What the GOP is Offering and Why It Pisses Me Off

What the GOP seems to claim as their solutions to our are as follows:

A budget that doesn't reduce the deficit (at least, according to non-GOP sources) and increases defense spending. They will not even discuss our defense spending. As if our military is so bad at our jobs, they have to spend 10x more than any other country to compensate for it.

The promise that they will protect the Rich and also Powerful Global Corporations. Because you know, that's who really needs protecting. Seriously, only Americans are stupid enough to buy that one.

They'll create jobs by lowering the corporate tax rates. Because Zero is too much. And the reason companies ship jobs from the USA - where they pay 17% of average - to India - where the rate is 33%, has to do with taxes. It's not that India has an average income of $2 a day, no labor or environmental laws to speak of etc... No. It's that attractive 33% tax rate that has Raja answering the phone whenever I call tech support. Riiight. Oh, and they've made it clear they'll fight the Dems on closing the loopholes that make it advantageous to ship our jobs overseas. Because if we protect our jobs here, all the companies in the world will leave the largest consumer base they have. Riiiight.

The promise they will fight Dodd-Frank and make sure the banks that took us in the toilet, remain Too Big To Fail.

They'll get rid of the mortgage deduction for the Middle Class (at least according to Boehner and Cantor, this would be a good thing). That way, the only way it's worth buying a house, is if you're a corporation. Then, once the corporations own the entire country, they can raise the rents. Peachy.

They will get rid of planned parenthood and increase the number of welfare moms. Wonderful.

They will make sure we don't have any more of those terrible regulations that hurt business. You know, like upgrading equipment used in The Gulf on oil rigs. Or making sure that CitiBank doesn't have to worry about getting in trouble when they commit fraud. Or BofA can go ahead and illegally foreclose on our troops while their overseas.

They'll protect me from two women getting married in Iowa. Because that's um, scary. Maybe Marcus Bachmann can pray the gayness out of them for me. Really, how the hell did this become so important?

They'll attack Iran. Whose military hasn't been reduced to zero through years of sanctions like Iraq was. Whose military is ten times bigger and better equipped than any military in the region. Because what we really need is another war in the Middle East - while lowering taxes - because that worked out so well for us last time.

WTF people? Obama sure hasn't been great but the GOP has tried SO HARD to make him / the Dems look good by comparison, it's a no-brainer.

I really thought the party would change after Obama got elected. And it did. It got worse. Where's the candidate who says things like:
1. Any business that can't survive without government help, shouldn't survive. So I'm ending the subsidies to Big Oil, farms, alternative energy companies etc...
2. Less government is better. So I don't CARE if a couple gals get married. Seriously, we have more important things to worry about.
3. We have a serious deficit problem. So instead of some bs plan that will have zero effect and appeal to the emotions of a few, I'm cutting defense by 50%. That will save us a TRILLION dollars every three years.
4. I'm getting rid of the tax breaks associated with shipping jobs overseas. We have a huge consumer base, a safe country and a great infrastructure so it's not like companies are just going to leave, it we stop rewarding them for screwing the American worker. I'll reverse the breaks as incentives for brining jobs back where they belong.

You know, stuff like that. Instead, i get the promise they'll defund planned parenthood, thus reducing the budget by 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000001%
Wonderful.

Liberals may now discuss the points and ConservaRepubs may now ignore them, change the subject, sling some labels and the usual...

Their ideas on austerity are a laugh riot too. Here we are in the middle of an economy that's suffering from depressed overall spending, and their solution is to <drumroll, please> slash gov't spending even though both interest rates and inflation are extremely low.

What the GOP seems to claim as their solutions to our are as follows:

A budget that doesn't reduce the deficit (at least, according to non-GOP sources) and increases defense spending. They will not even discuss our defense spending. As if our military is so bad at our jobs, they have to spend 10x more than any other country to compensate for it.

The promise that they will protect the Rich and also Powerful Global Corporations. Because you know, that's who really needs protecting. Seriously, only Americans are stupid enough to buy that one.

