What The Heck Is Going On With Fonts?

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
In recent weeks, whenever I copy and paste text from a third party site, it shows up in my post with all kinds of REALLY ANNOYING formatting attached to it which is extremely difficult to remove.

And more strangely, if I import two paragraphs, for example, and decide to bold some text in the second paragraph, the forum software breaks the text into two separate quotes, starting the second quote box where the bold text starts, which might be in the middle of a sentence.

Trying to paste a url is also weird. It's never imported the same way twice. Sometimes it show up as tiny, tiny, tiny text. Other times, huge. Other times, with all kind of font and sizing and other garbage attached.

Whatever you guys did to the software, please undo it.

I've had no problems at all.
In recent weeks, whenever I copy and paste text from a third party site, it shows up in my post with all kinds of REALLY ANNOYING formatting attached to it which is extremely difficult to remove.

And more strangely, if I import two paragraphs, for example, and decide to bold some text in the second paragraph, the forum software breaks the text into two separate quotes, starting the second quote box where the bold text starts, which might be in the middle of a sentence.

Trying to paste a url is also weird. It's never imported the same way twice. Sometimes it show up as tiny, tiny, tiny text. Other times, huge. Other times, with all kind of font and sizing and other garbage attached.

Whatever you guys did to the software, please undo it.

Look at this mess. I copied and pasted some text from a link. Here's what showed up after I posted it. All those quote and unquote boxes and the FONT crap was added by the forum software.

I know this his happening to others because I can see the variable fonts showing up in their posts, too:

213r6zt.jpg

Here's a link: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/16/opinion/if-roe-v-wade-goes.html

I am going to copy and paste two consecutive paragraphs from that link and I will not make any changes to what the forum software does to it, except to put both paragraphs inside a single quote unquote container.

It is no secret that Mitt Romney and his running-mate, Representative Paul Ryan, are opponents of abortion rights. When Mr. Ryan was asked at last week’s debate whether voters who support abortion rights should be worried if the Romney-Ryan ticket were elected, he essentially said yes.
They would depart slightly from the extremist Republican Party platform by allowing narrow exceptions for rape, incest or the life of the woman. Beyond that, they would move to take away a fundamental right that American women have had for nearly 40 years.

Here is what the above post looked like after I simply pasted the text from the link inside a quote function, before I hit the Post Reply button:

91h208.jpg

See how the second paragraph is offset from the first?

See how the text has a white background? I did none of that formatting.

Now here is what my post looks like if I go back to it and select the Edit button. Notice all the new quote unquote functions which came out of nowhere.

In this particular case, the software decided not to add any FONT functions this time:

v4v3t1.jpg

The forum software randomizes how if screws up the posts. Sometimes it breaks sentences in the middle and creates a new quote box with the remaining text in a completely different font.

Ok, check your preferences under your account at the top of the page. Under preferences it should read browsing preferences once you click on preferences. Below time zone are several options you can check. See if. Use the rich text editor is checked. If not, check it and try again.

Ok, check your preferences under your account at the top of the page. Under preferences it should read browsing preferences once you click on preferences. Below time zone are several options you can check. See if. Use the rich text editor is checked. If not, check it and try again.
It is checked. It was not unchecked.

As I said, I have noticed this isn't just happening to me. As you can see below, it is happening to others.

It isn't me, or my settings. Something has changed on this forum:

125otjp.jpg

g5000 there is a problem since the latest Xenforo upgrade and right now the way around it is as follows:

After copying text, right click and choose "paste and match style" That will fix it. Until Xenforo sends out a patch thats the way around the issue. hope that helps you

g5000 there is a problem since the latest Xenforo upgrade and right now the way around it is as follows:

After copying text, right click and choose "paste and match style" That will fix it. Until Xenforo sends out a patch thats the way around the issue. hope that helps you
Thank you very much!

Thank you very much!
You're welcome....just got word that Xenforo will be issuing a patch for the issue soon. We'll update as soon as we get it

Thank you very much!
You're welcome....just got word that Xenforo will be issuing a patch for the issue soon. We'll update as soon as we get it

Hmm... I wonder if this is related to the disappearing pasted text mystery...

Yanno what C_K, I just wrote that sentence, cut it and pasted it back...... and it worked! That's the first time it's behaved normally since that issue started. I took no action at all on my end but it's back to normal. Earlier today it was still invisible.

I have noticed nothing about fonts as described above though, at all.

Actually my general workaround for stripping out embedded formatting in general is to just dump it into Notepad and pick it out again. Notepad ignores all that.

Forum List

Back