What the FUCK is wrong with some of these GOP people?

Granted they are trying to push Akin out for his tremendously stupid comments about rape but then they turn around and adopt abortion as a front end plank at the convention.

SERIOUSLY?????? Are we this god damn stupid? We should have this election in the bag based on the economic performance of this administration. So what do we do? Change the subject from FAILED POLICIES to social issues that before a couple days ago were not even spoke of. Issues that thanks to Akin we WILL LOSE on.

This has got to be one of the dumbest moves of the GOP leaders in years if not decades. This election was ours to lose and we just shot ourselves in the foot.
*shrugs*

I still think the GOP is trying to throw the election. I just don't know why.

Granted they are trying to push Akin out for his tremendously stupid comments about rape but then they turn around and adopt abortion as a front end plank at the convention.

SERIOUSLY?????? Are we this god damn stupid? We should have this election in the bag based on the economic performance of this administration. So what do we do? Change the subject from FAILED POLICIES to social issues that before a couple days ago were not even spoke of. Issues that thanks to Akin we WILL LOSE on.

This has got to be one of the dumbest moves of the GOP leaders in years if not decades. This election was ours to lose and we just shot ourselves in the foot.
*shrugs*

Because they know they cant win on the ideas

Making abortion a front and center issue right before an election you can win without mentioning it is stupid. No one needs to be dishonest. If questioned you give your opinion but you don't make it a front and center topic. It was completely unnecessary and stupid.

The senate certainly should have been ours. The potus possibly as it was neck n neck but now we've played right into the dems hands.

Self inflicted, stupidity is self inflicted

It's just part of the party platform. Has been for decades. This is nothing new. It's a states rights issue but all parties have a platform that they must agree to at their conventions.

This is just one of many planks. No big smurf. And the majority of polling I have seen on abortion is tilted to anti abortion most certainly. Remember that Gallup poll that had pro choice at an all time record low at 41%? That was just this spring.

" Republican officials said the language in the platform was "100% pro-life" but stressed that the document has to remain vague and avoid specific language about abortion exceptions because different states have varying abortion regulations."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...ommittee-approves-tough-anti-abortion-stance/

Last edited:
I dont see whats wrong with protecting life.

Nothing wrong with being anti-abortion, but it's not going to win you many independents if you make it center stage, and right now we need the help from more than just conservatives in order to win.

i don't understand.

i thought america was a conservative country!
It used to be... But the conservatives stayed conservative and the GOP didn't.

*shrugs*

Because they know they cant win on the ideas

We stomp you on the issues that matter. Hence the war on women and other nonsensical side issues

I believe Romney has stated publicly that he prefers an America where abortions are outlawed even in cases of rape. He is the leader of the Republican party. Thus.....he is tied to this.

Even with the media totally in Obama's back pocket
he should lose this election based on this crappy economy.

But they keep the attacks up.Romney the felon,the tax cheat,the guy that killed that lady.
And this buffoon comes along...

Obama should lose on this alone...

“If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen”

Barack Hussein Obama

It's a tight rope walk for Romney/Ryan, they want to be seen as pro-life( my personal opinion is Ryan is and Romney is pro-choice) however they want to avoid any lanauge that can be seen as extreme or anything in regards to actual laws on the issue.

I feel like abortion is a terrible thing and I wish it wasn't a reality. Having said that at this point and time I'm more concerned with the state of our country and all the issues we face. All the social issues, all of them, are secondary in my opinion. We can't fix the major problems of our country if we lose on social issues.

Grampa. It's no big smurf. Romney will still campaign on the economy. It's not like this pro life stance is something out of the blue for R's or conservatives.

Here's the Gallup poll. Lowest number ever for pro choice. With charts.

http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com...roduction/Cms/POLL/soyvhypgyeertznnfmbeqa.gif

Abortion

But they can always count on loyal Republicans like you to keep voting for them....no matter how stupid they get, no matter how many dumb decisions they make. They'll always get your vote.

Not mine. I'm willing to vote them out, even if that means voting Democrat.
well since you have already stated your voting straight Democrat....no matter what.....that makes you no better than Grandpa......just sayin.....

Even with the media totally in Obama's back pocket
he should lose this election based on this crappy economy.

But they keep the attacks up.Romney the felon,the tax cheat,the guy that killed that lady.
And this buffoon comes along...

Obama should lose on this alone...

“If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen”

Barack Hussein Obama

You could at least add the" .... " to show that you cut out parts in the middle.:rolleyes:

I just don't get it. We have soooooo many real challenges facing our nation and we get side tracked on this damn issue every four years. No wonder we're in such a fucking mess. We worry about the table setting and no one orders the food.

But they can always count on loyal Republicans like you to keep voting for them....no matter how stupid they get, no matter how many dumb decisions they make. They'll always get your vote.

Not mine. I'm willing to vote them out, even if that means voting Democrat.
well since you have already stated your voting straight Democrat....no matter what.....that makes you no better than Grandpa......just sayin.....

That's an insult. I've already made it clear Akin will not get my vote based on his selfishness.

Buc is just a gullible moron. Or a fraud. Either way I am leaps and bounds smarter than him.

Shhh about those GOP platform and policies. Just keep complaining about the black guy you mindlessly obstructed from fixing your messes....

Frankie shove your racist bullshit up your slimy ass....not everyone cares what color the President is.....some people are just..... AGAINST THE GUYS POLICIES AND WHERE HE IS GOING.....a dumbass like you will not question the man,no matter what he does....BECAUSE HE IS BLACK.....that makes you ...a DEM DUPE Frankie....but at least your Politically Correct.....right?..........

Forum List

Back