What the GOP is Offering and Why It Pisses Me Off

There is a problem! Many, MANY Republicans are angry and baffled by what has happened to their party. I hope they get it back before too much damage has been done.

The damage is likely irreparable.

It’s also very telling how the right responds to criticism of the GOP by whining how ‘bad’ Obama is.

In case you haven't been listening, Clayton...the Left has been doing more whining about Barry than the Right. Obama angers the Right...they don't like his agenda and hate his policies. Obama frustrates the Left because they thought they were getting "Super Liberal"! and instead they got 3 1/2 years of "Fail".

Go for it, I'm all ears.

I like to talk about Paul Ryan's solution that Romney supports. Instead of raising the tax rate on corporations and RICH people--take away the loop holes--that they get--they end up paying more in tax revenue--and probably more than a tax hike.

This while we cut the size of government--which reduces government spending. Is there something wrong with that proposal or what? Obviously we're going to have to raise the age eligibility for social security--you know that's coming sooner than later--otherwise this country goes bankrupt. Anyone 55 and older nothing changes--they still get their benefits--younger than that--they wait a few years longer before getting benefits. Then what about medicare benefits--do they really belong to wealthy people who can afford to pay a little more than middle class counterparts?

All of this is in the Ryan budget--in which democrats continually blast--but I sure don't see any solutions coming from them.

I would suggest before the Democrats spend so much time and effort telling the Republicans what is wrong with their party you take a real serious honest look at your own. If you do you will discover the Democratic party really does not have any better record for dealing with the nations problems than the Republicans do.

There is a LOT I think the Dems have done poorly. ObamaCare is a prime example. But overall and for this election, I find the Dems positions, actions etc.... MUCH better than the Repubs during the last couple of years and currently.

So, want to be specific? As you notice, I do not insult (unless insulted first) and although I may challenge them, I can respect differing views.

During the Bush years you had out of control government spending from the moment Obama and the Democrats were sworn in the out of control government spending continued there is very little foreign policy difference between Bush and Obama there are differences on social issues between Democrats and Republicans and there always will be that is nothing new.But when you at the policies and results from Bush and the Republicans to Obama and the Democrats there is really no difference between them.

This is actually a very solid and well-reasoned post. I would still respectfully disagree. Specifically, Bush got us into Iraq and Afghanstan and Obama is getting us out of both. Bush did nothing but piss off the entire world by saying "Hey everyone, waddya think? Is it cool to invade Iraq?" And after they all said No, he said "well fuck you anyway!" and got us mired into a shit storm for years, bankrupting us in the process. Obama got us in and out of libya with full NATO support, little cost and zero lives. And an EXIT Strategy! Wow! The GOP fights to increase the defense budget while Obama wants to slash it.
So I see significant differences in foreign policy, defense budget etc...

There is a LOT I think the Dems have done poorly. ObamaCare is a prime example. But overall and for this election, I find the Dems positions, actions etc.... MUCH better than the Repubs during the last couple of years and currently.

So, want to be specific? As you notice, I do not insult (unless insulted first) and although I may challenge them, I can respect differing views.

During the Bush years you had out of control government spending from the moment Obama and the Democrats were sworn in the out of control government spending continued there is very little foreign policy difference between Bush and Obama there are differences on social issues between Democrats and Republicans and there always will be that is nothing new.But when you at the policies and results from Bush and the Republicans to Obama and the Democrats there is really no difference between them.

This is actually a very solid and well-reasoned post. I would still respectfully disagree. Specifically, Bush got us into Iraq and Afghanstan and Obama is getting us out of both. Bush did nothing but piss off the entire world by saying "Hey everyone, waddya think? Is it cool to invade Iraq?" And after they all said No, he said "well fuck you anyway!" and got us mired into a shit storm for years, bankrupting us in the process. Obama got us in and out of libya with full NATO support, little cost and zero lives. And an EXIT Strategy! Wow! The GOP fights to increase the defense budget while Obama wants to slash it.

