What The Fuck Is Tapanade???

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
250px-Cuillere_de_tapenade.jpg

I just saw a commercial for Direct TV and Patten Manning was joking about Tapanade not exactly being a dish you'd eat while watching football.

I looked it up and it looks tasty. I also love Hummus. Man, that's a great dip with Doritos.

Tapenade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Ingredients

1/2 pound pitted mixed olives
2 anchovy fillets, rinsed
1 small clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons capers
2 to 3 fresh basil leaves
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

Directions

Thoroughly rinse the olives in cool water. Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Process to combine, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl, until the mixture becomes a coarse paste, approximately 1 to 2 minutes total. Transfer to a bowl and serve

Ingredients

2 tablespoons capers

Directions

Thoroughly rinse the olives in cool water. Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Process to combine, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl, until the mixture becomes a coarse paste, approximately 1 to 2 minutes total. Transfer to a bowl and serve

Sounds almost as good as salsa.

It also looks healthy.

I'm gonna try to ether buy some or make some.......but I'm not eating it during a football game.

I'll break out my Blue Ray copy of Pride & Prejudice.

Last edited:
It's very salty! But it's excellent mixed into cream cheese and spread on bread or crackers. Particularly if one's going to top them with some gravlax.....

Also good mixed into the mayo of a roast beef or smoked turkey and provolone sandwich on rye or dense 'artisan' bread.

Oh, yeah - and you can toss it into the hummus, too. Great for dipping baby carrots into..........

It's very salty! But it's excellent mixed into cream cheese and spread on bread or crackers. Particularly if one's going to top them with some gravlax.....

Also good mixed into the mayo of a roast beef or smoked turkey and provolone sandwich on rye or dense 'artisan' bread.

Now I have to look up gravlax.

Sounds like a laxative.

Ingredients

2 tablespoons capers

Directions

Sounds almost as good as salsa.

It also looks healthy.

I'm gonna try to ether buy some or make some.......but I'm not eating it during a football game.

I'll break out my Blue Ray copy of Pride & Prejudice.

Why not eat it during the football game? Salty snacks mix really good with beer!

Looks like something a farm animal would leave behind.

your erudition is boundless...

it's olive spread...

Homemade Olive Tapenade Recipe

I remember seeing it at the store once but I didn't remember the name.

In San Diego they serve Sushi at the ballpark, which I don't think I would eat, not at a ball game, but they're a bit different in Southern California.

I remember taking leave there once and I knew that I was back in CA when the men were wearing pointed shoes and ponytails and the women wearing short hair and boots.

I just saw a commercial for Direct TV and Patten Manning was joking about Tapanade not exactly being a dish you'd eat while watching football.

I looked it up and it looks tasty. I also love Hummus. Man, that's a great dip with Doritos.

looks like baby poo. If it's got anchovies in it it must be salty poo. :eusa_hand:
What are you supposed to put that on?

Now Hummus, I could eat that every day of the week. I love anything made with chick peas. Hummus is great on toast in the morning instead of butter,chips,salads,sandwiches...

Tamponade is when fluid accumulates between the cardic muscle and the pericardial sack, putting increasing pressure on the heart and reducing the volume of blood that the heart can pump.

What?

Tapanade?

Sorry, never mind.

isnt that put on a muffelletta...and i dont even wanna hear it lol

What is Muffelletta?

It's a type of large meat sandwich that they make down in New Orleans.

And.............they're GOOOOOD!!!

I was expecting it to be something maybe Spanish/Mexican, but New Orleans it has to be Creole???.

Meat sandwich sounds like something hubby would like on a weekend while watching TV. Now I gotta look up a recipe and make it. Thanks?

If you enjoy kalamata olives you will love the style of tapenade you are showing.

Tapenade is an olive spread. I love making it with a mix of green and black olives and i use it on pasta. It works well for both a hot and cold pasta dish.... yummy!

It is also what is used on muffuletta sandwiches the south.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back