What The CBO Is Now Saying

If you understand 0bama's goals and objectives, he is right on target.

In order for him to do his magic, he needs a crisis and an enemy.

The crisis will be the bond market collapse. Given his treatment of Netanyahu this week, I can guess where he is going with the next enemy.

This link fully explains how the CBO did its calculations, and there are two key statements:

Director's Blog Blog Archive An Analysis of the President?s Budgetary Proposals for Fiscal Year 2011

The analysis compares that outlook with CBO’s baseline projections, which—unlike the President’s budget—assume that current laws and policies that affect federal spending and revenues remain unchanged

CBO has not modified its economic forecast since January, but the agency updated its baseline budget projections early in March to take into account some legislation that has been enacted since the completion of the previous baseline in January 2010 as well as new information obtained about various aspects of the budget since then. The resulting changes, relative to CBO’s January projections, are modest, adding $20 billion to the projected deficit in 2010 and reducing projected deficits over the 2011–2020 period by a total of $57 billion.

So we shall just have to wait and see if Obama's projected budget cuts (not included in the CBO analysis, as stated) have the desired effect.

Yep.

Smoke'em if you got 'em.

I can always raise more "smoke" and make corncob pipes so I don't even have to buy rolling papers.
But I don't think I will be hanging around for the show.

That's probably a good idea.

If you hung around, you'd also invest in tobacco seed, bottom land, and a team of mules.

I have an old tractor that will run on alcohol and I know how to make it. Yeast is all I would buy as I can raise sorghum for the sugar. And I already raise corn.

If you understand 0bama's goals and objectives, he is right on target.

In order for him to do his magic, he needs a crisis and an enemy.

The crisis will be the bond market collapse. Given his treatment of Netanyahu this week, I can guess where he is going with the next enemy.

ahh but that is the republican part of you thinking.
I am hoping Obama does not think that way.

I can always raise more "smoke" and make corncob pipes so I don't even have to buy rolling papers.

If you hung around, you'd also invest in tobacco seed, bottom land, and a team of mules.

I have an old tractor that will run on alcohol and I know how to make it. Yeast is all I would buy as I can raise sorghum for the sugar. And I already raise corn.

Stock up on Engine Oil, Spark Plugs and Tires?

Humbug, just get a mule team.

Last edited:
How I wish Obama had inherited Clintons surpluses instead of Bushs near depression.

If Obama "inherited" the Ecomomy, from Bush

Then Bush "inherited" Islamic Terrorism, from Clinton

It started before Clinton.

Lets remember the first WWT bombing happened one month into Clintons first term.

Bush at least had 9 months to get up to speed on the terrorist, to bad he thought it was just a fake Clinton issue.

It will not take as long as the CBO says, for their economic outlook projection is far too optimistic.

We be goin down folks, the only question is how far.

Yep.

Smoke'em if you got 'em.

How I hope you will.

Its not going to be as bad as you think.

Engine oil and spark plugs yes. I think there is an old pair of steel wheels that will fit the tractor.
Mules are a pain in the butt

How I wish Obama had inherited Clintons surpluses instead of Bushs near depression.

Lets remember the first WWT bombing happened one month into Clintons first term.

Bush at least had 9 months to get up to speed on the terrorist, to bad he thought it was just a fake Clinton issue.

The economy started before Obama

Obama has had at least had 12 months to get up to speed on the economy, to bad he thought it was just a fake Bush issue.

Thanks for playing: Here's a Gold Star for your collection.

schoolage_behaviour.jpg

Too bad Clinton dummied down our intel.
Too bad Clinton didn't take Bin Laden into custody when he could have been handed to us.
Clinton had years to get terrorism under control, but didn't. He did have Monica under control, I will give him that.

Last edited:

Engine oil and spark plugs yes. I think there is an old pair of steel wheels that will fit the tractor.
Mules are a pain in the butt

True, Mules are An Inconveinece. And difficult to breed.

It is all Thomas Jeffersons fault!
If he ahd not been breeding slaves.

Had Jefferson only stayed at a Holiday Inn Express......

Last edited:
Yep.

Smoke'em if you got 'em.

How I hope you will.

Its not going to be as bad as you think.

Just the price on it will be worse than what I think. The big government is going to be worse than what I think. The care I get is going to be worse than I think.

I'm just waiting to see the penal system fill up with the convicts who didn't buy healthcare. :lol:

Hard times, no doubt.

Bad times that could be easily avoided.....but for some strange reason the powers that be refuses to.

The Powers That Be are like Arsonists who set a fire - and then show up claiming that they are the rescuers. If not caught, they will just set more fires - which is the current case with the debt.

I'm kinda curious to find out when all of this heath care reform blows up in America's face, how the Democrats will re-write history to make it all the Republican's fault. We know that health care cost are going to go up, along with insurance costs. We suspect that we're going to have shortages of doctors and waiting lines for standard procedures. I just can't wait to hear the spin that will somehow make it Republican's fault.

Rick

Hard times, no doubt.

Bad times that could be easily avoided.....but for some strange reason the powers that be refuses to.

The Powers That Be are like Arsonists who set a fire - and then show up claiming that they are the rescuers. If not caught, they will just set more fires - which is the current case with the debt.

Nice Analogy.......completely devoid of any partisan rehtoric.

All politicians are "Economic Arsonists."

***which, incidently, might also make a good name for a band***

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t925JwYXhVA]Drum Roll[/ame]

I'm enjoying the image of frantic rightwingers trying desperately to drag the CBO's predictive credibility out from the bus they threw it under last week.

Forum List

Back