What the GOP is Offering and Why It Pisses Me Off

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
What the GOP seems to claim as their solutions to our are as follows:

A budget that doesn't reduce the deficit (at least, according to non-GOP sources) and increases defense spending. They will not even discuss our defense spending. As if our military is so bad at our jobs, they have to spend 10x more than any other country to compensate for it.

The promise that they will protect the Rich and also Powerful Global Corporations. Because you know, that's who really needs protecting. Seriously, only Americans are stupid enough to buy that one.

They'll create jobs by lowering the corporate tax rates. Because Zero is too much. And the reason companies ship jobs from the USA - where they pay 17% of average - to India - where the rate is 33%, has to do with taxes. It's not that India has an average income of $2 a day, no labor or environmental laws to speak of etc... No. It's that attractive 33% tax rate that has Raja answering the phone whenever I call tech support. Riiight. Oh, and they've made it clear they'll fight the Dems on closing the loopholes that make it advantageous to ship our jobs overseas. Because if we protect our jobs here, all the companies in the world will leave the largest consumer base they have. Riiiight.

The promise they will fight Dodd-Frank and make sure the banks that took us in the toilet, remain Too Big To Fail.

They'll get rid of the mortgage deduction for the Middle Class (at least according to Boehner and Cantor, this would be a good thing). That way, the only way it's worth buying a house, is if you're a corporation. Then, once the corporations own the entire country, they can raise the rents. Peachy.

They will get rid of planned parenthood and increase the number of welfare moms. Wonderful.

They will make sure we don't have any more of those terrible regulations that hurt business. You know, like upgrading equipment used in The Gulf on oil rigs. Or making sure that CitiBank doesn't have to worry about getting in trouble when they commit fraud. Or BofA can go ahead and illegally foreclose on our troops while their overseas.

They'll protect me from two women getting married in Iowa. Because that's um, scary. Maybe Marcus Bachmann can pray the gayness out of them for me. Really, how the hell did this become so important?

They'll attack Iran. Whose military hasn't been reduced to zero through years of sanctions like Iraq was. Whose military is ten times bigger and better equipped than any military in the region. Because what we really need is another war in the Middle East - while lowering taxes - because that worked out so well for us last time.

WTF people? Obama sure hasn't been great but the GOP has tried SO HARD to make him / the Dems look good by comparison, it's a no-brainer.

I really thought the party would change after Obama got elected. And it did. It got worse. Where's the candidate who says things like:
1. Any business that can't survive without government help, shouldn't survive. So I'm ending the subsidies to Big Oil, farms, alternative energy companies etc...
2. Less government is better. So I don't CARE if a couple gals get married. Seriously, we have more important things to worry about.
3. We have a serious deficit problem. So instead of some bs plan that will have zero effect and appeal to the emotions of a few, I'm cutting defense by 50%. That will save us a TRILLION dollars every three years.
4. I'm getting rid of the tax breaks associated with shipping jobs overseas. We have a huge consumer base, a safe country and a great infrastructure so it's not like companies are just going to leave, it we stop rewarding them for screwing the American worker. I'll reverse the breaks as incentives for brining jobs back where they belong.

You know, stuff like that. Instead, i get the promise they'll defund planned parenthood, thus reducing the budget by 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000001%
Wonderful.

Liberals may now discuss the points and ConservaRepubs may now ignore them, change the subject, sling some labels and the usual...

WHERE do you get this "stuff" from? Huffington Post? CurrentTV? The alphabet networks? New York Times? MSNBC?

My guess is all of the above.

Do yourself, and the rest of us, a big favor............sit this one out.

WHERE do you get this "stuff" from? Huffington Post? CurrentTV? The alphabet networks? New York Times? MSNBC?

My guess is all of the above.

Do yourself, and the rest of us, a big favor............sit this one out.

I'm not saying you are one but here is what whackjobs do: They come into a post, they don't address a single issue or topic discussed, and they throw a tantrum or label another poster.
You know, exactly like I predicted in the OP.
Hmmm. What did you do?

Care to discuss an issue? Oh wait, nm. :)

What the GOP seems to claim...

Look, I'm not a Republican but your assessment of what "seems" to be the case is so full of hyperbole, distortions, and a the convenient omission of situations in which the Dems are equally culpable, it's hard to take any of it seriously. I'd love to help you slam the actions and policies of those who fancy themselves central planners from either party but your bias is so overwhelming, and your 'list' so long and rambling, I can't muster the effort to even begin. Maybe next time.