They'll create jobs by lowering the corporate tax rates. Because Zero is too much. And the reason companies ship jobs from the USA - where they pay 17% of average - to India - where the rate is 33%, has to do with taxes. It's not that India has an average income of $2 a day, no labor or environmental laws to speak of etc... No. It's that attractive 33% tax rate that has Raja answering the phone whenever I call tech support. Riiight. Oh, and they've made it clear they'll fight the Dems on closing the loopholes that make it advantageous to ship our jobs overseas. Because if we protect our jobs here, all the companies in the world will leave the largest consumer base they have. Riiiight.

The promise they will fight Dodd-Frank and make sure the banks that took us in the toilet, remain Too Big To Fail.

They'll get rid of the mortgage deduction for the Middle Class (at least according to Boehner and Cantor, this would be a good thing). That way, the only way it's worth buying a house, is if you're a corporation. Then, once the corporations own the entire country, they can raise the rents. Peachy.

They will get rid of planned parenthood and increase the number of welfare moms. Wonderful.

They will make sure we don't have any more of those terrible regulations that hurt business. You know, like upgrading equipment used in The Gulf on oil rigs. Or making sure that CitiBank doesn't have to worry about getting in trouble when they commit fraud. Or BofA can go ahead and illegally foreclose on our troops while their overseas.

They'll protect me from two women getting married in Iowa. Because that's um, scary. Maybe Marcus Bachmann can pray the gayness out of them for me. Really, how the hell did this become so important?

They'll attack Iran. Whose military hasn't been reduced to zero through years of sanctions like Iraq was. Whose military is ten times bigger and better equipped than any military in the region. Because what we really need is another war in the Middle East - while lowering taxes - because that worked out so well for us last time.

WTF people? Obama sure hasn't been great but the GOP has tried SO HARD to make him / the Dems look good by comparison, it's a no-brainer.

I really thought the party would change after Obama got elected. And it did. It got worse. Where's the candidate who says things like:
1. Any business that can't survive without government help, shouldn't survive. So I'm ending the subsidies to Big Oil, farms, alternative energy companies etc...
2. Less government is better. So I don't CARE if a couple gals get married. Seriously, we have more important things to worry about.
3. We have a serious deficit problem. So instead of some bs plan that will have zero effect and appeal to the emotions of a few, I'm cutting defense by 50%. That will save us a TRILLION dollars every three years.
4. I'm getting rid of the tax breaks associated with shipping jobs overseas. We have a huge consumer base, a safe country and a great infrastructure so it's not like companies are just going to leave, it we stop rewarding them for screwing the American worker. I'll reverse the breaks as incentives for brining jobs back where they belong.

You know, stuff like that. Instead, i get the promise they'll defund planned parenthood, thus reducing the budget by 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000001%
Wonderful.

Liberals may now discuss the points and ConservaRepubs may now ignore them, change the subject, sling some labels and the usual...

more damn drama queen bullshit from the left.

Hmmm. Zero on any issues or topics discussed. Zero of substance. You would be a ConservaRepub then? :lol:

Dependent Illogic is one of the biggest attention whores here... apparently he was spanked a lot as a child. He's a far left nutjob who for watever reason thinks he's fooling people into believing he's something other than a far left nutjob.

Are you ever going to post about anything but ME?

Well, all you ever seem to do is post about you....Fair is fair....:lol:

Yes so then you're too stupid to figure out I didn't write the Ryan budet? That's not about me is it? you're too ignorant to understand i don't set tax rates? Well yes, I could see you being that stupid so let me help you out: I don't set tax rates. As a matter of fact, I come into or start every thread, discussing issues and topics.
But you and Soggy?
Zero on issues.
Zero on topics.
Zero of substance.
So then, you would be a ConservaRepub, right? :lol:

WHERE do you get this "stuff" from? Huffington Post? CurrentTV? The alphabet networks? New York Times? MSNBC?

My guess is all of the above.

Do yourself, and the rest of us, a big favor............sit this one out.

What do you think the GOP is offering?

Their ideas on austerity are a laugh riot too. Here we are in the middle of an economy that's suffering from depressed overall spending, and their solution is to <drumroll, please> slash gov't spending even though both interest rates and inflation are extremely low.
It's also slow because business owners aren't investing, as they don't know who is going to be scapegoated next and what the rules are going to be tomorrow.

