What The Former Sec Of Defense Thinks.

The minute he does....you'll be there...in all your glory....calling him a liar and asking why he waited too long.

Either way......you get to bitch and moan.

Best case scenario for you? He sends in ground troops and the conflict lasts two years. You'll be dancing in the streets.

The minute he does....you'll be there...in all your glory....calling him a liar and asking why he waited too long.

Best case scenario for you? He sends in ground troops and the conflict lasts two years. You'll be dancing in the streets.
We'll call him a liar because it's a lie. He promised no boots on the ground. Granted, we already have boots on the ground but thats besides the point. Obama's generals dont believe we can defeat ISIS without ground troops. But Obama's left wing base will crucify him for doing exactly what Bush did but with far less justification and far less mandate. So he has to pretend, which seems to be the only skill he's got.

I liked the navy seal who talked to Greta...send in the troops....no ROE...the job will be finished before Christmas.
That would make too much sense and would cede control from the administration. They're probably worried about a coup at this point.

Obamashitforbrains has been a liar from the first moment he announced his candidacy for the POTUS. Whatever the idiot does now will be a fail, as is usual with him.

I wish he'd make up his mind...............He is doing the creep. If your gonna do it, then get in there and get it over with.........You will not retake those cities without boots..........Unless you want to bomb them until the desert is the only thing left................Which I don't really have a problem with anymore...........

Shit or get off the pot.

I heard a long interview with Rand Paul today. He says he's a realist. Which means.....he doesn't speak in absolutes when it comes to national security and intervention. The conditions on the ground can change rapidly, he suggests.....and therefore.....the action that we take or don't take must also be subject to change rapidly.

Agree?

I heard a long interview with Rand Paul today. He says he's a realist. Which means.....he doesn't speak in absolutes when it comes to national security and intervention. The conditions on the ground can change rapidly, he suggests.....and therefore.....the action that we take or don't take must also be subject to change rapidly.

Agree?

That is War. Conditions will change and the opposing sides will have to adapt. That doesn't change the fact that boots take cities if that is the goal. You can't take out everything from the air unless you are prepared to destroy entire cities.

Wow. I'm sure glad I don't have a TV, it sounds like the war propaganda on it is terrible. For a bunch a thugs we funded and armed in the first place, all so our elites and corporations could achieve their foreign policy goals. Sheesh Americans are sure gullible. Daddy Warbucks must be smiling to the bank though. He's going to be cashin' in, selling weapons and supplies to both sides no doubt.

Yup- The arabs are starting to fight the fundie bastards themselves, and are learning how democracy works. I also find the Arab news orgs like Al Jazeera and Gulf to be encouraging.They actually seem to be better than our corporate news. And Fox etc is total bs...

The whole point these days seems to be educating Arabs, Russians, and the GOP on what civilization, modern, and democracy means. No drama Obama is doing a fine job of it.
That means funding our enemies, ISIS (ISIL), right?

"You don't want an uneven game" huh?

You know, Americans send their sons and daughters off to die in this "War on Terror" in the belief that they are "Defending our Freedoms". How would YOU like to be the one that has to tell a Parent that their son died because the US Gov't funded his killers? That the US didn't want an "Uneven Game".

There was a Vietnam Vet who used to post here, went by the name of "Old Guy" I think? When I brought up the fact that the US was supports oppressive gov'ts he just replied: "Politics makes strange bedfellows".

I wish he was here now so I could ask him about ISIS. He'd probably say something like "Well, it keeps the Economy going!" Or "Kids are gonna' die anyway, may as well be for a noble cause!".

Forum List

Back