's an internet based 'news' site.... in that it is not 'news' at all. They have no professional journalists, adhere to no journalistic standards... anyone can write for them. They pay on articles being picked up by other 'media'...

For example: I could write a 'story', saying that Barack Obama is actually Satan and fake an interview with some 'anonymous' source. Then I can file it with 'newsflavor' and if some sucker buys it to run it, I get a cut of what they pay.

Having said that, I do know (although like lots of things that I know - I cannot give a source for it), that it does get used by certain legitimate sources who want to get a story out but don't trust the media not to hachet the story.

My advice: Take any article from that source as not being legitimate - but that is my opinion... based on what I know.

Thank you. I trust your judgement since you're in the "biz" so to speak.

So I can start writing articles and you can link to them here now? Cool, look for my first story:

"Lib and Con girls getting it on USMB Style"

They sound like most of the British press.

If you want real news, then get yourself a copy of Private Eye. Any journalist worth their salt will attest to that.

Last edited:

Cannot, would not, could not give a source? Flavors have meaning believe it or not.

Thank you. I trust your judgement since you're in the "biz" so to speak.

So I can start writing articles and you can link to them here now? Cool, look for my first story:

"Lib and Con girls getting it on USMB Style"

Sounds like a barnburner. Can't wait :D

They sound like most of the British press.

If you want real news, then get yourself a copy of Private Eye. Any journalist worth their salt will attest to that.

No offense, but that's crap... Lots of the Brit press are decent - if biased. But PE is very funny. It's your tabloids that should be taken to task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back