The solution for this isn't more gubmint spending, but America getting shed of the amateurs and academic theoreticians currently running the show.

It's slow because government inflated the costs, of production, over time, so all kinds of retards are geting paid, to do dirt. The retards can't back down, since there is no way, for retards to make it, on land they have despoiled. So D and DD got together, DD got pregnant, and a litter of DDDs popped out.

"He said the private sector's doing just fine!" Go Meat, go Meat, go Meat! Meat will make cold-cuts.

What the GOP seems to claim...

Look, I'm not a Republican but your assessment of what "seems" to be the case is so full of hyperbole, distortions, and a the convenient omission of situations in which the Dems are equally culpable, it's hard to take any of it seriously. I'd love to help you slam the actions and policies of those who fancy themselves central planners from either party but your bias is so overwhelming, and your 'list' so long and rambling, I can't muster the effort to even begin. Maybe next time.

We he said.

If you're pissed off we're happy!

What the GOP seems to claim...

Two ConservaRepubs, two post with absolutely nothing on issues - exactly as I predicted. You guys are pretty intent on proving me correct, aren't you?

Look, I'm not a Republican but your assessment of what "seems" to be the case is so full of hyperbole, distortions, and a the convenient omission of situations in which the Dems are equally culpable, it's hard to take any of it seriously. I'd love to help you slam the actions and policies of those who fancy themselves central planners from either party but your bias is so overwhelming, and your 'list' so long and rambling, I can't muster the effort to even begin. Maybe next time.

Three posts. Zero issues even discussed. If any of you would care to take a crack at an issue, you just let me know. :)
You don't control the rules of engagement around here, Sluggo.

And flooding the zone with deletions, distortions, gross overgeneralizations, deflecting from another thread where you proclaimed that you'd never be able to vote for the guy you're now voting for, then expecting people to come back addressing your flurry of neurotic rationalizations for incomprehensible wishy-washiness is a pretty piss poor smokescreen for making yet another thread about yourself.

If you're pissed off we're happy!

Two ConservaRepubs, two post with absolutely nothing on issues - exactly as I predicted. You guys are pretty intent on proving me correct, aren't you?

Three posts. Zero issues even discussed. If any of you would care to take a crack at an issue, you just let me know. :)

And flooding the zone with deletions, distortions, gross overgeneralizations, deflecting from another thread where you proclaimed that you'd never be able to vote for the guy you're now voting for, then expecting people to come back addressing your flurry of neurotic rationalizations for incomprehensible wishy-washiness is a pretty piss poor smokescreen for making yet another thread about yourself.

LOL! My puppy! Follows me around just to post about me folks! Take a look at this thread. My little bitch has come in and posted nine times in this thread! About what? Me! Every time! Isn't she sweet? I am obviously her obssession! It never even occurs to me to go into a thread and post about my little puppy. But then, I'm capable of original thought, addressing issues and such, whereas my little blitch? Nine times about me!!! That's so cute! LOL! Good for you Oddy! You are like my own personal court jester and I like whn you post for my entertainment!
<<<pat on head>>>
Okay I just wanted to see if my puppy actually posted about an issue for once - but the universe is normal and giggles abound. Although I do feel a little guilty because you know, it's not nice to laugh at retards...

LOL! My puppy! Follows me around just to post about me folks! Take a look at this thread. My little bitch has come in and posted nine times in this thread! About what? Me! Every time! Isn't she sweet? I am obviously her obssession! It never even occurs to me to go into a thread and post about my little puppy. But then, I'm capable of original thought, addressing issues and such, whereas my little blitch? Nine times about me!!! That's so cute! LOL! Good for you Oddy! You are like my own personal court jester and I like whn you post for my entertainment!
<<<pat on head>>>
Okay I just wanted to see if my puppy actually posted about an issue for once - but the universe is normal and giggles abound. Although I do feel a little guilty because you know, it's not nice to laugh at retards...

Hope you had fun on vacay. :thup:

Forum List

Back