Obama got us out of Iraq on Bush's timetable, and he just signed an open ended agreement with Afghanistan to keep troops in that country for at least another 10 years. One of us really confused about facts, it is probably the person that has me on ignore because he is too stupid to deal with the real world.

If anyone wants some rep feel free to quote this so Independent Idiot can see it.

What the GOP seems to claim as their solutions to our are as follows:

A budget that doesn't reduce the deficit (at least, according to non-GOP sources) and increases defense spending. They will not even discuss our defense spending. As if our military is so bad at our jobs, they have to spend 10x more than any other country to compensate for it.

The promise that they will protect the Rich and also Powerful Global Corporations. Because you know, that's who really needs protecting. Seriously, only Americans are stupid enough to buy that one.

They'll create jobs by lowering the corporate tax rates. Because Zero is too much. And the reason companies ship jobs from the USA - where they pay 17% of average - to India - where the rate is 33%, has to do with taxes. It's not that India has an average income of $2 a day, no labor or environmental laws to speak of etc... No. It's that attractive 33% tax rate that has Raja answering the phone whenever I call tech support. Riiight. Oh, and they've made it clear they'll fight the Dems on closing the loopholes that make it advantageous to ship our jobs overseas. Because if we protect our jobs here, all the companies in the world will leave the largest consumer base they have. Riiiight.

The promise they will fight Dodd-Frank and make sure the banks that took us in the toilet, remain Too Big To Fail.

They'll get rid of the mortgage deduction for the Middle Class (at least according to Boehner and Cantor, this would be a good thing). That way, the only way it's worth buying a house, is if you're a corporation. Then, once the corporations own the entire country, they can raise the rents. Peachy.

They will get rid of planned parenthood and increase the number of welfare moms. Wonderful.

They will make sure we don't have any more of those terrible regulations that hurt business. You know, like upgrading equipment used in The Gulf on oil rigs. Or making sure that CitiBank doesn't have to worry about getting in trouble when they commit fraud. Or BofA can go ahead and illegally foreclose on our troops while their overseas.

They'll protect me from two women getting married in Iowa. Because that's um, scary. Maybe Marcus Bachmann can pray the gayness out of them for me. Really, how the hell did this become so important?

They'll attack Iran. Whose military hasn't been reduced to zero through years of sanctions like Iraq was. Whose military is ten times bigger and better equipped than any military in the region. Because what we really need is another war in the Middle East - while lowering taxes - because that worked out so well for us last time.

WTF people? Obama sure hasn't been great but the GOP has tried SO HARD to make him / the Dems look good by comparison, it's a no-brainer.

I really thought the party would change after Obama got elected. And it did. It got worse. Where's the candidate who says things like:
1. Any business that can't survive without government help, shouldn't survive. So I'm ending the subsidies to Big Oil, farms, alternative energy companies etc...
2. Less government is better. So I don't CARE if a couple gals get married. Seriously, we have more important things to worry about.
3. We have a serious deficit problem. So instead of some bs plan that will have zero effect and appeal to the emotions of a few, I'm cutting defense by 50%. That will save us a TRILLION dollars every three years.
4. I'm getting rid of the tax breaks associated with shipping jobs overseas. We have a huge consumer base, a safe country and a great infrastructure so it's not like companies are just going to leave, it we stop rewarding them for screwing the American worker. I'll reverse the breaks as incentives for brining jobs back where they belong.

You know, stuff like that. Instead, i get the promise they'll defund planned parenthood, thus reducing the budget by 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000001%
Wonderful.

Liberals may now discuss the points and ConservaRepubs may now ignore them, change the subject, sling some labels and the usual...

It's wildly ironic that they are doing this to you. It's like you can't point out the problems in the Party, or you're the problem for saying there's a problem.

There is a problem! Many, MANY Republicans are angry and baffled by what has happened to their party. I hope they get it back before too much damage has been done.