Look, I'm not a Republican but your assessment of what "seems" to be the case is so full of hyperbole, distortions, and a the convenient omission of situations in which the Dems are equally culpable, it's hard to take any of it seriously. I'd love to help you slam the actions and policies of those who fancy themselves central planners from either party but your bias is so overwhelming, and your 'list' so long and rambling, I can't muster the effort to even begin. Maybe next time.

Yup. Ditto.

If you're pissed off we're happy!

Two ConservaRepubs, two post with absolutely nothing on issues - exactly as I predicted. You guys are pretty intent on proving me correct, aren't you?

Three posts. Zero issues even discussed. If any of you would care to take a crack at an issue, you just let me know. :)

Two ConservaRepubs, two post with absolutely nothing on issues - exactly as I predicted. You guys are pretty intent on proving me correct, aren't you?

Three posts. Zero issues even discussed. If any of you would care to take a crack at an issue, you just let me know. :)

I'd be happy to address the issue of you possibly having "issues".

You can't throw that much garbage at the wall just to see what sticks and proceed to have a good discussion. What is that hyperbole as modern art? The most sensible response to the first half of your diatribe is to post TL/DR and have done with it.

Instead of projecting what someone else seems to think, why not instead state clearly and succinctly what you actually believe.

Then there is actually something to discuss.

Hey, how about a link to read that backs up your OP?

You need a LINK???? Because it's such a big mystery to you that the GOP is against gay marriage? LOL! Seriously? Here's 30 seconds worth of search on FOX:

Several States Take Up Fight Over Defunding Planned Parenthood | Fox News

GOP budget plan aims to head off Pentagon cuts with social program savings | Fox News

Ryan budget revives fight on Dodd-Frank, carried interest - The Deal Pipeline(SAMPLE CONTENT: NEED AN ID?)

I mean seriously? Which stated position in the OP isn't common knowledge? But I love that all the ConservaRepubs who have posted thusfar, have proven me absolutely correct! Issues? Nah. ConservaRepubs don't discuss those. LibDems do but not ConservaRepubs. :lol:

Hey, how about a link to read that backs up your OP?

You need a LINK???? Because it's such a big mystery to you that the GOP is against gay marriage? LOL! Seriously? Here's 30 seconds worth of search on FOX:

Several States Take Up Fight Over Defunding Planned Parenthood | Fox News

GOP budget plan aims to head off Pentagon cuts with social program savings | Fox News

Ryan budget revives fight on Dodd-Frank, carried interest - The Deal Pipeline(SAMPLE CONTENT: NEED AN ID?)

I mean seriously? Which stated position in the OP isn't common knowledge? But I love that all the ConservaRepubs who have posted thusfar, have proven me absolutely correct! Issues? Nah. ConservaRepubs don't discuss those. LibDems do but not ConservaRepubs. :lol:

I'm a conservative and a registered Republican and I have no problem with gay marriage.
This may come as a shock to you, Independent...but there's actually quite a bit of diversity in the GOP. In many ways I think it could be argued that the GOP is MORE tolerant of differing views than the Democratic Party is these days, rather than less.

As for the proposed GOP budget?

The NERVE of those guys!!! Actually proposing a BUDGET? They're obviously trying to embarrass the Democrats. :)

A budget that doesn't reduce the deficit (at least, according to non-GOP sources) and increases defense spending. They will not even discuss our defense spending. As if our military is so bad at our jobs, they have to spend 10x more than any other country to compensate for it.

They spend more to make sure our military is 10x as good as anyone else. That doesn't mean they shouldn't cut some defense spending, but complaining because it is actually accomplishing something seems a bit silly.

The promise that they will protect the Rich and also Powerful Global Corporations. Because you know, that's who really needs protecting. Seriously, only Americans are stupid enough to buy that one.

When did they promise that? Did I miss another memo?

They'll create jobs by lowering the corporate tax rates. Because Zero is too much. And the reason companies ship jobs from the USA - where they pay 17% of average - to India - where the rate is 33%, has to do with taxes. It's not that India has an average income of $2 a day, no labor or environmental laws to speak of etc... No. It's that attractive 33% tax rate that has Raja answering the phone whenever I call tech support. Riiight. Oh, and they've made it clear they'll fight the Dems on closing the loopholes that make it advantageous to ship our jobs overseas. Because if we protect our jobs here, all the companies in the world will leave the largest consumer base they have. Riiiight.

We have the highest corporate tax rate in the world. If the other countries all charge less in taxes than us we must have a tax rate somewhere above 0%.

The promise they will fight Dodd-Frank and make sure the banks that took us in the toilet, remain Too Big To Fail.

