What The F**k Has Obama Done So Far

Here’s what he said:

Obama, July 13: There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me — because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t — look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something — there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. (Applause.)

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. That’s how we funded the GI Bill. That’s how we created the middle class. That’s how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. That’s how we invented the Internet. That’s how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and that’s the reason I’m running for President — because I still believe in that idea. You’re not on your own, we’re in this together.

There's his speech Mac in its entirety. You took your segment out of context. Fact.

The ONLY reason people take others words out of context usually is to try and make that person look bad.

At least be honest about your motivation.

Greatest social reform since FDR, averted 2nd GOP Great Depression, 80 months straight of growth w/o GOP bubble/bust.scandal AGAIN, respect of world again,reform of college loans/pot laws/gay laws etc etc despite mindless GOP obstruction/fear mongering/propaganda/lies.

Of course, you'll never hear anything positive on the bs GOP propaganda/hate machine...
The social reform is at the core of it, because that's where longer-term cultural changes take place.

I think his legacy will be more about that than about dealing with mess Bush left behind.

Here’s what he said:

Obama, July 13: There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me — because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t — look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something — there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. (Applause.)

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. That’s how we funded the GI Bill. That’s how we created the middle class. That’s how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. That’s how we invented the Internet. That’s how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and that’s the reason I’m running for President — because I still believe in that idea. You’re not on your own, we’re in this together.

There's his speech Mac in its entirety. You took your segment out of context. Fact.

The ONLY reason people take others words out of context usually is to try and make that person look bad.

At least be honest about your motivation.
Honest? Unlike hardcore partisan ideologues, I (like most Americans) get to be honest without reservation. Definitely, my motivation is pro-business, and being neck-deep in the business world it's my opinion that he was mocking business owners when he said "it must be because I was just so smart" in addition to "you didn't build that". I know you won't agree with that, but that just means we disagree. If someone said that about you, "it must be because I was just so smart", you would not take kindly to it, and we both know it.

Regardless, I didn't make a value judgment in my original post, but you folks got hyper-defensive assuming I did. I agree with parts of what he said, but I was not at all fond of (what I felt was) the mocking. Or the apparent ignorance of how difficult it is to start, grow and maintain a business.

You guys might to calm down a bit, this stuff is silly. Life isn't only left wing or right wing.

Last edited:
Greatest social reform since FDR, averted 2nd GOP Great Depression, 80 months straight of growth w/o GOP bubble/bust.scandal AGAIN, respect of world again,reform of college loans/pot laws/gay laws etc etc despite mindless GOP obstruction/fear mongering/propaganda/lies.

Of course, you'll never hear anything positive on the bs GOP propaganda/hate machine...
HA HA. I don't know what "growth" you're referring to. Usually when talking about the economy, the word growth refers to 1) GDP growth and 2) Job growth.

During Obama's time in office, there have been scores of economic DECLINES (opposite of growth)

Examples >>>

Jan 2014 to April 2014 > GDP DROPPED from 3.8% to MINUS 0.9%

From July 2014 to April 2015 > GDP dropped 3 consecutive times from 4.6% to 0.6%

From July 2015 to April 2016 > GDP dropped 3 consecutive times from 3.9% to 0.5%

And those 7 DECLINES are just in a span of 2.5 years. Wanna see the rest of the ugly record ?

As for gay laws, those are deterioration (worsening), not improvement.

And what you call "lies", is the TRUTH. And what you call "mindless GOP obstruction/fear mongering/propaganda" are alerts to danger, which have repeatedly been proven correct. Examples > Fort Hood massacre, Boston marathon bombing, San Benardino massacre, etc, etc

One interesting thing he has done concerns Cuba.

On one hand Obama bombs Libya in order to get their leader murdered and to force regime change. He also aids the Syrian rebels (ISIS) for the same reason, regime change. Why? Because the government of those states were totalitarian which lead to human rights violation.

YET, Cuba since JFK first embargoed Cuba has not changed one ounce. They too are a totalitarian government which has lead to many human rights abuse. Obama didn't care he saw his legacy at risk and was desperate.

View attachment 76023
LBGTs were already in bathrooms with no problems when NC and GOP made this a divisive bs wedge issue for the hater chumps.
Men weren't sharing showers or locker rooms with girls before Obama's approval, dumbass.
Not now, either, hater dupe.
Obama has allowed it in all public schools. Hater dupe.

View attachment 76023
LBGTs were already in bathrooms with no problems when NC and GOP made this a divisive bs wedge issue for the hater chumps.
Men weren't sharing showers or locker rooms with girls before Obama's approval, dumbass.

No, men weren't, but transgendered women were.
All you have to say is your transgendered.

View attachment 76023
BS. Change the gd channel.

On one hand Obama bombs Libya in order to get their leader murdered and to force regime change. He also aids the Syrian rebels (ISIS) for the same reason, regime change. Why? Because the government of those states were totalitarian which lead to human rights violation.

YET, Cuba since JFK first embargoed Cuba has not changed one ounce. They too are a totalitarian government which has lead to many human rights abuse. Obama didn't care he saw his legacy at risk and was desperate.
Kaddafi was about to massacre a major city, dumbass. Embargoing Cuba is as stupid as most things the GOP does.

View attachment 76023

Like anybody would do that for fun. RW idiocy. Like voter ID, bigotry in search of a problem.

Yes Obama told the schools that students can go to the bathroom they identify with. If they don't comply their funding could be cut. Which proves you really could care less about children's education.

Like anybody would do that for fun. RW idiocy. Like voter ID, bigotry in search of a problem.
The same people need an id to get welfare, is that bigotry?

The same people need an id to get welfare, is that bigotry?
Unlike welfare fraud, voter fraud is imaginary, for hater dupes only. And you're wrong anyway. lol

Yes Obama told the schools that students can go to the bathroom they identify with. If they don't comply their funding could be cut. Which proves you really could care less about children's education.
BS. And nothing about showers, dopey dupe.

Kaddafi was about to massacre a major city, dumbass. Embargoing Cuba is as stupid as most things the GOP does.

Sorry to say, once again your history is incorrect. The embargo on Cuba was all democrat. Hell we capitalist conservatives see money to be made we ain't mad, it should be you who is made, you just can't see it.

He has made the White race much weaker in his 8 years, that in itself was his best accomplishment..

White demise, suicides, drug overdoses, more depending on handouts, anger, hate etc has skyrocketed since 2009:clap2:, but they gotta blame all of their failures on Blacks, Mexicans, Muslims, Asians, etc..

Precisely why Hillary Clinton will get most 95% of the color vote:rock:

Forum List

Back