The only ones who seem to be concerned with what has happened to the Republican party are left wing Democrats. The Republican party has moved slightly to the right, but the Democrat party has moved so far to the left, that the gap has widened significantly.

Having read hundreds of posts from all you outspoken liberals, one thing is very clear. Either you don't have any real concept of what Republicans propose, or you are so partisan that you don't even want to know.

I am a Republican by default. It is not my ideal of a party, but it is a hell of a lot closer to it than the Democrat party.

[The only ones who seem to be concerned with what has happened to the Republican party are left wing Democrats. The Republican party has moved slightly to the right, but the Democrat party has moved so far to the left, that the gap has widened significantly.

Having read hundreds of posts from all you outspoken liberals, one thing is very clear. Either you don't have any real concept of what Republicans propose, or you are so partisan that you don't even want to know.

I am a Republican by default. It is not my ideal of a party, but it is a hell of a lot closer to it than the Democrat party.

Please tell us everything the Democratic party has moved so far to the left on.

[Having read hundreds of posts from all you outspoken liberals, one thing is very clear. Either you don't have any real concept of what Republicans propose, or you are so partisan that you don't even want to know.

Romney has proposed a big tax cut, increasing military spending, and that he will balance the budget via cuts in domestic non-defense spending.

Do you deny that? Am I misrepresenting his economic plan?

Hey, how about a link to read that backs up your OP?

You need a LINK???? Because it's such a big mystery to you that the GOP is against gay marriage? LOL! Seriously? Here's 30 seconds worth of search on FOX:

Several States Take Up Fight Over Defunding Planned Parenthood | Fox News

GOP budget plan aims to head off Pentagon cuts with social program savings | Fox News

Ryan budget revives fight on Dodd-Frank, carried interest - The Deal Pipeline(SAMPLE CONTENT: NEED AN ID?)

I mean seriously? Which stated position in the OP isn't common knowledge? But I love that all the ConservaRepubs who have posted thusfar, have proven me absolutely correct! Issues? Nah. ConservaRepubs don't discuss those. LibDems do but not ConservaRepubs. :lol:

First, no reason to be a jerk to me.
Second, you threw A LOT of items into your OP.
Third, asking for links to back up all your claims so a person can read where you're coming from...how is that proof that people don't want to discuss?

If you assert, you must provide...does that ring a bell at all?

You need a LINK???? Because it's such a big mystery to you that the GOP is against gay marriage? LOL! Seriously? Here's 30 seconds worth of search on FOX:

GOP budget plan aims to head off Pentagon cuts with social program savings | Fox News

Ryan budget revives fight on Dodd-Frank, carried interest - The Deal Pipeline(SAMPLE CONTENT: NEED AN ID?)

I mean seriously? Which stated position in the OP isn't common knowledge? But I love that all the ConservaRepubs who have posted thusfar, have proven me absolutely correct! Issues? Nah. ConservaRepubs don't discuss those. LibDems do but not ConservaRepubs. :lol:
why is gay marriage such a high priority with you libnutters when we have financial issues, a virtual domino effect?

maybe you can answer this, why is george soros shorting the dollar?
why are gold and silver prices artificially control below value?

Obama got us out of Iraq on Bush's timetable, and he just signed an open ended agreement with Afghanistan to keep troops in that country for at least another 10 years. One of us really confused about facts, it is probably the person that has me on ignore because he is too stupid to deal with the real world.

If anyone wants some rep feel free to quote this so Independent Idiot can see it.

Keep the rep, it was worth quoting on its own.

I have to point out independent that even though you are able to tip your hat to a reasoned argument you do not come back with any real reason as to why you continue to support Obama or his policies. You have been shown a few examples of how 90 percent of the OP was utter nonsense and also how the democrats are as complicit in the problems as the republicans. Rather than refute the points given to you all I see is "good post but I still thing whatever I posted already." Are you here for actual debate or just to see what the other side thinks?