If you don't like too big to fail you must hate Dodd-Frank. Either that or you, as usual, don't know what you are talking about.

They'll get rid of the mortgage deduction for the Middle Class (at least according to Boehner and Cantor, this would be a good thing). That way, the only way it's worth buying a house, is if you're a corporation. Then, once the corporations own the entire country, they can raise the rents. Peachy.

Please explain how eliminating the mortgage deduction on second homes, or, alternatively, limiting it based on income, bad for the middle class?

They will get rid of planned parenthood and increase the number of welfare moms. Wonderful.

Does that mean you admit that Planned Parenthood's only reason for existence is abortions?

By the way, Republicans don't want to eliminate Planned Parenthood, they just want to stop subsidizing it.

They will make sure we don't have any more of those terrible regulations that hurt business. You know, like upgrading equipment used in The Gulf on oil rigs. Or making sure that CitiBank doesn't have to worry about getting in trouble when they commit fraud. Or BofA can go ahead and illegally foreclose on our troops while their overseas.

How do any of those regulations hurt business?

They'll protect me from two women getting married in Iowa. Because that's um, scary. Maybe Marcus Bachmann can pray the gayness out of them for me. Really, how the hell did this become so important?

I have no idea, why are you bring it up in the first place?

They'll attack Iran. Whose military hasn't been reduced to zero through years of sanctions like Iraq was. Whose military is ten times bigger and better equipped than any military in the region. Because what we really need is another war in the Middle East - while lowering taxes - because that worked out so well for us last time.

Is it somehow better if Obama is the one that attacks Iran?

By the way, Iran and Iraq fought a pretty long war in which neither side gained a real advantage, which is why Iraq invaded Kuwait. You do remember Kuwait, don't you, the real reason we "invaded" Iraq in the first place?

WTF people? Obama sure hasn't been great but the GOP has tried SO HARD to make him / the Dems look good by comparison, it's a no-brainer.

What about Obama attacking Libya, Pakistan, Yemen, and sending troops into the Congo? Does any of that stuff make an appearance on your RADAR, or is your head still so far up his but you can't see what he is doing? Do you realize that Obama is the most militarily aggressive president in recent history? Are you aware that he wants to raise taxes on the rich as a prelude to his trickle down taxation policy? Do you have an idea how bad an across the board tax hike for the middle class?

I really thought the party would change after Obama got elected. And it did. It got worse. Where's the candidate who says things like:
1. Any business that can't survive without government help, shouldn't survive. So I'm ending the subsidies to Big Oil, farms, alternative energy companies etc...

Ron Paul, the one that everyone, icluding you, constantly ignores because you think he is crazy.

2. Less government is better. So I don't CARE if a couple gals get married. Seriously, we have more important things to worry about.

Ron Paul, again.

3. We have a serious deficit problem. So instead of some bs plan that will have zero effect and appeal to the emotions of a few, I'm cutting defense by 50%. That will save us a TRILLION dollars every three years.

Actually, it won't, which is why Ron Paul doesn't make that claim. He does, however, want to cut defense spending.

4. I'm getting rid of the tax breaks associated with shipping jobs overseas. We have a huge consumer base, a safe country and a great infrastructure so it's not like companies are just going to leave, it we stop rewarding them for screwing the American worker. I'll reverse the breaks as incentives for brining jobs back where they belong.

There are no tax breaks for shipping jobs overseas.

You know, stuff like that. Instead, i get the promise they'll defund planned parenthood, thus reducing the budget by 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000001%
Wonderful.

Liberals may now discuss the points and ConservaRepubs may now ignore them, change the subject, sling some labels and the usual...

Do you understand the concept that, in the context of an actual discussion, there has to something to discuss. If you want to discuss your fantasies why don't you post in the conspiracy theory forum?

This may take a while, and I normally hate responding to massive walls of stereotypical talking points, but whatever. Here goes nothing.

Democrats are just as bad, if not worse, than republicans when it comes to spending. Although, you are right about our defense spending. It needs to be cut. Let's start with closing all foreign military bases. Now it's the liberals turn, what are you going to give up and cut from welfare?

You have to understand that "trickle down" is one the conservatives core beliefs. Take care of the rich and they will take care of you. Unfortunately, I just can't see that anymore. In the past the wealthy did take care of the people who made their businesses successful, but today workers are simply the #1 cost to be cut.

What we need to do is return real power to the worker. Not union power, but individual power. I believe the best way to accomplish this is to reverse the current standing of employers vs potential employees. Right now there are significant more potential employees than there are jobs for them to work. So business owners can be picky and pay less. If we reverse that and have more jobs than there are people to fill them, than workers can be picky and will get paid more.

