What the hell is in the water

Well this is interesting isn't it.

Maybe we can take a few million from the new stimulus package and do a research study on it.

Strange and tragic. Clearly some kind of relationship gone terribly wrong.

I guess there is a lot of pressure at these engineering schools.

I'm not trying to stereotype, but the many different Asians I've known from many different Asian countries have all had fairly passive/extremely respectful personalities that I've been told is a big part of their personality. These weren't just murders, but homicidal type things and its not like they haver some large group there so seeing 2 go crazy is noticeable(This didn't happen in Chinatown)

You never read about what's going down in China town. In my experience Asians aren't a whole hell of a lot different than anyone else on an individual basis. They are subject to the same stupidity, arrogance and ignorance as the rest of us on the downside, and flashes of genius, sense of humor, and willingness to persevere on the upside. These looks quite likely to be another case where a woman broke up with a guy should would have been better off to avoid in the first place and he took unusally strong exception to ending the relationship. Happens in every university in America. That these two just happen to be Asians is pretty much little more than coincidental.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
You never read about what's going down in China town. In my experience Asians aren't a whole hell of a lot different than anyone else on an individual basis. They are subject to the same stupidity, arrogance and ignorance as the rest of us on the downside, and flashes of genius, sense of humor, and willingness to persevere on the upside. These looks quite likely to be another case where a woman broke up with a guy should would have been better off to avoid in the first place and he took unusally strong exception to ending the relationship. Happens in every university in America. That these two just happen to be Asians is pretty much little more than coincidental.

I hear ya, and normally I wouldn't even think anything of it, but one mass murder/suicide and another boy decapitates his ex girlfriend all in 1 year on a campus with a small population makes me pause

Geez people. Way to stereotype. Is this a class on how to be racist and not even know it?

The two incidents are completely different. The asian in the mass murder was a marshmellow and the two involved in the recent incidents were FOBs. If you are confused about what those two things are, then maybe you are a little too confused to understand how these incidents are completely different.

Back story. Northern Virginia where the spree killer was from has a very large asian population. Korean, Vietnamese and to a lesser extent Chinese. Within this asian community, they have delineated themselves by the terms above the first meant to mean yellow on the outside, white on the inside. The second is "Fresh Off the Boat" and generally derogatory.

The recent event was between two FOBs. They were in no way the same as the spree killer who grew up and attended school in Northern Virginia. The only thing that connects them is the color of their skin and that it happened at VT.

Once is happenstance......

Twice is circumstance.......

Three is overt enemy action.

They've made 2 so far.

I hope it doesn't make 3.

Tech that was pretty much my point. By the way interesting info. I'll have to remember that for the future.

Forum List

Back