A budget that doesn't reduce the deficit (at least, according to non-GOP sources) and increases defense spending. They will not even discuss our defense spending. As if our military is so bad at our jobs, they have to spend 10x more than any other country to compensate for it.

The promise that they will protect the Rich and also Powerful Global Corporations. Because you know, that's who really needs protecting. Seriously, only Americans are stupid enough to buy that one.

They'll create jobs by lowering the corporate tax rates. Because Zero is too much. And the reason companies ship jobs from the USA - where they pay 17% of average - to India - where the rate is 33%, has to do with taxes. It's not that India has an average income of $2 a day, no labor or environmental laws to speak of etc... No. It's that attractive 33% tax rate that has Raja answering the phone whenever I call tech support. Riiight. Oh, and they've made it clear they'll fight the Dems on closing the loopholes that make it advantageous to ship our jobs overseas. Because if we protect our jobs here, all the companies in the world will leave the largest consumer base they have. Riiiight.

The promise they will fight Dodd-Frank and make sure the banks that took us in the toilet, remain Too Big To Fail.

They'll get rid of the mortgage deduction for the Middle Class (at least according to Boehner and Cantor, this would be a good thing). That way, the only way it's worth buying a house, is if you're a corporation. Then, once the corporations own the entire country, they can raise the rents. Peachy.

They will get rid of planned parenthood and increase the number of welfare moms. Wonderful.

They will make sure we don't have any more of those terrible regulations that hurt business. You know, like upgrading equipment used in The Gulf on oil rigs. Or making sure that CitiBank doesn't have to worry about getting in trouble when they commit fraud. Or BofA can go ahead and illegally foreclose on our troops while their overseas.

They'll protect me from two women getting married in Iowa. Because that's um, scary. Maybe Marcus Bachmann can pray the gayness out of them for me. Really, how the hell did this become so important?

They'll attack Iran. Whose military hasn't been reduced to zero through years of sanctions like Iraq was. Whose military is ten times bigger and better equipped than any military in the region. Because what we really need is another war in the Middle East - while lowering taxes - because that worked out so well for us last time.

WTF people? Obama sure hasn't been great but the GOP has tried SO HARD to make him / the Dems look good by comparison, it's a no-brainer.

I really thought the party would change after Obama got elected. And it did. It got worse. Where's the candidate who says things like:
1. Any business that can't survive without government help, shouldn't survive. So I'm ending the subsidies to Big Oil, farms, alternative energy companies etc...
2. Less government is better. So I don't CARE if a couple gals get married. Seriously, we have more important things to worry about.
3. We have a serious deficit problem. So instead of some bs plan that will have zero effect and appeal to the emotions of a few, I'm cutting defense by 50%. That will save us a TRILLION dollars every three years.
4. I'm getting rid of the tax breaks associated with shipping jobs overseas. We have a huge consumer base, a safe country and a great infrastructure so it's not like companies are just going to leave, it we stop rewarding them for screwing the American worker. I'll reverse the breaks as incentives for brining jobs back where they belong.

You know, stuff like that. Instead, i get the promise they'll defund planned parenthood, thus reducing the budget by 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000001%
Wonderful.

Liberals may now discuss the points and ConservaRepubs may now ignore them, change the subject, sling some labels and the usual...
why is the owness on the gop when it's obama's administration...he has spent 5 trillion in 3 yrs of a 4 year term...an increase of 50% before he got into orfice..fact

Obama administration doesn't include gas and food with regard to inflation...fact

you are justifying bad behavior with more..how do you gravitate to this solution when facts slap you upside the head..beavis? facts are not part of your solution and so you sound like liberal patsy or pavlov's dog...which is it?????????

Wonderful.

One of the attacks Obama tried on Mitt was to say he got some of his ideas from him.

Seems to me Mitt is more liberal than most people give him credit for. It's one of the reasons the far right doesn't support him.

So now you want to demonize him and give him policies and beliefs he doesn't have.