To bring jobs home we need to end our free-trade agreements and make our country more business friendly. Yes, that does mean lowering some taxes and ending some redundant and unnecessary regulations. But stopping there, as republicans would, won't change a damn thing. We need the whole package. No free-trade, lower taxes, end bad regulations, impose tariffs, stop the EPA from crucifying business, stop picking winners and losers, ect, ect.

You're right. Taxes is just one of many reasons why businesses outsource. Republicans and democrats are just as bad when it comes to policies that drive outsourcing.

Dodd/Frank didn't do anything to stop the "too big too fail" mentality. In fact, it barely did anything at all. But, that also means that fighting it is a complete waste of time that could be spent on better things.

Complete hyperbole. Even if they repealed any mortgage deductions there would be nothing to stop the middle class from saving up a down payment and getting a house that they need (not want) on a mortgage they can afford.

Distraction issue, moving on.

There are two sides to regulations. Making them good and enforcing them. I'm pretty sure republicans don't support removing the regulations you mentioned, but I do know that neither party gives a shit about enforcing them.

It's not important. It's a distraction issue, just like planned parenthood. So, moving on.

Democrats would attack as well. But at least they wouldn't lower taxes at the same time.

Democrats do the exact same thing. Next

He's called Ron Paul. Too bad republicans like big government and big spending so much that refuse to listen to him.

Wonderful.

Did you use your alleged independent logic to figure out what Barry Hussein is offering? Higher taxes, guaranteed higher gas prices, high unemployment and a thousand new IRS agents to enforce a 3,000 page that nobody wants or understands.

Actually, it's pretty much on target.

Wonderful.

It's wildly ironic that they are doing this to you. It's like you can't point out the problems in the Party, or you're the problem for saying there's a problem.

There is a problem! Many, MANY Republicans are angry and baffled by what has happened to their party. I hope they get it back before too much damage has been done.

This may take a while, and I normally hate responding to massive walls of stereotypical talking points, but whatever. Here goes nothing.

Democrats are just as bad, if not worse, than republicans when it comes to spending. Although, you are right about our defense spending. It needs to be cut. Let's start with closing all foreign military bases. Now it's the liberals turn, what are you going to give up and cut from welfare?

I would not close ALL foreign military bases but I would certainly close a lot of them.

You have to understand that "trickle down" is one the conservatives core beliefs. Take care of the rich and they will take care of you. Unfortunately, I just can't see that anymore. In the past the wealthy did take care of the people who made their businesses successful, but today workers are simply the #1 cost to be cut.

What we need to do is return real power to the worker. Not union power, but individual power. I believe the best way to accomplish this is to reverse the current standing of employers vs potential employees. Right now there are significant more potential employees than there are jobs for them to work. So business owners can be picky and pay less. If we reverse that and have more jobs than there are people to fill them, than workers can be picky and will get paid more.

To bring jobs home we need to end our free-trade agreements and make our country more business friendly. Yes, that does mean lowering some taxes and ending some redundant and unnecessary regulations. But stopping there, as republicans would, won't change a damn thing. We need the whole package. No free-trade, lower taxes, end bad regulations, impose tariffs, stop the EPA from crucifying business, stop picking winners and losers, ect, ect.

You're right. Taxes is just one of many reasons why businesses outsource. Republicans and democrats are just as bad when it comes to policies that drive outsourcing.

Dodd/Frank didn't do anything to stop the "too big too fail" mentality. In fact, it barely did anything at all. But, that also means that fighting it is a complete waste of time that could be spent on better things.

Complete hyperbole. Even if they repealed any mortgage deductions there would be nothing to stop the middle class from saving up a down payment and getting a house that they need (not want) on a mortgage they can afford.

Distraction issue, moving on.

There are two sides to regulations. Making them good and enforcing them. I'm pretty sure republicans don't support removing the regulations you mentioned, but I do know that neither party gives a shit about enforcing them.

It's not important. It's a distraction issue, just like planned parenthood. So, moving on.

Democrats would attack as well. But at least they wouldn't lower taxes at the same time.

Democrats do the exact same thing. Next

He's called Ron Paul. Too bad republicans like big government and big spending so much that refuse to listen to him.

Wonderful.

This is one of the best posts I've seen in a long time. It's really refreshing to see someone directly address points and issues.
I like Dr. Paul and would vote for him before Romney. I can respect your reasoning and even the fact that you like a different candidate but what you call "distraction issues" critically effect the lives of millions of people, so we view them differently.
I actually like Obama v.2. The one with balls.

Forum List

Back