You wanna say he's just some big fat rich homophobe who hates women and wants to poison children.

Meanwhile Obama is signing treaties with the UN giving away our riches, our oil, our right to defend ourselves, our rights to a space program, our guns, and our sovereignty. This guy is so rotten I find it hard to believe myself, but it's true.

Hmmmmmm......Romney or Obama......tough choice.

The damage is likely irreparable.

It’s also very telling how the right responds to criticism of the GOP by whining how ‘bad’ Obama is.

I don't think the damage is irreparable. It could even be argued that the madness the party is going through right now could ultimately be a good thing for it. Just depends on how things fall.

The loons have turned the party into a caricature with their paralyzing absolutism, their ridiculous "pledges" and their hilarious "Keep Government Out of Medicare" signs. I have no doubt there are plenty of people within the party, people of both reason and influence, who see this happening and are just trying to keep the wheels from falling off before they try to right the ship (great mixed metaphor there!).

If this is the case, they have to let the loons collapse under the weight of their own absurdity and self-marginalize. This could take a while, but I do think it's possible.

At least I hope I'm right. This country needs two strong parties (preferably three) that can provide good options in elections. Quickly.

Last edited:
WHERE do you get this "stuff" from? Huffington Post? CurrentTV? The alphabet networks? New York Times? MSNBC?

My guess is all of the above.

Do yourself, and the rest of us, a big favor............sit this one out.

How come you don't refute any of it. What do Republicans stand for? What would they do to improve the country? You don't know. They don't know. No one seems to know.

You need a LINK???? Because it's such a big mystery to you that the GOP is against gay marriage?

You've just provided a perfect example of what I was talking about. You conveniently overlook that President Obama is against gay marriage too. In fact, his and Romney's position are identical. You really need to put some focus and specificity to your posts if you really want debate. Now, if you're just trolling liberal talking points, well...

why is gay marriage such a high priority with you libnutters when we have financial issues, a virtual domino effect?

You miss my point. It's that gay marriage ISN'T a big deal to LibDems and Indies. We don't CARE if gays get married. It doesn't affect us. Now, how many candidates in the GOP Primaries went out of their way to say they would support DOMA? All of them. How many times have GOPers gone out of their way to bring this up? Tons. Why? Your point is mine. We have bigger fish to fry.

maybe you can answer this, why is george soros shorting the dollar?
why are gold and silver prices artificially control below value?

First, no reason to be a jerk to me.
Second, you threw A LOT of items into your OP.
Third, asking for links to back up all your claims so a person can read where you're coming from...how is that proof that people don't want to discuss?

If you assert, you must provide...does that ring a bell at all?

I disagree. It rains. Do you need a link to believe that? The GOP wants to lower taxes. Do you need a link to believe that? Some things are common knowledge. You're on a political chat board. It is assumed you would have at least a modicum of knowledge concerning American politics.

Wonderful.

It's wildly ironic that they are doing this to you. It's like you can't point out the problems in the Party, or you're the problem for saying there's a problem.

The only ones who seem to be concerned with what has happened to the Republican party are left wing Democrats. The Republican party has moved slightly to the right, but the Democrat party has moved so far to the left, that the gap has widened significantly.

1. How has the Dem party moved "wildly to the left"? Specific examples would be great. 2. How is anything in the OP inaccurate. I've seen a ton of posts from the ConservaRepubs in this thread that say exactly that - but NONE of them point out a single inaccuracy. The Right are all saying "You're wrong in lots of way, none of which I can point out!" That's pretty weak.

I have to point out independent that even though you are able to tip your hat to a reasoned argument you do not come back with any real reason as to why you continue to support Obama or his policies. You have been shown a few examples of how 90 percent of the OP was utter nonsense and also how the democrats are as complicit in the problems as the republicans. Rather than refute the points given to you all I see is "good post but I still thing whatever I posted already." Are you here for actual debate or just to see what the other side thinks?

Two things. 1. it's great having the Windbag on ignore! :)
2. No one has shown a SINGLE thing about the OP that is "utter nonsense". Lots of whining and moaning but not one person has said "You're wrong about the GOP because they do NOT _____" fill in the blank with taxes, Planned Parenthood, gay marriage or whatever. ZERO has been refuted. So you're wrong there. However, since you make the claim, I invite you to do so. And again, my assertation is not that there isn't a shared policy between one Dem and one Repub, it's that they don't make these things their campaign platform, thus defining their priorities. The Dems (for the simple, minded this means the party) do not define fighting gay marriage as one of their key positions.
So I'm happy to debate when someone offers soemthing to debate. Just haven't seen it thusfar.

Wonderful.

One of the attacks Obama tried on Mitt was to say he got some of his ideas from him.

Seems to me Mitt is more liberal than most people give him credit for. It's one of the reasons the far right doesn't support him.

So now you want to demonize him and give him policies and beliefs he doesn't have.

You wanna say he's just some big fat rich homophobe who hates women and wants to poison children.

I don't claim any of those things about Mitt. The OP is about today's GOP. However, Mitt will do and say whatever it takes to get votes and once in power, he will flip and flop in whatever direction the GOP dictates to keep his seat at the table. Would you like examples of major issues he's completely flip-flopped on, to get the nomination?

Meanwhile Obama is signing treaties with the UN giving away our riches, our oil, our right to defend ourselves, our rights to a space program, our guns, and our sovereignty. This guy is so rotten I find it hard to believe myself, but it's true.

Hmmmmmm......Romney or Obama......tough choice.

To whom has Obama given our riches? Although i disagree with his oil policy, he hasn't given it away. How has he impinged on your right to defend yourself? I still have my gun. All the hysterics about 2nd amendment and the Dems have never even introduced a single law in his term. So no, none of what you claim is true as far as i know. But if you can support any of it, I'm all ears. This would be the difference between what I assert and the counters from The Right. Attention Right: I CAN SUPPORT EVERYTHING IN THE OP WITH DIRECT QUOTES FROM GOP LEADERS. (see a few examples below)

You need a LINK???? Because it's such a big mystery to you that the GOP is against gay marriage?

You've just provided a perfect example of what I was talking about. You conveniently overlook that President Obama is against gay marriage too. In fact, his and Romney's position are identical. You really need to put some focus and specificity to your posts if you really want debate. Now, if you're just trolling liberal talking points, well...

Show me where Obama is campaigning on this being a priority? Would you like to see quotes from Mitt, Newt, Ricky and Michele Whackjob claiming they will make DOMA a priority? Again, it's not JUST the issues, it's the priorities.
Thusfar, the Right has not come up with a single counter to anything in the OP. The very best they have been able to say is "Well oh yeah? Well the Dems don't make anything in the OP or even hold these positions as a party platform BUT one democrat currently has the same position as one other Repub in one area. Well um, wow.

The OP holds. The ConservaRepubs have yet to offer a single counter. Thus the reason Obama will win in November. But take heart ConservaRepubs. Read my signature below. (because you know, all Liberals predict the GOP will have victories in the house and senate! :lol:)

He put me on ignore because I was negative. It seems that his idea of a discussion is one person saying something, the other person saying something else, and neither party actually caring what the other person said. I actually asked him once what issues he thought he was raising in a thread where all he was doing is stating how he felt about things. Apparently he thinks his feelings are really important.

WHERE do you get this "stuff" from? Huffington Post? CurrentTV? The alphabet networks? New York Times? MSNBC?

My guess is all of the above.

Do yourself, and the rest of us, a big favor............sit this one out.

How come you don't refute any of it. What do Republicans stand for? What would they do to improve the country? You don't know. They don't know. No one seems to know.

How come you don't refute anything I say when I respond to you? You really look idiotic when you call someone out for doing the same thing you do.

Forum List

Back